Verizon Wireless Announces Online Music Downloads
    Yesterday, 2:10 PM by Eric M. Zeman

Today Verizon Wireless announced a new place for customers to download MP3 music files. Users can find music in the Verizon Wireless Media Store online, next to ringtones and ringback tones. Customers can download the songs, which will then be playable on any MP3-capable handset. Song prices will range from 69 cents for classics to 99 cents for standard tracks and $1.29 for popular hits and new releases. According to Verizon, more than 5 million tracks will be available, and they will be DRM-free. The songs will be available starting later today.

Source Phone Scoop

VZW Media Store
    04-03-09 09:06 AM
    Sixty nine cents for a song?

Are those the ones we used to see banned on radio stations?

Seriously, nice deal & good job running without the dreaded DRM.

Of course, I've digitized every album, every 45, every CD I own. I probably don't need anymore, especially considering the general trash being released these days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 10:50 AM
    Of course, I've digitized every album, every 45, every CD I own. I probably don't need anymore, especially considering the general trash being released these days.
    I agree. There has been alot of bad quality music released in the last 10 years. You forgot to mention if you copied over your cassettes and 8 tracks.
    04-03-09 08:39 PM
    I agree. There has been alot of bad quality music released in the last 10 years. You forgot to mention if you copied over your cassettes and 8 tracks.
    Not the 8-Tracks - never liked those. But some cassettes, yes indeed.

04-03-09 08:44 PM
    Haha just tried to click the link in op and can't load it from my bb because it is flash. Guess I'll have to check it out from my pc then IF I want to download a song, will I have to download to my pc then copy to my storm via usb?

Nah I think I'll stick with slacker.

It is a good price and hooray for no DRM. May be worth downloading the songs for listening on pc though.

04-03-09 08:55 PM
    YOu are correct- no VZW site can be reached by a BB device. Way to large and too much Flash. D/l to your PC and then put them on a SD card. Then you can listen to them on your BB as well
    04-03-09 08:57 PM
    YOu are correct- no VZW site can be reached by a BB device. Way to large and too much Flash. D/l to your PC and then put them on a SD card. Then you can listen to them on your BB as well
    It doesn't take a genius to design a mobile-friendly site.

Are the VZW Web designers mentally slow?

04-03-09 09:17 PM
    Wish I could answer that. Maybe they figure that with other options, such #pmt, #data, #min, etc. the features they would make on a mobile website, they do not need one? I would love a mobile website.
    04-03-09 09:31 PM
    Wish I could answer that. Maybe they figure that with other options, such #pmt, #data, #min, etc. the features they would make on a mobile website, they do not need one? I would love a mobile website.
    They should have one. After all, you can have a dumbphone & get many of the site features.

Then again, if they'd only do a wap version of the regular site, where folks could view phones & plans...

04-03-09 10:50 PM
    They should have one. After all, you can have a dumbphone & get many of the site features.

Then again, if they'd only do a wap version of the regular site, where folks could view phones & plans...

Agreed, we have all asked for this on the inside. Thats all we can do is ask.
    04-03-09 10:52 PM
    Come on, LR - we all know you're a bigshot over there. Take some initiative & make it happen!

04-04-09 12:00 AM
    OKay, I will ramp it up and BEG!
    04-04-09 08:14 AM
    Nice job VZW, this is a great move in the right direction.
    04-04-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD