07-09-09 06:30 AM
40 12
tools
    Ive decided to edit my original post.....and remove all others on VZW forum...

I will not be discourteous to other members on this site by "hijacking threads as my actions were pointed out to me......However I also will not entertain foolish comments made by cybernerds/forum bullies....who would rather choke out someones right to express their feelings.....

BE WARNED IF YOU CHOOSE TO EXPRESS YOURSELF IN THIS FORUM IN A WAY THE CERTAIN MODERATORS OR CERTAIN MEMBERS DO NOT LIKE.....NOT BREAKING ANY RULES BUT SIMPLY IN DISAGREEMENT...... YOUR PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE POST AND EXPRESSION WILL BE REMOVED/CHOKED/CENSORED....PS I REALLY ENJOYE HOW THE RULES/TOS ARE APPLIED ACCORDING TO FAVORITISM
    Last edited by larrygump; 07-17-09 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Express my feling about certain actions
    06-26-09 09:08 AM
    You will learn everyone is a vip. It means nothing.
    06-26-09 09:22 AM
    I do not think there is culture change at all. I think I might know of the of threads you are refering to and this is nothing more then testimonals of employees of true life interactions with customers.

I can tell you have had a rude CSR and if this call get reviewed and happens enough, then the CSR will be promoted to customer quickly (not negative). This means they would lose a lot of benefits not to mention their job. Also if the supervisor did not resolve the issue for you, then are people that will talk to you upon request (Chain of Command). Since this did not happen the path you took is correct and the CSR and sup should have provided this infomration to you.

Now keep in mind VZW does use outsource centers that are located in the US. I know they have some great people and I have heard horror stories. Also I am not saying that all VZW employed reps are angels either. You as well as I at this point, most likely do not know if your concern was handled by an outsource or internal center. Internally they can find out.

Also keep in mind that VZW reps get paid to handle concerns and provide stellar customer service. There are always times when a customer makes this very difficult at best. Just beacuse reps are paid for this, does not give a customer the RIGHT to abuse, cuss out, or otherwise belittle them (not saying this happened in your case).

In these forums you will hear all the bad things a rep did to a customer, without knowing all the facts. On the flip side, these forums give reps an outlet to post the other side of these conversations and issues that drive them.

as you check out this site or any other site, you will see that personal attacks happen everywhere, it is human nature.

Sorry to hear you have had expericence and this post (if it is coherent), helps.
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-26-09 at 09:46 AM.
    06-26-09 09:37 AM
    Yes, we can see by all your other post that you grudge against VZW at this time. At this time your statement is incorrect, not all VZW customers get VIP status.
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-26-09 at 01:20 PM.
    06-26-09 09:40 AM
    VZW employs the best CSR in the business, alot of the issues that you hear arent the norm and in fact vzw reps go out there way to assist. But the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and alot of the time the people that post are the ones that expect things that they will not get anywhere.. such as early upgrades, free equipment and the like. VZW is a business and strives to provide a product that warrants the price you pay vs cheaper carriers... if you have an issue with a CSR or feel your opinion isnt respected then by all means talk to a Supervisor and it will be addressed.
    06-26-09 10:49 AM
    Quite simply, we all need to realize that one of the biggest lies we've been told (besides man-made climate change & Elvis being alive) is that the customer is always right. The customer is NOT always right. In some cases, the customer is seldom right. And, in some instances, the customer is always wrong.

But the customer is still a customer. And in the case of most wireless carriers, you are just one of many millions of customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by naviwilliams; 06-26-09 at 01:17 PM. Reason: tone
    06-26-09 11:07 AM
    I encourage everyone to have their own opinions.

But, having said that, I'd like everyone to be nice to each other...

I'm only going to say it once...
    06-26-09 01:09 PM
    Even VZW employees deserve to share their opinions on CB.

Please don't stereotype an entire group based on the actions of a few.
    06-26-09 01:49 PM
    Not all customers are VIP. Your voice plan alone must be $79.99/mo or higher.
    A lot of people have much cheaper plans than this....including myself up until recently.
    06-26-09 03:12 PM
    the truth is when you get on a forum that has a million+ registered users you gotta understand that things get heated and everyone has a opinion. With that being said someone may not like someone elses opinion..

unfortunately it is also sometimes hard to portray text well and I have seen people turn back on the exact words because it wasn't exactly how they intended it to be.

Keep in mind that this site is just that a website..

most the people here do not receive a paycheck for posting here and helping people..

even the moderators offer there time free.

with that being said whether the person works for verizon/sprint/at&t

whatever this site is not affiliated with those company's (as far as I know)

these employees also have a right to there opinion..

obviously rude bashing is against forum rules..

but some people take things harsher then others also.
    06-26-09 05:28 PM
    I understand..... I decided to bail on VZW this afternoon after much thought and consideration....cancelling all 5 lines and 1 new line on a second account.....
    Although I agree that VZW reps should be able to freely voice their opinions I think they should do it politely instead of the anti-customer sentiment Ive read...oh well
    I guess Im just one of millions of there customers but they wont get my 330.00 every month anymore.

I WILL NOT be back but do encourage those with issues to use planetfeedback.com to contact there senior management as it DOES get results.

Take care VZW guys and gals and we wish you much luck and success
    Did I miss something? or did you leave VZW cause of what you read here? If thisis case, all I can say WOW! Although I will reserve further comment till I know the real reason.
    06-26-09 06:36 PM
    I understand..... I decided to bail on VZW this afternoon after much thought and consideration....cancelling all 5 lines and 1 new line on a second account.....
    Although I agree that VZW reps should be able to freely voice their opinions I think they should do it politely instead of the anti-customer sentiment Ive read...oh well
    I guess Im just one of millions of there customers but they wont get my 330.00 every month anymore.

I WILL NOT be back but do encourage those with issues to use planetfeedback.com to contact there senior management as it DOES get results.

Take care VZW guys and gals and we wish you much luck and success
    If you got results, why did you still disconnect?
    06-26-09 06:52 PM
    Wow, that planetfeedback site is even funnier than our dumb things customers say thread.

My favorite was the lady complaining that her appetizer sampler from Applebee's was mis-packaged and the Buffalo Tenders got mixed with the quesadillas. She's griping and I'm thinking of making Buffalo Quesadillas this weekend...
    06-26-09 07:08 PM
    Did I miss something? or did you leave VZW cause of what you read here? If thisis case, all I can say WOW! Although I will reserve further comment till I know the real reason.
    Sounds like an attention-getting ploy to me. Probably one line, three months past due & service disconnect order issued for today.

06-26-09 08:52 PM
    Sounds like an attention-getting ploy to me. Probably one line, three months past due & service disconnect order issued for today.

Either that or an angelalynn alias.

06-26-09 09:11 PM
    Quite simply, we all need to realize that one of the biggest lies we've been told is that the customer is always right. The customer is NOT always right. In some cases, the customer is seldom right. And, in some instances, the customer is always wrong.

But the customer is still a customer. And in the case of most wireless carriers, you are just one of many millions of customers.

Perfect. And sometimes the chain of command (mentioned earlier) does not need to be followed. Sometimes when a customer is told "No" then that IS the final anwer no matter how far up the chain you go.
    06-27-09 12:08 AM

Seems to me as a "VIP"? VZW customer of 3 years with 5 lines and perfect payment history that those on here who work for VZW would want to paint or portray a better example of the attitude held by VZW employees.
    Ahhhh, shall we bow to you?
    06-27-09 12:15 AM
    Judging by the original post, I can kinda imagine how it went. The guy demanded contact information for the CEO or whatnot, and was not able to get what he wanted when he found it himself. Probably found the guy's personal info or something and buzzed him at dinner...

The higher ups are not care reps. That's not their job, and frankly, they're there to make deals and business decisions affecting millions of customers, not to listen to some random guy threaten lawsuit over something or other. They probably do not interact with customers at all unless they're at gadget-conventions talking to geeks.

Sorry if this sounds harsh. I just had a call that was exactly that.
    06-27-09 01:45 AM
    One thing to remember is that if someone backlashes against someone for bashing VZW, that doesn't necessarily make them an employee. A lot of customers come here and defend VZW. I mean, of course reps are going to say that VZW is the best, but the point is that everyone is entitled to their opinions. If someone comes here and posts something bad about VZW, pretty much everyone here is either an employee or a Verizon user, so we try to help eachother out by asking more questions or figuring out what might have gone wrong and how we can help them fix it. More often than not, people here defend VZW because we genuinely enjoy the network and the customer service. So we defend VZW because we want others to be happy with the service too.

Now, if someone replies to someone with a complaint by basically just saying they're wrong for being unhappy, then they're not really achieving anything. But if you notice, most everyone asks for more info so we can find out how to help to make them happy again, or will at least share something that has worked for them personally in the past (or will just sympathize).

So, when you say it looks bad that VZW employees come here and badmouth other people for complaining about VZW, you might just be reading between the lines too much, or assuming it's an employee when it really might not be.

I do understand completely where you're coming from. Most of the complaint threads, however, are usually geared towards helping the OP find a solution. Yeah, some people will come in and say, "You're crazy... VZW is the best." That doesn't necessarily make them an employee. An employee will, again, normally try to help or get a better understanding of what's going on.

I do hope that in the future, if you do have an issue yourself, you aren't afraid to come out and ask or feel like you shouldn't make a complaint. By all means, that's what some of us are here for: to help you. And just because you get a diehard that tells you, "You're crazy... VZW is the best", that doesn't mean that sometime in that thread you won't get help. We've all trolled; we've all made meaningless posts; we've all de-railed a thread. But we're all here to help oneanother. And just because you left VZW, I do hope you get treated well in other forums.

Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 06-27-09 at 03:26 PM.
    06-27-09 03:21 PM
    Thanks for all the input.....5 lines ...Govt Employee Disc.....never late......

Was treated rude and couldnt get resolution at the call center level....

Exec Resolutions has addressed the issue however I'm just not willing to continue on with VZW....too expensive and I'm getting better CS and equipment ...

Anyway again thanks....
    Yes that is your right. If you feel like you have been treated wrong, then by all means take your business elsewhere. So far I have had good luck with Verizon. Love their coverage in rural areas.
    06-27-09 05:32 PM
    Yes that is your right. If you feel like you have been treated wrong, then by all means take your business elsewhere.

Yes, please do - there was never anything that could be accomplished on this issue here. It is obvious you had your mind made up before the time of your initial post.

If you had real problems with VZW, God help you, because other carriers will not be any better. Unrealistic expectations or failure to accept personal responsibility for actions will get you on the wrong side of happy on any carrier. And don't forget - this individual didn't claim to have had any issues with VZW - they had issues with posters on an Internet site!

Aw crud - maybe I should switch electric companies, because I was behind one of their employees in line the other night. He sure was dirty, like he just got off a hard day's work! How dare he soil the image of the electric company! I should change now! That'll show them! How childish.

A reminder to all - it you're having troubles with your carrier, I don't care if it is VZW, AT&T, Sprint or Joe's Handyman & Mobile Phones, your only corrective action is through that provider. It is not here.

We can tell you what is possible with your device & whether or not a service is available or possible with your carrier. We do not have access to your account & we are not privy to the whole story. Tips & tricks only is what we can provide.

To my knowledge, no carrier offers service or support through CrackBerry, Howard Forums, ARS, BGR or any other independent site. Call 611 and if they can't help you, oh well. All the whining in the world will not help you here, nor will you accomplish anything other than looking like a whimpering individual unable to deal with your own issues.

Come here, looking like a whimpering fool, you should expect to be treated rudely - it matters not what someone says they are - you deserve it for whining.

All please remember - the OP, as of this post, has 6 posts total. In my mind, the OP is an alias of another poster somewhere in this site. The OP probably also knows there are reps from all carriers who cross post in other carrier forums - some helpful, others troublemakers. Any reasonable soul would know this site does NOT verify who is who and anyone can say they are a rep for any particular company - it is all words.

Well now, the OP claims to be on T-Mobile, where they may have been all along. If they are on T-Mobile, you should feel sorry for them, as T-Mobile has no solid plans to migrate to 4G - they never got 3G rolling. So they are many years behind the other three of the big four - and even lightyears behind Alltel before Alltel was purchased.

There are internal rumors that DT may be planning an exit from the US market, which means the OP will be with VZW, ATT or Sprint anyway.

Dogs mentioned something I'd forgotten - there was a semi-troublemaker here who seldom added anything of value to any discussions. Said semi-troublemaker had posted a similar post, with a very similar complaint about posters here, just last week. That post, that whine, was closed by mods in under 24 hours. This probably upset the semi-troublemaker deeply - take your thoughts from there as to what might have happened afterward and to what might be the motive behind this thread.

So take it for what you will - but again, to the OP, please go. It is your right to do so. It is also our right to think you're full of it. In my opinion, your attempt at making others jump through hoops is fraudulent in motive and proves you know nothing about online forums or the service industry in general. You certainly know nothing about telecom providers.

I cannot believe how people don't see their own ignorance in turning their choice of carrier into some form of religion. I can think of many things better to worship than a cellular service provider.
    06-27-09 07:34 PM
    Dt? Is that tmobile

06-27-09 09:04 PM
    Dt? Is that tmobile
    Deutsche Telekom - yes, T-Mobile.

Remember, even I took the kids off a nearly free T-Mobile account due to coverage issues.

But that is neither here, nor there. I firmly believe the OP was a trumped up storyj a way to slap at people here.

06-27-09 09:22 PM
    Hey, I do not sign in all the time however I have been a VZW customer since they were GTE back in '89. They are a great company and I will never leave. They always make me happy.
    06-27-09 09:51 PM
    OK. I actually want to vent but I will not.
    Have a great weekend all.
    06-27-09 09:54 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD