Does anyone know what exactly the insurance covers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 04:02 PM
    VZW does. They have a link to this ripoff that takes you to tha Asurion site.

02-14-09 04:41 PM
    VZW offers a 1 year mfg warranty which covers software and hardware related issues. If after the first year you have one of the aforementioned problems, there will be a fifty dollar replacement fee for the device.
    Asurian is 4.99 or 5.99 (the extra dollar also extends the mfg warranty to 18 months) and covers you if the device is lost/stolen or if there is physical or water damage. You're allowed 2 claims in a 12 month period.
    I'd also like to know how it's a ripoff? Clarificationwould be grand.
    02-14-09 05:45 PM
    The "catch" is that, under the insurance outside the warranty period - you get a refurbished device.
    02-14-09 06:29 PM
    For Get Abouta It ! Its A Total Ripoff
    02-14-09 06:45 PM
    I have to say we used the insurance several times with my sons phone. First time we got caught in a down pour that drowned my sons phone. They covered that in the second year with new phone. Verizon even credited our account the deductible. 2nd time our youngest sons dog got ahold of the older brothers phone they replaced new. The dog phone....they had a problem they no longer had that phone....so they had to find similar....he phone had no external antenna so we told them we required that option and no we did not want a particular brand, they worked with us to fill the requirements. The times we have used the insurance have been anywhere in the contract and always replaced new....I guess maybe we have been lucky, but they (Verizon) has always taken good care of us.
    02-14-09 06:53 PM
    It's not a rip-off... just not for everyone. I have it on my daughters phone, because she manages to destroy one every year. It's better than the New Every Two deal for her!
    02-14-09 07:47 PM
    I rather be safe than sorry..... and besides.....$50 is better than retail price. Knock on wood I dont break my curve...eeeeek
    02-14-09 07:48 PM
    Oh, I get it. Getting a refurbished device (that works) is somehow worse than paying 300 dollars for one.
    I bet you're the first one to complain when you didn't add insurance and you're not eligible for an upgrade.
    Last edited by chalupacabra; 02-14-09 at 08:02 PM.
    02-14-09 07:57 PM
    Seems like there are several people who come on posting about how they've dropped their phone in the toilet, etc., who would could sure use this "ripoff."
    02-14-09 08:02 PM
    Its more than paid for itself on replacement fones for my daughter.

02-14-09 08:05 PM
    Couldn't agree more, CrimsonClad
    02-14-09 08:05 PM
    Not mention ran phone over with a car or left it on a bumper

02-14-09 08:17 PM
    Seems like there are several people who come on posting about how they've dropped their phone in the toilet, etc., who would could sure use this "ripoff."
    the question is... why are we still dropping phones in the toilet? Haven't we learned by now that phones and toilets don't go together very well?
    02-15-09 02:00 AM
    Good point Rican. Last time I checked, a BB does not look like a Baby Ruth
    02-15-09 08:17 AM
    Okay so if there are software or hardware after the year is up the insurance will cover it?

02-15-09 11:28 AM
    Insurance does not cover MFG problems, only lost, theft, and physical damage.
    02-15-09 11:43 AM
    Oh that seems odd. Well I guess if something happens to the hardware etc. And its after the year will just have to get it wet lol

02-15-09 11:50 AM
    If you have the 5.99 insurance, it does extend the MFG warr in the second year
    02-15-09 12:40 PM
    Oh that seems odd. Well I guess if something happens to the hardware etc. And its after the year will just have to get it wet lol

or you can always just tell them its out of warranty, and that there is a defect, they will replace it for the $50 fee.
    02-15-09 12:46 PM
    VZW offers a 1 year mfg warranty which covers software and hardware related issues. If after the first year you have one of the aforementioned problems, there will be a fifty dollar replacement fee for the device.
    Asurian is 4.99 or 5.99 (the extra dollar also extends the mfg warranty to 18 months) and covers you if the device is lost/stolen or if there is physical or water damage. You're allowed 2 claims in a 12 month period.
    I'd also like to know how it's a ripoff? Clarificationwould be grand.

02-15-09 01:30 PM

5.99 is a small price for the insurance against theft and water.
    02-15-09 01:37 PM
    I have to agree, Its not a rip off. My son have his phone damaged and I did have to pay a $50.00 Deductable, but they sent either a new or reconditioned phone which comes with a year warranty. Not bad if you carry a pda which may run $300.00 to $500.00 dollars brand new.
    02-15-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD