08-02-09 02:28 PM
60 123
tools
    If CB never existed verizon would have a lot less of a return rate for new phones as people wouldnt know what to nick-pick since they wouldnt be able to find them without reading on here.
    I think you'd have to get rid of all the other BlackBerry fan sites as well for VZW to see any decline in returns. I doubt that CB is the end all be all reason... ya know?
    08-01-09 03:59 PM
    Exactly. And this is NOT a good thing. There is a reason you have to go to med school for many many years.... If WebMD could do it, we wouldnt have to worry about healthcare...
    Same thing the lawyer sites. I am sure you ss that a lot!

Allen
    08-01-09 04:09 PM
    I think you'd have to get rid of all the other BlackBerry fan sites as well for VZW to see any decline in returns. I doubt that CB is the end all be all reason... ya know?
    i was referring to CB in my original post, but yeah it applies to all the bb forums. im actually surprised i havent invoked any "but i paid $200 for this! it should be perfect, damnit!" posts....
    Last edited by lachlancrawford; 08-01-09 at 04:24 PM.
    08-01-09 04:17 PM
    Same thing the lawyer sites. I am sure you ss that a lot!

Allen
    holy crap, dont even get me started on that. there are way to many people who try to tell the police "he/she is guilty of this and that and why they should be arrested". when you ask why, they say "they read it on the internet"". really? thats nice.
    08-01-09 04:22 PM
    LOL. I feel your pain
    08-01-09 04:26 PM
    I always call people out when they try to take advantage of the system and replace phone after phone after phone. My battery cover was loose so guess what? I fixed it with electrical tape.

These types of people are why bb's cost so much in the first place, ever think about that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The attitude you and others express is why the problems exist in the first place. Any smartphone is an expensive purchase. I expect that I get a top quality product when I spend my hard earned money. Screen ripples, trackball & battery cover issues are discussed repeatedly in this post specifically and also in the tour forum. While fixes are are mentioned on the forum I expect to get a flawless product.

Do you wonder why I have such high standards? Imagine it this way instead. You just purchased a new car. After you get in to drive home you notice ripples in the windshield (making it hard to see down the road), severe play in the steering wheel (making it hard to choose where you want to go) & the hood opens at random times (now you can't see the road). Would you ask the dealer to fix the problems or will you break out the electrical tape?

Would you call me out if I told the dealer that those problems should be fixed? Is it the customers responsibility to fix obvious quality control issues?

Who would I be taking advantage of?

If it isn't right I expect a new replacement, not a refurbished one.

Dan
    08-01-09 04:29 PM
    A lot of people are just posting what is WRONG with their Tours. I've seen like two threads about people liking their Tours.

08-01-09 04:37 PM
    You should change the title of your post. Not as if she speaks for all of VZW.

Yes, some people have good reasons to ask for another phone (like the trackball). But c'mon people, some of you need to grow the **** up. I work in law enforcement, so maybe i have a jaded view of inconsiderate people and lairs (i spend my whole damn life dealing with them), but cmon people, its just a phone....there are far worse things in life.
    You sound exactly like the kind of person who should not be a cop. Maybe you should get into a new line of work if you hate it so much. This kind of attitude is why so many people dislike and distrust the police. You need to grow the **** up. Plus take a spelling and grammar class.
    08-01-09 04:39 PM
    The attitude you and others express is why the problems exist in the first place. Any smartphone is an expensive purchase. I expect that I get a top quality product when I spend my hard earned money. Screen ripples, trackball & battery cover issues are discussed repeatedly in this post specifically and also in the tour forum. While fixes are are mentioned on the forum I expect to get a flawless product.

Do you wonder why I have such high standards? Imagine it this way instead. You just purchased a new car. After you get in to drive home you notice ripples in the windshield (making it hard to see down the road), severe play in the steering wheel (making it hard to choose where you want to go) & the hood opens at random times (now you can't see the road). Would you ask the dealer to fix the problems or will you break out the electrical tape?

Would you call me out if I told the dealer that those problems should be fixed? Is it the customers responsibility to fix obvious quality control issues?

Who would I be taking advantage of?

If it isn't right I expect a new replacement, not a refurbished one.

Dan

not a fair comparison.

if i spend $30,000 on a car, and i have those problems, **** yes im taking it back to the dealer.

but we are talking about a $200 phone. As far as the trackball goes, yes, thats a valid argument. i just replaced mine because of exactly that, and i've never held anything against those who complain about the trackball. its an problem with the tour, no doubt about it.

but the screen ripple and battery door? cmon now. the screen ripple is BARELY noticible, and i'd bet that most of the people complaining about it only notice it because others have. And the battery door is the same. My last one moved slightly, and so does my current one. BARELY. is it a problem? **** no. if i was rediculously anal about my phone, possibly, but it doesnt hinder the operation of the phone or the asthetics.

there are some things that are actually a problem, and other things that are just a waste of forum space when they are beat to death over and over again. its a $200 device that is mass produced by the tens of thousands, nothing is perfect.
    08-01-09 04:42 PM

You sound exactly like the kind of person who should not be a cop. Maybe you should get into a new line of work if you hate it so much. This kind of attitude is why so many people dislike and distrust the police. You need to grow the **** up. Plus take a spelling and grammar class.
    its a forum! i dont need to spell correctly or use correct grammar. i love my job, when did i say i didnt? i just said i may have a slightly jaded view of people. you see a different side to most people when you have a badge on.

thats all i have to say about that, this is a bb forum.
    Last edited by lachlancrawford; 08-01-09 at 04:50 PM. Reason: stay on topic!
    08-01-09 04:45 PM
    i like to think that the marority of the users on here are intelligent enough to know what i mean.
    08-01-09 04:58 PM
    I hope you write your incident reports better than you write on forums.

But I agree with the post, 100%!
    lairs, with dragons and maybe a PRINCESS
    08-01-09 05:00 PM
    not a fair comparison.

if i spend $30,000 on a car, and i have those problems, **** yes im taking it back to the dealer.

but we are talking about a $200 phone. As far as the trackball goes, yes, thats a valid argument. i just replaced mine because of exactly that, and i've never held anything against those who complain about the trackball. its an problem with the tour, no doubt about it.

but the screen ripple and battery door? cmon now. the screen ripple is BARELY noticible, and i'd bet that most of the people complaining about it only notice it because others have. And the battery door is the same. My last one moved slightly, and so does my current one. BARELY. is it a problem? **** no. if i was rediculously anal about my phone, possibly, but it doesnt hinder the operation of the phone or the asthetics.

there are some things that are actually a problem, and other things that are just a waste of forum space when they are beat to death over and over again. its a $200 device that is mass produced by the tens of thousands, nothing is perfect.
    Once again it is an attitude issue. You and many others seem to have a more relaxed attitude in regaurds to product performance and or quality issues. My issue is simple, I expect to get what is advertised. Screen ripples, trackball problems and poorly fit battery doors are not mentioned in RIM's or Verizon's product info. If Rim or Verizon said those issues are expected then I will take that into account when choosing a new phone.

I choose a new car as a comparison product to make a point. I thought that a higher priced product would make the point better. Apparently it didn't, so let's try this next example.

At your local fast food joint you ask for a burger combo w/ fries & diet soda. Unfortunately quality control is very poor at your local burger joint. You recieve a burger (w/ salmonila), (burnt) fries & a sugar sweetened soda (maybe you are a diabetic like I am).

Now it is a product w/ a price point under $10.00. Is a relaxed attitude toward quality control OK in this instance? Would you eat this meal or will you ask for a replacement. And are you taking advantage of the burger joint?

Price of a car, phone or combo meal isn't the point. The point is why do some people expect to spend hard earned money on what is not as it should be?

Dan
    08-01-09 05:17 PM
    lairs, with dragons and maybe a PRINCESS
    i lol'd.

08-01-09 05:25 PM

Amen! Plus, maybe $200 dollars to someone else IS a lot of money! Snook never said, "you hate your work" You said your "jaded" or: made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience. I think in this day and age, I find it funny a cop of all people is calling out people. Cops are some of the most crooked. You, are assuming people are stealing..... maybe they just want their **** to work. You my friend are the reason why people distrust officers! They were the ones who got beat up in school, and said wait I'll be a cop, so I can pick on people. Get over it! The grammar and spelling thing is important, so you don't sound like an ***. I hope you are not pretending to be a cop, when you are really some pissed off customer, who couldn't get their phone exchanged. You do know that is a crime! Paul Blartt mall cop does not count either. I'm going to do a little research and find out if you are a Constable on Patrol aka.. COP I will report back with my findings!!
    08-01-09 05:25 PM
    Once again it is an attitude issue. You and many others seem to have a more relaxed attitude in regaurds to product performance and or quality issues. My issue is simple, I expect to get what is advertised. Screen ripples, trackball problems and poorly fit battery doors are not mentioned in RIM's or Verizon's product info. If Rim or Verizon said those issues are expected then I will take that into account when choosing a new phone.

I choose a new car as a comparison product to make a point. I thought that a higher priced product would make the point better. Apparently it didn't, so let's try this next example.

At your local fast food joint you ask for a burger combo w/ fries & diet soda. Unfortunately quality control is very poor at your local burger joint. You recieve a burger (w/ salmonila), (burnt) fries & a sugar sweetened soda (maybe you are a diabetic like I am).

Now it is a product w/ a price point under $10.00. Is a relaxed attitude toward quality control OK in this instance? Would you eat this meal or will you ask for a replacement. And are you taking advantage of the burger joint?

Price of a car, phone or combo meal isn't the point. The point is why do some people expect to spend hard earned money on what is not as it should be?

Dan
    i get food sometimes that isnt so good, i dont ask for a replacement, i just let them know it wasnt all that good. if it has salmonella, then obviously im not going to eat it...

i dont ask for replacements with items i buy unless its clearly a defect that hinders the intended purpose of the device, or is going to cause the device to fail or become unsafe.

everyone is different. i was simply stating my observations of the activity in the forums, and the converstation i had with a VZW rep.
    08-01-09 05:30 PM
    Amen! Plus, maybe $200 dollars to someone else IS a lot of money! Snook never said, "you hate your work" You said your "jaded" or: made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience. I think in this day and age, I find it funny a cop of all people is calling out people. Cops are some of the most crooked. You, are assuming people are stealing..... maybe they just want their **** to work. You my friend are the reason why people distrust officers! They were the ones who got beat up in school, and said wait I'll be a cop, so I can pick on people. Get over it! The grammar and spelling thing is important, so you don't sound like an ***. I hope you are not pretending to be a cop, when you are really some pissed off customer, who couldn't get their phone exchanged. You do know that is a crime! Paul Blartt mall cop does not count either. I'm going to do a little research and find out if you are a Constable on Patrol aka.. COP I will report back with my findings!!
    lol. my phone got exchanged just fine. my vzw store is great. there are very few crooked cops.

you distrust officers, but then when your house is getting broken into, you complain they dont get there fast enough.

sigh.
    08-01-09 05:33 PM
    lol. my phone got exchanged just fine. my vzw store is great. there are very few crooked cops.

you distrust officers, but then when your house is getting broken into, you complain they dont get there fast enough.

sigh.
    Actually, I don't! I am retired combat veteran with MUCH firepower
    08-01-09 05:38 PM
    Yea i think everyone has the screen ripple. I think i can live with it for a little while. Until my trackball also stops working
    08-01-09 05:39 PM
    Actually, I don't! I am retired combat veteran with MUCH firepower
    i retract previous statement then. 99% of those who hate the cops still complain about them when they need help.
    08-01-09 05:42 PM
    Best post/thread I've read on here. The orig poster so has a great point.
    08-01-09 05:56 PM
    you hit the nail on the head

i'll admit, there are alot of smart people. but i never see them. they are all doing the right thing....
    Or they're doing the wrong thing, but they're smart enough not to get caught...

But that's me being jaded again...

PS - I think I've eaten that meal with the burnt fries and sugar sweetened soda. Perhaps about 2:30 in the morning when most others are sound asleep in their beds?
    Last edited by SConnick; 08-01-09 at 06:09 PM.
    08-01-09 06:06 PM
    i think everyone thts gettin on the op's case needs to chill out. you dont grill someone for their PERSONAL opinions. plus this is a bb site so when does being a crooked cop come into play? anyways i agree 100% with the op, most ppl try to exchange their phones when truth b told nothing is wrong with it. or they hear story's and they think mine does that or at least i think it does. if your screen ripples to the point tht you cant see anything than get it exchange but if your screen has a rippl in the corner andits so small that you have to hold it up to the light when the backlight is off to see DEAL WITH IT!!!!

p.s. i normally dont get like this, but i've worked for sprint and ppl will do anything to cheat the sytem and after seeing it for so long it just frustrates me
    08-01-09 06:59 PM
    Great post by the OP indeed. Truth is though, I would have thought I was going out of my mind if I didn't read about others having trackball issues like myself. I replaced mine today, no questions asked and Verizon took care of it. My new device is perfect save for some screen ripples and whatever. When the woman took my old Tour, I pointed out the loose battery door and crap trackball and she agreed with me that my old Tour was "basically a first off the line piece of ****."

I do get annoyed at some overly critical people on here, but I also think it's a great resource for those looking to find out more about their problems and evaluate whether or not the issue they are having is worth going through the hassle of an exchange. There are always going to be dicks that ruin it for everyone and as long as you can stand out from that and make your case without using "well, everyone else got their replaced" type statements, you'll be fine.
    08-01-09 11:33 PM
    Maybe RIM should step up their quality of product some and then we wouldn't have these problems. Honestly, first it was the Storm with physical issues, now it's the Tour. I really hope RIM gets their isht together with the S2 otherwise we'll keep making their lives ****.

This isn't a thread to come down on RIM this is a thread to point out the fact that people(most likely like you) complain about b.s. things not legitimate things. I 100% agree that way too many people are on here trying to get their phones replaced and that I too will admit I've said how to get a replacement, and as a tech deal with all these issues on a daily basis. I also agree that Crackberry is a double edged sword. Some good. Some bad. But you have to take anything thing you read on the internet with a grain of salt. And most people know that.
    08-02-09 12:16 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD