I keep getting text messages claiming to be VZW. And keeps telling me that I am a mobile recovery customer that I need to download this site to my phone. www.getmymr.com/download

Can anyone confirm that this is from VZW? Cause the vendor isn't VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 09:02 PM
    I think that may be from Asurion, but i'm not positive.
    01-30-11 09:04 PM
    Here's the text.

FREE MSG As a Total Equipment Coverage customer, you've got Mobile Recovery! Click getmymr.com/download Data charges may apply.

01-30-11 09:10 PM
    I think that may be from Asurion, but i'm not positive.
    Yes it is. If its from VZW. Wouldn't they just push the app to my phone instead of sending me a text message?

01-30-11 09:19 PM
    yep, that's asurion.....If you do have the total equipment coverage, it's a pretty good app. It can lock your phone if you lose it, it can find it on a map, sound an alarm even if it's silent....here's a link with more.....

https://www.mymobilerecovery.com/pub...zon/index.html
    01-30-11 09:20 PM
    Yes it is. If its from VZW. Wouldn't they just push the app to my phone instead of sending me a text message?

but it's not from VZW. It's from Asurion.....
    01-30-11 09:23 PM
    It's a neat app...I didn't know about it until someone else posted on the 9650 forum about finding his lost phone with it. If you're paying for the Total Equipment Coverage on your plan, the Mobile Recovery app is included at no additional charge, as a benefit of your insurance. It's legit, since Asurion is the insurance carrier for our Verizon phone plans.
    01-30-11 09:41 PM
    I had this on my 9650 but it stopped working. I deleted it, rebooted and tried reinstalling but it won't run. I get the following error when trying to open the app.

"Error starting MobileRecovery_9650: Class 'com.asurion.j2me.MobileRecovery PersistentHashTable' multiply defined".

Anyone have any ideas?
    10-14-11 11:23 AM
    Call Tech Support?
    10-15-11 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD