I was just at the VZW store and was talking about the storm with a rep (not a manager) and he said "no one likes the storm, but theyre coming out with an updated one in april thats going to be a lot better to type on, so dont buy one now"

when i asked him if he was talking about the niagara (cdma bold) he got a little weird like he shouldn't have said anything and wouldn't give me any more details. i find it hard to believe that they would update the storm, and frankly i like surepress.

my guess is that hes talking about the niagara and was told april, not may - which makes more sense considering sprint is purportedly releasing the niagara pretty soon.

what do VZW reps know anyway, but the more information to consider on the topic the better as far as im concerned
    01-27-09 10:01 AM
    I was just at the VZW store and was talking about the storm with a rep (not a manager) and he said "no one likes the storm, but theyre coming out with an updated one in april thats going to be a lot better to type on, so dont buy one now"

when i asked him if he was talking about the niagara (cdma bold) he got a little weird like he shouldn't have said anything and wouldn't give me any more details. i find it hard to believe that they would update the storm, and frankly i like surepress.

my guess is that hes talking about the niagara and was told april, not may - which makes more sense considering sprint is purportedly releasing the niagara pretty soon.

what do VZW reps know anyway, but the more information to consider on the topic the better as far as im concerned

generally, VZW reps are not given this kind of information.
    01-27-09 11:21 AM
    generally, VZW reps are not given this kind of information.
    not officially, but they may hear things through their work that comes down through the grapevine. im sure he didnt get a memo to tell customers that.

you got any other info, chrisy?

also, is it true that the niagara is only going to have 128 mb of flash while the 8930 will have 256? that might be a reason to hold out for the 8930.
    Last edited by md12; 01-27-09 at 11:31 AM.
    01-27-09 11:24 AM
    I'd believe it, it isn't the first time, especially with a first time device like this. I just wonder if it'll be announced as a new version or if it's just going to go through circulation and mix in quietly with the rest (as did with all the different build differences in production now).

Then again, this is If the story is even true for that matter.
    01-27-09 11:30 AM
    not officially, but they may hear things through their work that comes down through the grapevine. im sure he didnt get a memo to tell customers that.
    all rumors. i wouldn't believe any of it

no, i just wait for phones to be released.
    01-27-09 11:31 AM
    I'd believe it, it isn't the first time, especially with a first time device like this. I just wonder if it'll be announced as a new version or if it's just going to go through circulation and mix in quietly with the rest (as did with all the different build differences in production now).

Then again, this is If the story is even true for that matter.
    BTW, someone posted that the storm has already upgraded the click screen, from first release to the ones made in january. they didn't verify with pictures. my thing is that the hardware seems to be awesome - exception being maybe dust issues. i havent used one though but the limitations seem to be due at least mostly to the OS. any thoughts on whether the hardware needs to be upgraded would be appreciated because im considering buying a storm when the OS is updated by VZ.
    01-27-09 11:37 AM
    I can believe that the click screen has been upgraded. The click screen on my first storm was horrible. But this second one is the $hit. Now if they can do something about the random reboots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 11:44 AM
    I can believe that the click screen has been upgraded. The click screen on my first storm was horrible. But this second one is the $hit. Now if they can do something about the random reboots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    where/when was your second storm made?

any dust issues?
    01-27-09 11:51 AM
    I am eligible for early upgrade in April. The Niagara would be my choice over the Storm if that is the correct release time frame. I sit here waiting patiently.
    01-28-09 10:46 AM
    I doubt it, he would not have that info. May is what I have heard(yes I work at Verizon). But no I wouldn't expect it to come out then.
    01-28-09 09:14 PM

iPhone flashbacks!
    01-28-09 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD