11-17-08 02:50 AM
176 ... 45678
tools
    D/L 4.6 from blackberry.com I just did the upgrade using 4.6 very happy
    11-06-08 08:43 PM
    I didn't have the speakerphone issue when I was using 4.3 and I still don't have any problems. I do want to know if anyone noticed that there is a wireless download option now under advanced options. I don't remember that when I had 4.3. Does anyone know if that is new or I just overlooked it before? Also how can you tell if you have BES or BIS?
    11-06-08 09:10 PM
    Well the vzw website was just not working. And per the BB cust. Rep he says its the same software and that the BB website just is more user friendly.
    11-06-08 10:40 PM
    What do you mean?(4.6) Is this for the device software?

Also, Are you having the issue with 4.5 when you go to crackberry from your BB you cant edit or post comments from an existing comment left to a message I had posted? (<---did that make sense, I think I just confused myself?! LOL)
    11-06-08 10:43 PM
    Is the HTML email automatic once its installed? I installed it I think earlier tonight. It's bad when I can't remember the last 24 hours. Anyway, I checked a HTML email I had and it was still plain text. I need to look up all the new features of 4.5.

I do love the theme I put on my 8130 though. It's a Zen Storm looking theme for 4.5. Haven't had any issues yet.
    11-06-08 11:00 PM
    I'm pretty sure it only applies to NEW emails you receive.. Not ones currently in you inbox.. You may need to resend Service Book.. And it needs to be activated in Email Settings..

-Jake

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 11:04 PM
    Thanks. I think it's good now.
    11-06-08 11:14 PM
    can anyone post the platform # after the OS #? I have v4.5.0.77 (platform 3.2.0.51) which I downloaded a month prior from the BB website. I don't know if the official verizon verision has modifications to the beta I have... thanks
    11-07-08 07:33 AM
    can anyone post the platform # after the OS #? I have v4.5.0.77 (platform 3.2.0.51) which I downloaded a month prior from the BB website. I don't know if the official verizon verision has modifications to the beta I have... thanks
    I just updated directly from VZW. [4.5.0.77 (3.2.0.51)]

Everything is working good so far!

Dan
    319216BB
    11-07-08 07:39 PM
    i upgraded my curve and i love the software... i would recommend it to anyone
    11-08-08 08:53 AM
    I love it except I can't edit post I got that bug.

11-08-08 03:10 PM
    I have it to, forces us to become better typist on our Blackberry.
    11-08-08 03:31 PM
    There have been problems with this OS since the first day it became available online as a beta (which is exactly what you are all downloading). There are many verizon people on the board (not just customers). Spending 10 minutes reviewing all the problems with .77 prior to its "official" verizon release should have stopped them from signing off on it! How could all these bugs make it onto the OFFICIAL OS UPGRADE? The fact is, 4.3 is a much more stable OS. No memory leak, no F'd up WAP posting, full screen videos on bluepple.mobi, no media player shutting off my freakin' berry, moodio works in background, no speakerphone b***s***, brickbreaker didn't brick you, games didn't cause the phone to reboot, dude...

1- it has more memory.
    No, the preloaded junk is gone.

2 - The browser is better and quicker.
    No, you lost your preloaded junk so the phone has more memory free to make the browser faster. The only "better" feature in the browser is the google search from your "go to" page, and even this is f'd up: when you google search from this bar you cannot click on the first available returned search option. It just won't let you click on it sometimes.

3 - the media player is better.
    No, there is an equalizer, but it is weak, and only works when using headphones. The media player is really messed up. My songs have all wrong track times in the song list, they are all like two seconds or eight seconds. Then when playing, the track times are correct.

4 - it has HTML email.
    Yes, that sucks. You have to manually "get images" on each email, and only about half (if that) of the pictures load.

5 - it allows you to get better themes.
    Who cares.

6 - it makes docs to go available.
    Yes, but it takes up quite a bit of memory, and though useful, I can't justify it. Here's what I do: plug berry into the computer. Drag my files into the berry's memory card (my e drive). Unplug berry. Go to work, plug in berry, drag files from e drive to work computer. Done. The media card is a little hard drive.

I'm not hating (well kinda), I just want everyone to know what they are leaving and what they are receiving. Of course, if someone reads this and fixes it that would also be great.

11-08-08 06:15 PM
    My only gripe is that the new bb maps app allows for gps location but I get stuck "searching for satellites". Otherwise seems much faster and I have noticed better battery life.

11-08-08 06:23 PM
    i can now edit on wap with 4.5. Yay.

11-08-08 06:25 PM
    Did it just start working? What did you do?

11-08-08 06:35 PM
    It just started working. i didn't do anything; just assumed it was fixed by CB. It's not working for you still?

11-08-08 06:36 PM
    I can edit, but not all words typed are there

11-08-08 06:37 PM
    I have had issues getting the update off of the VZW website. I click on download now and nothing happens. Maybe that is a sign that I should stick with 4.3

I have not 1 issue with 4.3 and I already paid for a 3rd party app for html email, and I don't like how you have to open pictures so maybe I should just stick with 4.3

11-08-08 08:55 PM
    DL'ed last week...no complaints so far, biggie for me is not having to pull the battery after getting an MMS with sound. I'd get them at least four or five times a week, that was getting annoying.
    11-08-08 08:56 PM
    The html is pretty awesome (when it works) it's weird how the option is set to get all images but still half the email doesn't load the images until you manually go to "get images"

more importantly...has anybody noticed that none of the news apps work on the new 4.5??? Fox News app, ESPN, CNN, and USAToday apps all don't work anymore...instead of getting the blackberry logo while the browser is loading...now you get a black screen with a verizon logo and it keeps saying "waiting".
    I uninstalled and reinstalled all the apps after the upgrade and they all still dont work. don't know if i need to change my browser setting?

I agree the battery life seems better so far.

as for docs to go...I was so anxious about getting this on my phone because I love it on my palm but what's the point if you can't save the docs or spreadsheets that are attached to your emails so you can view them later. Anybody have a good use for docstogo yet?

also noticed the calendar theme actually works now! before this update the calendar would act all screwy and not update on the home page when you would make adjustments to your calendar.

speaking of calendar...this update duplicated all my bdays on my calendar and it's really annoyin to delete em all! also it lists each bday on two consecutive days and I have no idea why cuz the date listed for each appt is only 1 day (if that made any sense)
    it's funny that of all things that doesn't work it's crackberry.com while this site is responsible for all the blackberry hype! everytime i go to this site on my new and "improved" 4.5 it locks up the browser and i get an error message.

my last rant has nothin to do with 4.5 but does anybody have good success with "GOOGLE SYNC" I can't get it to sync my bb calendar to my google calendar for the life of me...everytime I sync it says "nothing changed"

EDIT: forgot to mention...has anybody noticed now it takes longer to get the emails pushed to the berry? I used to get my gmail messages instantly (not thru the gmail app) but thru regular email settings...not it takes much longer for the email to go thru!
    11-09-08 12:26 AM
    As far as the news apps: i have the CNN launcher and USA Today and both work as they did before the upgrade.

My push email is the same.

i like the html email so far; i haven't had a use for DTG yet. i do get excel attachments from work but i don't need to save or edit them.

My calendar is fine, too. Nothing duplicated.

Sorry you're having these issues! It's so strange how some phone have issues and bugs and other do not and all the variety!

11-09-08 04:17 AM
    I upgraded my VZW BB 8830 from 4.2 to 4.5.0.77 and here's my issues:

The Bad!

1. I still had to use BB smartview to read HTML
    2. Lost all my standard ring tones but it saved my 2 downloaded ones
    3. Phone does not ring and I can't get it to ring
    3. No speed difference on the internet

The Good
    5. I was able to get a radio program to work that didn't work with 4.2
    6. I do like the personal recording function.
    7. No need to buy an IPOD anymore
    8. No need to by a personal recording device

Would I recommend upgrading? Not really for everyone.

Ron Bartone
    11-09-08 05:42 AM
    Encountered my first issue yesterday. I made a call and put it speakerphone and then went to take it off and it wouldnt go off of speaker until i ended the call
    11-09-08 07:50 AM
    I downloaded and installed it today. It is causing me grief with my appointment calendar in the "today" theme. It is showing appointments way in the future, but won't show the one for today and will not let me delete the ones from yesterday.
    11-09-08 04:59 PM
176 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD