11-17-08 02:50 AM
176 ... 34567 ...
tools
    good grief, with all due respect, give it a rest - I appreciate the help, but I told you i installed the OS already....

It still sounds like you are just downloading the OS and not installing it on your pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 03:58 PM
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the crackberry forums and blackberries in general. I'm loving my verizon curve, but I was wondering how do I upgrade the software to 4.5? I think its currently set at 4.3 or something similar. This is a little off topic, but I was also wondering how do I download themes? I was able to download a blackberry bold theme from this website, but when I tried to set the theme, it didn't appear under my themes list. Instead I found it under the apps list. And I still couldn't set it as a theme. I would also like to say that the ringtone tutorial on this website was very informative. Lol ok I know this was a very long first post, but I appreciate all the help guys.
    11-05-08 04:01 PM
    good grief, with all due respect, give it a rest - I appreciate the help, but I told you i installed the OS already....
    No problem. I'll just not offer to help ya in the future.

11-05-08 04:06 PM
    like i said, no disrespect, but i had already told you i had done that, i kind of felt like you were treating me like a dunce..

Anyway, I got it fixed and its working through it now.

Thanks for your help.

No problem. I'll just not offer to help ya in the future.

11-05-08 04:14 PM
    Nothing bad to say about the upgrade at all.... i love the html email, its great having it
    11-05-08 07:56 PM
    Glad you like 4.5, I have had it for awhile, but when i first got HTML e-mail it was nice...
    11-05-08 07:59 PM
    i lost all ringtones after upgrade, can anyone tell me where to recover the ringtones.....
    11-06-08 12:48 AM
    I was wondering how do I upgrade the software to 4.5?
    Welcome to the forum. The following link will be helpful.

Proper Upgrade-Downgrade Procedures

I was able to download a blackberry bold theme from this website, but when I tried to set the theme, it didn't appear under my themes list. Instead I found it under the apps list.
    You downloaded a theme for OS 4.5 and you have OS 4.3.

11-06-08 01:16 AM
    i lost all ringtones after upgrade, can anyone tell me where to recover the ringtones.....
    Read the first post here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/fix...-0-77-a-65889/
    11-06-08 02:43 AM
    downloaded yesterday, seems to be fine. Can't find docs to go.
    11-06-08 06:18 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/so-...docs-go-90170/

11-06-08 08:28 AM
    Thanks so much. This worked.
    Awesome. Glad to help.
    11-06-08 08:55 AM
    Ok I have stumbled across alot of people asking this same question on this forum and on others, but no one ever seems to respond.

Does anyone else have a small black square in front of the timestamp in their text messages? And if so is there a reason for it/way to get rid of it?

I figured this was the place to post the issue since it could (potentially) be a bug.

If there is an answer for this already - my apologies - I did alot of searching/reading before positing this.
    11-06-08 10:34 AM
    i have it too and i believe it's just part of the upgrade. i'm not too fond of it either.

Not sure there is a way to get rid of it.i'm sure we'll come to love it! Ha

11-06-08 10:36 AM
    Ya.. I noticed it too.. I was trying to think of what, if anything was there before?!..

It is nice to have bullets.. But I would prefer round ones.. Or at least have the squares centered vertically..

-Jake

11-06-08 11:07 AM
    had too many issues with .77
    I was lagging, and also after a while of sending messages on BBM, BBM would lock up. Instead of seeing check marks when I sent a message I would see a blue circle. And people would go unavailable. I would do a batt pull, and it would work fine again, I also got numerous messages after I did a batt pull. People said they saw me as unavailable as well. I installed .97 yesterday morning, and my BB is running great now. No lagging and I noticed I have more free memory then I did with .77
    11-06-08 11:10 AM
    Noticed my first bug with 4.5.

Using AIM, i must hit refresh to receive new IMs.

i remember reading this on the forums before. i didn't have this issue with 4.3.

11-06-08 12:20 PM
    official VZW vs. Blackberry released 4.5.

Any noticable changes? improvements?

i have version 4.5.0.77.
    11-06-08 12:28 PM
    Ok so for the past few nights I have been trying to upgrade the software on my bb 8330 curve from verizon. I finally got somone from verizon on the line about 7pm and around 9pm we were still not able to upgrade the phone. Eventually the verizon rep said I can't help you... Ill have to transfer you to blackberry directly. Once one the phone with blackberry the rep said don't bother with verizon just go to the blackberry site and get the software download thru us. He assured me there is no differance between what verizon has and what blackberry has. So after I downloaded it thru them and got my blackberry files restored its been running smoothly.

11-06-08 12:41 PM
    AIM Bug.

Ok, i complained too quickly! i just signed out of AIM and then back on and it works perfect again now!

Also, i just realized that if i must edit or delete a post on here i can use Opera Mini! Duh.

11-06-08 12:57 PM
    Ok so for the past few nights I have been trying to upgrade the software on my bb 8330 curve from verizon. I finally got somone from verizon on the line about 7pm and around 9pm we were still not able to upgrade the phone. Eventually the verizon rep said I can't help you... Ill have to transfer you to blackberry directly. Once one the phone with blackberry the rep said don't bother with verizon just go to the blackberry site and get the software download thru us. He assured me there is no differance between what verizon has and what blackberry has. So after I downloaded it thru them and got my blackberry files restored its been running smoothly.

If there was no difference why would install smoothly from Blackberry, but not Verizon?
    11-06-08 01:40 PM
    Just realized i have the speakerphone bug.... not a big deal atm because i dont answer my phone when its on my ear anyways but still something i hope they fix
    11-06-08 02:36 PM
    Well I made the jump. 4.5.77. It went well and I am making adjustments. So far speaker phone is working. Will update later as I play.

11-06-08 07:48 PM
    Ok back again. I had to use wap3. The edit here does give me one of the post and that's it. Used wap 2 before

11-06-08 07:50 PM
    can someone help me with the updated V4.5. i already install the desktop manager v4.5. but im download and updater the phone. it say application loader wizad requires Blackberry Device Manager to be installed. so do someone have same problem like that. can help me fix it out. thanks
    11-06-08 08:34 PM
176 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD