07-09-09 05:30 AM
40 12
tools
    I saw it as a fraud because no one leaves a carrier and pays etfs and buys new phones because of their reading of an attitude on a website. Anyone who says they are doing that is either feeding everyone a line or they are a loon. There was also that long BS post thread last week. Maybe everyone needs to look at things online with a little more cynicism because there were some who were taken for a ride.

You have a great weekend too Twisted Wine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DesertDogs; 06-27-09 at 10:36 PM.
    06-27-09 10:33 PM
    If I understood it correctly, he got bad customer service over the phone and the "attitudes" here made him think it was widespread...

RIF!
    06-27-09 11:37 PM
    Seems to me as a "VIP"? VZW customer of 3 years with 5 lines and perfect payment history that those on here who work for VZW would want to paint or portray a better example of the attitude held by VZW employees
    So you have 5 lines and a perfect payment history. Great, you are holding up your end of the contract. Has Verizon not held up their end of the contract? Are they not providing service that you are paying for as stipulated in the contract? Do your pay your power bill on time? Call them up and ask for a free month of service or something and see what happens there.

The backlash, I believe is against customers who think they are entitled to something free simply for upholding their end of the contract, or are abusing customer service policies, or who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. I'm a former VZW rep, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard "no one told me that". Really? Even if your sales rep didn't tell you something (doubtful) it was in your contract. Didn't read it before signing? Too bad, that's on you. The only customers that bothered me were those who refused to educate themselves about their contracts/equipment and then blamed us when something unexpected happened, or those who came into my location with outrageous, unmeetable demands who became angry when told "no".
    06-28-09 05:15 PM
    If I misunderstood, forgive me - but here is why I don't think I did.
    Sorry I didn't perform deep psycho-analysis on the OP based on a few posts on a webforum, I was just basing my comprehension on what he wrote:

I for one recently had a rude VZW employee on the phone act in the same manner that I've witnessed subscribers being treated on here.
    Sounds like he wanted us to lament with him like they do on that complaint website he linked but didn't get that same response. That's as deep as I'll go... The couch is all yours.
    06-28-09 07:04 PM
    The usual Twins awesomeness.
    Twin (as always) makes a good point too. I'm an employee and I come here to better know my phone, and sometimes try to stop by and help people, but mostly I'm here as a Blackberry customer and Blackberry addict, not as a Verizon employee. Really, I have a right to say whatever I please on this forum, and as long as I'm not doing anything against my company policy, I won't get fired or reprimanded for it.

So, I don't release phone promotions or new phone information before it comes out, and I don't release business secrets and stuff like that.

But VZW isn't one of those companies who freaks out about what you do off the clock. If they did, then my coworker would be fired for carrying a Sprint phone because she isn't "appropriately representing her company off-hours", but it's her dad's plan provided through his work, so it's not like she has a choice.

Honestly, when I'm off hours, if someone asks me a question and I'm not on the clock, I tell them directions to the closest store and that I'm "off the clock, so kindly pretend you don't know who I work for" (I said this to my boyfriend last night actually... I told him I'd look at it today when I'm at work). Since Crackberry isn't paying me, and Verizon isn't paying me off-hours to post on Crackberry, I'll pretty much say what I want whenever I want, which is the same with pretty much every company everywhere.

But...

When I'm in the Verizon forums, I'm here to help people, or chat with my fellow employees. So while in this forum, I personally feel like yes, I am representing the company I work for. !!!BUT!!! that is a personal choice.
    06-30-09 10:53 AM
    I for one will happily stand up and say T-mobile has treated me with far more honesty and integrity 1 week into the relationship than VZW ever did.
    I hope sarcastic and RUDE VZW employees don't forget WHO pays the bills when feeling so elevated in their status as to feel it appropriate to make "stupid" jokes at our expense when in fact MANY if not MOST of us work hard for our little bit of money.....and in most cases are PAID much better than you or your middle managers can imagine........lmao

In closing I will say that your own "EXECUTIVES" related to me on 7/1/08 in a follow up call...that they are actively seeking out RUDE or CONDASCENDING employees and are quickly sending them into the UNEMPLOYMENT RIDDLED door....I can also happily report that unlike many of the so called employees on here.....I was treated fairly and honestly by your EXECUTIVE RESOLUTIONS staf........

Did they warn you not to give them any confidential information, because it may be compromised? T-Mobile hack data is genuine • The Register and again last year ( this was for German customers... ) T-Mobile joins data breach elite • The Register

I don't work for Verizon Wireless, but I know people that do, and they are monitored by their supervisor and their supervisors supervisor ( associate directo ) often. If a rep was rude to you, there's a good chance someone heard it because it was definitely recorded. I bet executive relations can probably have a listen to the calls you were talking about where the rep was rude, and promote those reps to customers. Good luck with T-Mobile, be safe.
    07-02-09 07:46 PM
    As soon as they start typing in all caps, I know they are full of it, trying to convince someone with their shouting & are probably under the age of 16.

He is a troublemaker looking to make waves. His words make less sense with each post. He has indicated a story so fantaastic, it is blatantly unbelievable & indicative of a facetious spirit. He is now trying to cover his tracks by cyber-yelling & telling more long tales. Maybe we should just ignore this thread, let it die & he can wallow in his own fabrications.

07-02-09 08:53 PM
    however that being said I've also had occasion to read sarcasm laced posts by TWINS and Crackalakabery who identified himself as a VZW employee...
    PFFT, wow, would hate to be that guy! good thing im crackalackberry ok im done, letting the thread die
    07-02-09 08:59 PM
    I've never heard of anyone (except sprint employees) getting fired for something they did on private time on a personal forum.
    07-02-09 10:43 PM
    I've never heard of anyone (except sprint employees) getting fired for something they did on private time on a personal forum.
    Unless they were posting proprietary information.
    07-02-09 10:55 PM
    Exactly and if you do that you deserve to be fired.
    07-02-09 10:56 PM
    Twin, I'm curious..

Is LTE going to allow voice/data at the same time?
    07-02-09 10:58 PM
    Twin, I'm curious..

Is LTE going to allow voice/data at the same time?
    Yes - it is a DV technology.

07-02-09 11:43 PM
    Yes - it is a DV technology.

Awesomness.
    07-03-09 04:29 PM
    guys... we were letting this thread die..... LG just has a grudge against vzw and thats fine. let it be
    07-09-09 05:30 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD