11-17-08 03:50 AM
176 1234 ...
tools
    ive had it since fri. and its got a bad memory leak. right now ive had it on for a while and its got 40mb of memory. 48 after a batt pull. so i dont know. i might be going to .97.
    11-04-08 02:31 AM
    ah damn I get the same thing when I reply to quotes toq ok this is weird I can't see anything I'm typing in this window uh oh let me see what this looks like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    this 4.5 is horrible. I blame Civic he should have warned us. now I cant post from my phone anymore because I cant see a damn thing im typing. Instead of automatically going to next line down everything disappears and if I keep typing it will still show up. Just great. I guess my reponses from my device will be very short i.e. yes,no, battery pull, not sure, this sux, try smthing difrent, visit bb

Im too damn lazy to downgrade ahh well might as well smoke a blunt. Oooh look at amber up there
    Last edited by Balloon Knot; 11-04-08 at 02:37 AM.
    11-04-08 02:33 AM
    Just encountered my first bug today. Made a call and my speaker phone kicked on for a second. Software was downloaded from Friday's night release that lasted a couple hours.
    I've had that bug for a while and I'm still on 4.3
    11-04-08 03:21 AM
    Did you need to register with the BES server after the upgrade?
    Yes, I had to.

I was able to reply to posts using the BlackBerry browser, didn't try editing them though.
    11-04-08 07:54 AM
    4.5 downloaded easily and quickly.

i didn't lose any info: custom ringtones, pics, 3rd party apps.

i don't have the speakerhpone issue (i didn't on 4.3 either).

have more memory: from about 32 to 40.

internet seems the same.

media player looks different but acts the same.

on Crackberry i cannot edit any longer i can reply, read, post a new thread.

Doc to Go is added (i don't know what that does yet).
    11-04-08 10:59 AM
    What is this Doc to go that ppl keep mentioning? I don't seem to have that and my emails aren't showing up right either...I'm getting little boxes w/ a cellphone in it where my pics are spps to be! Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

11-04-08 12:18 PM
    Amber in your email go to menu and get images. You have to "give it permission" so to say.

11-04-08 12:23 PM
    Amber-

did you check the box to install Docs to Go? it was unchecked by default.
    it added a Docs to Go icon on my screen.

there is also an update of it that i'm downloading right now.

i'm not sure what DTG does at the moment.
    11-04-08 12:25 PM
    It seems a soft reset did the trick for posting in here. Hard reset didn't work. Strange. At any rate posting is fine now but still cannot edit.

RIM is slammed not sure if its just coincidence.

11-04-08 12:26 PM
    Amber in your email go to menu and get images. You have to "give it permission" so to say.
    Ooooooooo ok thanks...yall know I have my moments every now and then...

11-04-08 12:26 PM
    Amber-

did you check the box to install Docs to Go? it was unchecked by default.
    it added a Docs to Go icon on my screen.

there is also an update of it that i'm downloading right now.

i'm not sure what DTG does at the moment.

Well That would explain it b/c I'm sure I didn't check anything that was unchecked!!

11-04-08 12:29 PM
    oh no! my MaraTick lists did get erased! anyone who has list may want to back them up. i had my grocery lists on there (100 items).

ok, is there any way i can get my lists back using DM?

thanks!
    11-04-08 12:49 PM
    I don't think I did either. Is there a way I can get the docs to go added?

11-04-08 12:50 PM
    Is there a way I can get the docs to go added?

Yes, you have to check the box for docs to go in DM.

11-04-08 01:10 PM
    Even though I have already downloaded 4.5? How do I get to where I need to check the box?

11-04-08 01:14 PM
    Even though I have already downloaded 4.5? How do I get to where I need to check the box?

Hmmm...would you go to where u go to add / remove applications on DM...(I'm not on the pc right now so I cant see if my theory is correct or not)

11-04-08 01:21 PM
    I'm sure this is answered somewhere, but do I pull my mini sd before I update the os?
    11-04-08 02:16 PM
    Yes I would.

11-04-08 02:17 PM
    I'm sure this is answered somewhere, but do I pull my mini sd before I update the os?
    I did not and had no problems.
    11-04-08 02:19 PM
    Thought so. It would make sense that if the card were left in it would be reformatted with the new os and it's contents would be lost, thus the comments of missing ring tones, images etc...
    11-04-08 02:20 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me how to go back and add Docs2Go? Not sure how I missed it in the update but it didn't download to my device and it's not one of the options in the App list on DM (v4.6)
    11-04-08 02:26 PM
    Yeah, i pulled out my media card and it worked great! Didn't lose any media! Nor did i lose any media that was stored on my device memory.

11-04-08 02:28 PM
    i got my first HTML email! Looks awesome! Yay. i had to use the pc to resend my service books via BIS. It didn't worked when i resent them from my phone.

i like 4.5 so far!

11-04-08 02:31 PM
    i got my first HTML email! Looks awesome! Yay. i had to use the pc to resend my service books via BIS. It didn't worked when i resent them from my phone.

i like 4.5 so far!

How do you resend service books via pc? I downloaded 4.5 & haven't lost any pics/ringtones/apps etc, but I still can't see html emails & my mms are still screwy.... I've tried resending the service books from my bb & verified that my email is set to 'get images'.... still nfg...

TIA
    11-04-08 02:59 PM
    you have to login into the BIS NA server site for Verizon. Its here BlackBerry Internet Service Bottom left, click where it says to send service books.
    11-04-08 03:06 PM
176 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD