12-02-10 09:28 AM
58 123
tools
    No problem........

Just answered last question relating to can we call it 4G based on ITU standards....

Seemed to step back and say "It's the real deal and is a revolutionary step forward"
    mikeplus1 and remmy00 like this.
    12-01-10 11:45 AM
    Will this LTE technology every move to the phones? Or is what ever they are using now on their phones usually enough? Not talking about using the phone as a modem though, just the browsing and doing stuff on the actual device.
    12-01-10 01:40 PM
    Will this LTE technology every move to the phones? Or is what ever they are using now on their phones usually enough? Not talking about using the phone as a modem though, just the browsing and doing stuff on the actual device.
    Oh LTE will move to phones...it's only a matter of time. As the internet and sites evolve, so will the need for faster data connection. Even on 3G, I have found myself wishing for a WiFi connection or a faster 3G connection. Time is money...so waiting for stuff to load can be frustrating.

There are rumored LTE devices like the Tegra?

Other carriers are using 4G technology, just not LTE.
    12-01-10 04:24 PM
    Ok guys....getting tired of typing....gonna hop off and grab lunch.....

Thanks to PKC for letting me make these posts. And remember, I may have typed incorrectly......
    No problemo! You made it feel like we were part of the press conference.
    12-01-10 06:18 PM
    When is 5G gonna be available? LOL
    12-01-10 10:37 PM
    When is 5G gonna be available? LOL
    I doubt they're gonna call it that. LOL!!! Even with 4G, you see carriers move to their proper names, like HSPA+, WiMax, LTE. Haven't heard anything from AT&T.... oh wait, that's because they're lagging. LOL!!!
    12-02-10 02:53 AM
    Lol at the user above me..funny quote...anyways I wish they would have released one phone instead of two modems!
    12-02-10 08:07 AM
    I doubt they're gonna call it that. LOL!!! Even with 4G, you see carriers move to their proper names, like HSPA+, WiMax, LTE. Haven't heard anything from AT&T.... oh wait, that's because they're lagging. LOL!!!
    ATT is rolling out the same HSPA+ technology as TMO. Some time next year they'll move to LTE; they are unsure if they will actually market it as "4G."

Source: scroll to the very bottom of the article, read the last three parts T-Mobile, Sprint Sow Confusion Over '4G' - WSJ.com
    12-02-10 09:28 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD