Well my Curve looks like it's been through WWII, so I'm wondering if anybody has any knowledge on Verizon Wireless' insurance policies. I just want to drop my BB Curve in the toilet (lol) to receive a brand new one, but does anyone know if I'll receive a new Curve on the spot? Or will I have to deal with a Razr or something for a week until they get my replacement?

Any help is appreciated
    01-16-09 09:53 AM
    Call the insurance co or go Welcome To Asurion's Online Claim Center. They pretty quick in getting you another device. Might be refub though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 10:25 AM
    From my experience VZW uses Asurion for their insurance program. All claims are made through them. As long as you are paying the monthly premium they will replace it for you with a $50 charge usually. There are some stipulations though. Certain types of damage aren't covered. You can check www (dot)phoneclaim (dot)com/verizon for information. They have a brochure you can download PDF with all the info.

Sorry can't post links yet.

Edit: Ooops. Someone beat me. Darn phone calls.
    01-16-09 10:29 AM
    I got my replacement in 72 hours when my curve went for a swim. I am 95% sure it was new and not. Referb, but I have got referbs prior from them.

I did my claim on line and it went off without any issues.

You will have to sent it back, unless you tell them it was stolen. Then I think you have to send them a copy of the police report or the report number.

01-16-09 02:23 PM
    Asurion charges $50 (up front) and will ship you a replacement of the same model, the model is a Certified Like New Replacement (refurb) unless it is a brand new model (ex. Storm) and do not have refurbs in inventory.

If your device is damaged, you will need to send in the damaged device. I believe you have a window of 10 business days to ship the damaged device in using the prepaid return label. If not, Asurion will charge VZW which VZW charges the retail cost of the replacement device on your bill.

If your device is lost/stolen, you are no longer required to file a police report. The ESN is simply blacklisted for eternity so the device simply has no street value. It's not blacklisted for 6 months...lately I've seen ESN's that have been off for 3+ years that customers try to re-activate but unable to do so cause they are blacklisted.

I'm not saying to give your device a swirly...but if there is real damage to the device, use the insurance. You are paying a monthly fee for it afterall. Just remember you get 2 claims per 12 month period.
    01-16-09 09:03 PM
    Also, you aren't provided with a replacement phone until your insurance phone arrives. If you need to have a phone while you are waiting, then you'd better hope you have an old one or can borrow one or something...
    01-16-09 10:15 PM
    Loaners are usally not provided.
    01-16-09 11:00 PM
    Well my Curve looks like it's been through WWII, so I'm wondering if anybody has any knowledge on Verizon Wireless' insurance policies. I just want to drop my BB Curve in the toilet (lol) to receive a brand new one, but does anyone know if I'll receive a new Curve on the spot? Or will I have to deal with a Razr or something for a week until they get my replacement?

Any help is appreciated
    Call the insurance co or go Welcome To Asurion's Online Claim Center. They pretty quick in getting you another device. Might be refub though.

Yeah they use Asurion and lemme tell ya, I had my curve about 5 weeks when it bit the dust. They sent me a replacement overnite. And the $50 fee was waived btw.
    01-16-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD