A friend of mine went down to the local VZW store here in CT with a year old BB Storm. The storms green send button had stopped responding. My friend told the clerk about the problem and with out asking any questions and nothing more then a glance at the phone my friend was presented a brand new BB Storm. Not a big fan of the VZW Corp. but the staff here at my local store is good. Great job VZW
    01-04-10 01:12 AM
    If the phone is under warranty and/or you purchase the VZW extended warranty, then you can do a walk-in exchange. Other issues like accidental damage require you to file an insurance claim.
    01-05-10 06:42 PM
    Same thing happen with my gf and her storm ...she had problems with her 9530 and she went to the store to get it fixed and she walked out the store with a brand new 9530.
    01-05-10 06:44 PM
    A warranty is very different from insurance. Think of it in terms of your car...if something stops working on your car, your insurance doesn't cover it, but your warranty might. However, if you wreck your car, your warranty won't cover it, but that is what you buy insurance for. Same thing with a phone. Your friend returned the phone under warranty and Verizon honored the warranty. Glad it went smoothly for them.
    01-05-10 07:06 PM
    made small edit to title
    01-05-10 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD