Can someone explain to me what the deal is with verizon's international data plan abroad. I am paying close to $70 for the data plan alone. Is this plan in fact unlimited in data usage while I am in Australia?

Thanks for any input on this question that has probably been answered a million times. I just haven't found any recent posts on the net.
    07-20-09 09:02 PM
    If you have the global data plan on your account then yes data is unlimited. THe wife added this when she went to Thailand and some other places in Asia. THere were no additional data charges and we used BBM for communicating.
    07-20-09 09:19 PM
    If you have the global data plan on your account then yes data is unlimited. THe wife added this when she went to Thailand and some other places in Asia. THere were no additional data charges and we used BBM for communicating.
    thanks just wanted to make sure i understood them right before using tetherberry.
    07-21-09 09:26 AM
    This is somewhat of a false statement. Using your bb outside of the U.S. is not always unlimited if you pay the $64.99. There are some countries where $64.99 only gets you lets say 250 mb of usage.

I am working on a Q & A Int'l plan like Weekendbum put together for the other data stuff.

Check Global Email for prices as I should have up the Q & A on global by weeks end
    Last edited by bs1two; 07-21-09 at 09:44 AM.
    07-21-09 09:40 AM
    thanks just wanted to make sure i understood them right before using tetherberry.
    If you use Tetherberry, your data is no longer unlimited & you can be subjecyed to some pretty nasty charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 09:51 AM
    This is somewhat of a false statement. Using your bb outside of the U.S. is not always unlimited if you pay the $64.99. There are some countries where $64.99 only gets you lets say 250 mb of usage.

I am working on a Q & A Int'l plan like Weekendbum put together for the other data stuff.

Check Global Email for prices as I should have up the Q & A on global by weeks end
    There are always exceptions. That is why one should check the VZW international site or call so all resources are brought to bare and questions properly answered.
    07-21-09 05:40 PM
    If you use Tetherberry, your data is no longer unlimited & you can be subjecyed to some pretty nasty charges.

You know, we haven't had a "I used tetherberry and VZW charged me $4,500.00" thread in a while...I'd like to see his international bill.
    07-21-09 08:36 PM
    i bought a prepaid dangle instead.
    07-21-09 09:22 PM
    I hate the exceptions.. damn lol..
    07-22-09 11:19 PM
    i bought a prepaid dangle instead.
    *phew* There's one problem solved.

Seriously, tethering internationally is about $20 a megabyte. Just don't do it, unless your bank account has a death wish.
    07-23-09 12:35 AM

Holy **** dad misspelled something

Last edited by chrisy520; 07-24-09 at 09:10 AM. Reason: language
    07-23-09 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD