Since GPS is now unlocked(I have a Curve)can I just delete my VZW nav or do I have to call CS so I don't get charged for the app anymore?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 06:00 PM
    You will most likely have to call Customer Service since it's a featured add on. On my previous phone I was able to uninstall GetInNow apps and the change would be automatic. I don't think VZnav is setup that way.
    12-05-08 06:33 PM
    Yep, you'll have to call CS to get it removed.

Note that GPS is only unlocked for BB Maps, not Google Maps.

BB Maps is less functional as a turn by turn navigation than VZNav.
    12-05-08 06:37 PM
    NOt really. You can log into your my verizon account and remove it the feature yourself. Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless I did this last week.
    12-06-08 08:05 AM
    on other VZW phones, your able to add vz nav for a one day usage fee. On BBs u cant do this. Im wondering if thats changed at all...
    12-07-08 01:02 AM
    You can add and remove vznav. add yes you will be credited or prorated......
    12-07-08 09:53 PM
    u mean u have to call to activate and then call to cancel? Nah, they have to set up an easier way. With regular phones, theres an option before it downloads for u to just choose to use it for 1 day priced at $2.99. Makes sense when your in a situation where I might only use it once or twice a month. I guess u cant do that with BBs since their data phones... but I really wish u could
    12-07-08 10:17 PM
    No what I mean is you can add it on your account. but wither way they still prorate it. I downloaded it a while ago and kept it for a week. Then that month my billed came, and I got refunded 7.99 not 9.99

So I was only billed for times of use.

Then use my account to remove the app and all was good. No need to call them...
    12-08-08 07:12 AM
    u have to add it through customer service or is there another way to add it?

If its midnight and I need a last minute navigator, customer service will not be available
    12-08-08 07:19 AM
    my account online. As far as I know there is no way to set it up on the phone and have provisioning set...... Both need to be done on your end. Download the application. and also add it to your online account. liek I said before no need for a call.... just do it via the web
    12-08-08 07:23 AM
    thx.......
    12-08-08 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD