11-17-08 03:50 AM
176 12345 ...
tools
    is this feature new or is it that i hadn't noticed?

while in standby when i had 4.3 pressing the keys did nothing, no lights, etc.

now with 4.5 pressing the keys lights up the screen and says, "In standby mode. Press Mute Key to blah blh."

i do NOT like this feature! i liked that when my phone was on standby and someone messed with the keys it did NOT instruct them on how to get into my phone! PLUS this saved my battery. now the screen lights up for a moment while displaying the messege! grrr

i do have a password set but sometimes at work i lay my phone down and the password hasn't kicked in yet.

i think i will have to shorten the password timeout. unless someone knows a different way...
    11-04-08 04:49 PM
    is everyone having to hit the menu key and then "get images" on each email? I resent service books from the device and pc....I have the options set to " download images automatically"
    where did you find that options? i have the option to download all images and one at a time but that's pretty much it.

i still love it though!
    11-04-08 05:14 PM
    Just did download 4.5 .77 about 2 hours ago and while the download took 50 minutes and the process another hour, all is now great. I loaded Docs to Go, added medical spelling to my Suretype and resent my service books to activate HTML. So far everything is working great. Media player seems a little better and my text msgs now have black sq dots to note each post. Speed seems fast and no freezes or challenges. Hope it all continues.
    11-04-08 05:21 PM
    is everyone having to hit the menu key and then "get images" on each email? I resent service books from the device and pc....I have the options set to " download images automatically"
    I have to "get images" on the first email from each address and then after I clear my browser cache. HTML is web-based so that is why after clearing cache.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 05:27 PM
    Does this fix the mms issue? The issue is whenever you recieve a mms with sound it causes you to not be able to hear out of earpiece?
    11-04-08 05:33 PM
    After the download I noticed the preloaded pics were gone too. All my ringtones and pics were still there though. I did notice 1 thing I have splash id and all the information I had on it is now all symbols. Also its saying that its a trial and I know I paid for it. (of course I no longer have the registration code) I resent the service books but the problem is still there. Does anyone know if I'm SOL?
    11-04-08 08:23 PM
    Feeling Jipped here. I started this thread, but with the issues here yesterday my 1st post eneded up thirs TTRAN got the credit. BOY I TELL YA! the thanks some get hhehehe

Now back to the feedback
    11-04-08 08:27 PM
    I keep all my registration code emails. I also keep a document that has all my codes on it. If you did not keep your email you might try notifying the company.

11-04-08 08:29 PM
    Yeah I was stupid but thanks for the suggestion I'm going to give it a try.
    11-04-08 08:31 PM
    Not being to edit or reply is a known issue. I think it must be a crackberry wap bug because you can reply on other sites.

11-04-08 09:20 PM
    Okay, so how many people don't have the speakerphone issue as of yet?

I have the file downloaded and ready to go but I'm hesitant because of that issue in particular. Also I thought I saw someone (in another thread) mention memory leakage...
    11-04-08 10:02 PM
    You can work around the not being able to reply problem. Just use the "post reply" box at the bottom of this page, manually type in "left bracket quote=username right bracket paste quote here leftbracket/quote right bracket" minus the quotation marks of course.

I still haven't found a workaround for the edit problem.

11-04-08 10:21 PM
    Editing here because I can't edit the above post, lol.

The word "bracket" above is of course the actual bracket found in the symbols menu.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 11-04-08 at 10:29 PM.
    11-04-08 10:26 PM
    well, I got it installed a few hours ago after work, and so far am loving it, seems faster, and I have over 48mb of free file memory with apps installed, so that is great. Got an email, seemed the same as before, so I resent my service books, and have to wait for another email to see if it helped. I am looking forward to getting some of the new themes that I couldn't use before.

Edit: Got an e-mail, works great now \/- I am on BIS, cant help with BES
    This may be a dumb question, but I am new to Blackberry.. I upgraded to Verizon 4.5, but I haven't been able to receive HTML emails (that is if, HTML emails means photos and formatting shows up in the email. Right now they are just all plain text). So I am wondering how I go about resending my "service books" to see if that might help my problem as well..

Thanks!
    11-04-08 10:38 PM
    I am wondering how I go about resending my "service books" to see if that might help my problem as well..

Thanks!
    Go into the "E-mail Settings" icon on your BB, log in, and find the button to resend service books.

Or, you can go to the e-mail settings website on your pc and do it.

<br>

Last edited by TravellingFool; 11-04-08 at 10:52 PM.
    11-04-08 10:46 PM
    Go into the "E-mail Settings" icon on your BB, log in, and find the button to resend service books.

Or, you can go to the e-mail settings website on your pc and do it.

<br>
    Ok, thanks.. that went through.. (i got an email saying it had been set up successfully).. But what does HTML email actually entail on a Blackberry?.. Like I just got an email saying that you had replied, but it is still all plain text, no links are clickable, etc.

Sorry again if these are very "juvenile" questions..

Thanks in advance!
    11-04-08 10:52 PM
    It is formatted as HTML. Links should be clickable if they are typed correctly. If they say, for instance, crackberry.com, they won't be clickable. If they start with www or http:// etc. , they will be clickable. You will be able to see embedded image placeholders, but for anti-spam and security reasons, to see the images, go into the menu and select "Get Images". Also, if the sender had colored text or different font formatting, you should be able to see that too.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 11-04-08 at 11:05 PM.
    11-04-08 11:00 PM
    Just a small little improvement that I noticed in 4.5 that others may not have noticed (yet).

In Call Log, if you have your contact stored with the phone number as such: (XXX) XXX-XXXX AND you have them set to speed dial, it shows the entire number now instead of cutting off the last couple of digits.
    11-04-08 11:10 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks to TravellingFool... I got it figured out and HTML is now working!!..

Thanks again!
    11-04-08 11:42 PM
    Feeling Jipped here. I started this thread, but with the issues here yesterday my 1st post eneded up thirs TTRAN got the credit. BOY I TELL YA! the thanks some get hhehehe

Now back to the feedback
    I was able to reply, edit my post, and quote from my bb using os 4.5.0.77
    None of my words were cut off. I've had no problems so far. Oh I used the above quote just as an example for the quotes.
    11-05-08 12:12 AM
    I was able to reply, edit my post, and quote from my bb using os 4.5.0.77None of my words were cut off. I've had no problems so far. Oh I used the above quote just as an example for the quotes.
    Just for kicks, are you using the Official VZW release, and if so, did you get it Friday night when it was up there for about an hour and then taken down, or did you get it this week?

I'm using Friday's version. If you are using this week's release, then maybe I should wipe and reinstall that one.

I know the version numbers show an identical release, and it should even be identical to the .77 that's been in beta for awhile, but maybe they tweaked it but kept the version number the same. Who knows.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 11-05-08 at 12:30 AM.
    11-05-08 12:28 AM
    [Quote=travellingfool]Okay, so how many people don't have the speakerphone issue as of yet? I have the file downloaded and ready to go but I'm hesitant because of that issue in particular. Also I thought I saw someone (in another thread) mention memory leakage...[Quote]

I haven't noticed this sice I upgraded.. I don't know that I would notice it though.. It usually takes me a minute from the time I answer to the time it is at my ear?!..

-Jake

11-05-08 12:30 AM
    Dude, that's not my quote, lol, and you forgot to close the quote tag with "/"

That quote is from Fourfaced.

But I'm glad you are trying the fix I posted, lol.

11-05-08 12:35 AM
    Just for kicks, are you using the Official VZW release, and if so, did you get it Friday night when it was up there for about an hour and then taken down, or did you get it this week?

I'm using Friday's version. If you are using this week's release, then maybe I should wipe and reinstall that one.

I know the version numbers show an identical release, and it should even be identical to the .77 that's been in beta for awhile, but maybe they tweaked it but kept the version number the same. Who knows.

No I'm actually using the beta version still. I did download verison's version to my pc but haven't taken the time to wipe my bb and swape the os's. But after reading the previous posts I might just keep the beta version.
    11-05-08 12:42 AM
    Just wanted to say thanks to TravellingFool... I got it figured out and HTML is now working!!..

Thanks again!
    You're welcome.

Lastraid, I hope we're not cluttering this up too badly. I know it's supposed to be a succinct list of feedback items for VZW's 4.5, and we've kind of turned it into a tech support thread. I guess it's all related though.

11-05-08 12:46 AM
176 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD