11-17-08 02:50 AM
176 ... 5678
tools
    Try another theme to see if this helps, if it does it might be theme
    11-09-08 05:08 PM
    My only gripe is that the new bb maps app allows for gps location but I get stuck "searching for satellites". Otherwise seems much faster and I have noticed better battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    GPS is locked on VZW phones to VZ Navigator......
    11-09-08 05:09 PM
    for what it's worth I d/l'd .97 and it seems much better than .77.

With .77 I had a huge memory leak. Soft reset would bump memory up to 51 megs and within an hour of no use I was down to 47megs.

Currently running .97 and I am holding at 50 megs with moderate to heavy use. Does seem a little quicker as well. No delay when answering calls. apps snap open quicker. Browser SEEMS quicker. Overall I'm a lot happier with this release.
    11-09-08 06:33 PM
    Drop me an email on that version please!
    rbartone@verizon.net
    11-09-08 06:42 PM
    Its on berryreview. Can't post links to betas but do a search there.

11-09-08 06:59 PM
    do you have html email on a bis account on .77?????
    11-10-08 08:25 AM
    do you have html email on a bis account on .77?????
    Yup... html email works great on .77 for bis.
    11-10-08 08:28 AM
    Really? I haven't liked it - i have used BBSmart but wanted to give the native html a try so deleted bbsmart to give it a fair shot and I was disappointed.

BBSmart is way better or I'm not using it right??

MG

Yup... html email works great on .77 for bis.
    11-10-08 10:14 AM
    I just upgrade to 4.5. How do I activate the html for emails??
    11-10-08 05:42 PM
    Send your service books form the BIS website. REg now will not do it.
    11-10-08 05:50 PM
    I upgraded yesterday and it went extremely well. I was surprised I had no issues. The last OS update was to my Treo and it was a nightmare. Guess that is why I ditched it.

I have had no issues with the speakerphone yet, and so far I am liking DTG.
    11-11-08 01:53 PM
    Updated yesterday. Ran into an error while installing it, but I eventually got past that. (BB 8330 curve)

Media Player:
    Everything works fine, however, I noticed that when I play videos from my media card or from mobile youtube (btw the videos are so tiny I need a magnifying glass to see whats going on) I'll get random glitches. Today I got two glitches in relation to the media player. The first one was the unit suddenly restarted and the led was lit red (with the unit shut down) until I did a battery pull. The second one was while I was watching a video from youtube, the screen flickered on and off. When the screen came back 3/4 of the screen was completely black and the bottom 1/4 was showing fine. I was able to soft reset it and it was fine afterward.

GPS (puck):
    Now with GPS, I know the internal GPS seems "enabled" but it isn't really. However, when I tried to use my freedom GPS puck that was giving me the same issue as if I was trying to use the bugged internal GPS. (ie indefinitely searching for the signal) I live in NYC and I was able to get signals in most areas before the OS upgrade with the gps puck, and now in the areas where I would always get a signal I can't.

I called Verizon today and asked if there were reports of these bugs and if so if a fix was going to be released. Apparently, the rep told me (after she spoke to the tech), that there was no report of this happening with other customers and there was no fix in the making. I searched for this issue on other boards and know that others are having similar issues.
    11-12-08 02:56 PM
    i downloaded .77 ive got html email but no docs to go, can anybody help me with this?
    11-14-08 11:09 AM
    i downloaded when it came out on vzw site. now once and a while the standby wont work. after a soft reset it works fine for a few days. other then that seems faster and love html email.
    11-14-08 07:47 PM
    i downloaded .77 ive got html email but no docs to go, can anybody help me with this?
    You gota check it on the list of things you want to install. Ya gota read the screens when you install software...
    11-14-08 10:38 PM
    Love the Docs to Go app., but I have noticed that the memory leak problem I have always had is worse with 4.5.
    11-14-08 11:17 PM
    Has anyone else noticed theres no sound on brickbreaker? It's pissing me off... :-(
    11-15-08 01:45 AM
    Got the speakerphone bug. Does not happen all the time, and by the time I put the phone up to my ear it is back to normal.
    11-15-08 07:26 AM
    You may have messages that you have not opened
    11-16-08 08:11 PM
    Anyone having trouble getting the HTML view to work on their Pearl after downloading 4.5?
    11-16-08 08:22 PM
    I download it on Thursday.. The only problem I'm having is my pictures are not saving. It's saying File system full... please any help here
    11-16-08 08:59 PM
    My BB Curve seems slower with the new OS. Some programs hang up and take awhile to close before going to my home screen. I like the new features with the new OS, but not liking the performance.
    11-16-08 09:10 PM
    My BB Curve seems slower with the new OS. Some programs hang up and take awhile to close before going to my home screen. I like the new features with the new OS, but not liking the performance.
    Hey aaron grab the beta .97 on berryreview. I had same problems as well and this beta is MUCH better. I have not done a soft reset in a couple weeks with heavy use and I'm still hovering at 48 megs.

Hope this helps.

11-16-08 11:52 PM
    I download it on Thursday.. The only problem I'm having is my pictures are not saving. It's saying File system full... please any help here
    Your out of space/memory. Get yourself a memory card.

11-16-08 11:53 PM
    Love the Docs to Go app., but I have noticed that the memory leak problem I have always had is worse with 4.5.
    See my post to aaron above. Yes memeory leak in .77 is horrendous. Grab the .97 beta you'll be very happy you did.

Good luck.

11-16-08 11:56 PM
176 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD