Just got the new VZW NFL application today. Works pretty well and video is nice.

From your BB browser go to mobile.vzw.com/nfl

enjoy

Also can be had through the Android store. Release for the 3G phones has been delayed (sorry).
    04-12-10 03:46 PM
    I went and dl the app and when I tried to open it was given the message that its only available to verizon customers. Any idea as to why I get this message? Thanks
    04-12-10 04:35 PM
    Cause this is a VZW application. For VZW customers.
    04-12-10 04:53 PM
    Great point lastraid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 05:16 PM
    well then how about this link....I checked into that before trying it. I thought you could offer some help other than smart remarks but thanks anyway

berryscoop dot com /2010/04/nfl-mobile-app-released-by-verizon-wireless/
    04-12-10 05:23 PM
    it lists several smartfones that are compatable....I didnt realize it was simply for verizon across the board.
    04-12-10 05:26 PM
    Yep for vzw only. Btw you have not seen my really smart remarks yet. Like there is a reason it is in vzw forum, that your article says that vzw released the app. But sorry it will not work for your device

04-12-10 05:42 PM
    Is the look of the app pretty consistent between all the phones? I currently have a 9530 (which I'm trying to sell on Ebay, a Samsung Rogue, and a Tour that is in the mail (via Ebay as well). Is there any particular platform that it is more suited for? I *briefly* had the Droid as well, and thought it was an awesome phone, so I might be willing to try it on Droid. My love of the NFL definitely surpasses any sort of specific smartphone loyalty, I'm just thrilled that VZW has FINALLY gotten the licensing away from Sprint!
    04-12-10 06:03 PM
    I have not seen it work on the Droid or 3G phones. I run it curve and the app is designed for all three. On 3G phone if you only have the 9.99 data plan, you will need to watch your data use very closely
    04-12-10 06:19 PM
    I downloaded the app it it works nice and looks similar to the old Sprint app that we were able to use. Sucks that you guys can't access it like we used to access the old Sprint app.
    04-12-10 06:27 PM
    I have not seen it work on the Droid or 3G phones. I run it curve and the app is designed for all three. On 3G phone if you only have the 9.99 data plan, you will need to watch your data use very closely
    Yeah, I'm getting ready to jump back to a BB Tour. The Rogue is a pretty solid little phone, but beyond being decent for texting (with a good slide-out qwerty), I can't figure why I gave up my Droid or Storm. I LIKE apps, and I don't like paying for and metering out my Data usage, esp not for $9.99 a month. Plus, if people who complain about the BB browser had a day of VZ mobile web, they'd change their tune.

I'm very excited about putting the NFL app on my Tour. I know that watching streaming video on the Tour is going to be lousy, but I'm super-hyped for the streaming radio broadcasts. Any leaks as to the future pricing of the app?
    04-12-10 06:33 PM
    Cause this is a VZW application. For VZW customers.

in what way is that a smart remark? It seems totally legit to me.
    04-12-10 06:47 PM
    Yeah. Because my comment was going to be "Ummmm ..... duh! This is the Verizon forum section. AND the link posted was to a VERIZON website."

Now THAT would have been a smart remark.
    04-12-10 07:12 PM
    It's not overly touch friendly, BUT it does work on the Storm line.
    04-12-10 09:59 PM
    This app works incredibly well on my Moto Droid. Video loads fast and the news articles are up to date. Haven't dug into it yet to see if all the stuff works as well as the video and news stuff but this is an app I can see myself using a lot.

04-12-10 10:51 PM
    I keep getting "system unable to process your request, please try again later"

So I wait...
    Last edited by ByuBilly; 04-13-10 at 02:12 AM.
    04-13-10 01:34 AM
    Problem solved...either it was my browser ID or the websites issues (if even had any) were resolved!!

04-13-10 06:20 AM
    I couldn't download OTA from my BB 8130 and it isn't listed as one of the supported devices above. It kept giving a system error. So I went to Verizon and the NFL. Officially unstoppable. and entered in my phone number and it sent me a text message. In the text message was a link to http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=GBnCRRNq and that page, within the BB browser brought up (immediately) the download. It seemed to run fine on my BB 8130 though I didn't try the video. The app is slow and the UI awkward, but if folks want it, try the link in this post.
    04-13-10 10:51 AM
    Ok, let me pose a quick question. I have downloaded this multiple times but when opening the app I always get "available for Verizon phones only". I am a Verizon customer and use a Verizon phone. Only thing I can think of is the OS that I switched two a few months back. Can't remember the carrier but it wasn't Verizon. Is this my problem?

04-14-10 10:24 AM
    Ok, let me pose a quick question. I have downloaded this multiple times but when opening the app I always get "available for Verizon phones only". I am a Verizon customer and use a Verizon phone. Only thing I can think of is the OS that I switched two a few months back. Can't remember the carrier but it wasn't Verizon. Is this my problem?

I have a Non VZW OS on my phone and I do not get that.
    04-14-10 10:31 AM
    I have a storm 2 to and can get this app to down load for any thing HELP!
    04-14-10 12:50 PM
    "system unable to process your request, please try again later" all I'm getting
    04-14-10 12:51 PM
    "system unable to process your request, please try again later" all I'm getting
    Did you try my post above? I was getting the same error as you but the steps in my post worked for me.
    04-14-10 01:09 PM
    Turns out that my problem is that I spend most of my time on extended network. The download went just fine on EN but the app won't run unless I get back to a vzw home area. Go figure.......Oh well, at least I ruled out the OS being an issue.

04-14-10 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD