Anyone know when VZW is supposed to get LTE? How much faster is LTE than 3G?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 11:11 AM
    I am sure VZW will get LTE. At least from online documetation I have seen around. Not sure about the speed part though
    09-30-08 05:05 PM
    I've heard 2011 tossed around, but don't quote me on that. It's a big infrastructure change for this to happen.
    10-01-08 12:23 PM
    10-02-08 07:12 AM
    In another forum I heard 2010 at the earliest. Bad thing for LTE CDMA is that it isn't backwards compatible. Therefor it will not work on EVDO, 1x, etc... So this means the entire network will have to be switched. Sounds like a process to me....
    10-03-08 01:41 PM
    In another forum I heard 2010 at the earliest. Bad thing for LTE CDMA is that it isn't backwards compatible. Therefor it will not work on EVDO, 1x, etc... So this means the entire network will have to be switched. Sounds like a process to me....
    LTE is LTE... nothing to do with CDMA. Also, towers will simply have LTE radios on them along with CDMA radios on them. Both technologies will work side by side. Once the data gets to and from the tower, after that, it's transported via wire or fiber anyway so it no longer requires the radio technology (CDMA/LTE/GSM) to work. The packets of data change network topology at that point.
    10-03-08 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD