01-20-10 09:52 AM
128 12345 ...
tools

ROFL
    11-09-09 07:52 PM

ROFL
    yup...me too...good catch
    11-09-09 07:57 PM
    I couldn't focus because it was so illiterate. Seriously, learn to type and use the preview button. Supposed to be a serious post, but i can't focus on your horrible typing! Hot is no substitute for literate.
    Dude, go eat another Twinkie and relax a bit..
    11-10-09 12:00 AM
    wow.

One carrier will work for someone and not someone else. It doesn't matter.

If you don't like the ETF don't sign your name. Is it really that hard? Does it really matter THAT much? Stop crying.

Go eat a twinkie? Wrongology? Bad grammar?

What are we, four?
    11-10-09 12:48 AM
    Besides, why even worry about the ETF? If the service doesn't work for you where you need it to, you have 30 days to opt out. If it doesn't work for you and you don't opt out, that's your fault.

Besides. You don't see the Canadians on Telus complaining, do you?
    11-10-09 12:54 AM
    Dude, go eat another Twinkie and relax a bit..
    Real original!!! I guess I should ask you how much HGH you juiced on today? Based solely on images right? If you're going to post on a serious subject that is going to affect a lot of people, make it serious. Bet you don't even care to know that I'm type 1 diabetic right?
    Last edited by lunchbox1982; 11-10-09 at 01:12 AM.
    11-10-09 01:04 AM
    Hot is no substitute for literate.
    Since when?
    11-10-09 01:49 AM
    BIG BIG OMG NEWS..................

I heard on the 5am Good morning news that Vzw will be doubling there termentation fees for all smart phone as of Nov15 2009 due to the release of the Dural phone. ' not sure the spelling on that'

This new smart phone from VZW has gotten much better reviews then the Iphone..

The termination fee will Be 350.00 dollars.. THIS WILL BE STARTING NOV15,2009

OK tha't my Q to get out of my ETF for free.............. I will be calling them at 6am .

I will update to let you know how that went.

Maybe there is a GOD I wanted out of my ETF and VZW did not have that in my contract.

Thanks
    Thats just ridiculous
    11-29-09 09:08 AM
    Well I think what it does it encourages customers, both current and future, to not buy smartphones from VZW. Customers are looking for the best bargains. I'm sure they are doing this because so many people have lost their incomes and have gotten out of these contracts due to financial issues. It's too bad that VZW has chosen to take this route.
    11-29-09 10:05 AM
    Actually no it doesn't. Every contract you sign should have an ETF involved for the provider is simply not protecting themselves.

If you don't ready your contracts prior to signing them and get blindsided, the only person you have to thank is you. If you sign it and they offered it, it is binding and changing anything in the contract is pretty much illegal in most cases when it comes to amounts involving funds changing hands. They can reserve the right to change some aspects of the contract like interest rates on a credit card as long as you are informed up front they can do so, but charging you more after a set fee is established, with no mention of adjustable rates, etc..., after you already agreed to the contractual obligations signed is grounds for a lawsuit. Some of you clearly do not get that.
    11-29-09 11:41 AM
    unhappy with the etf? thank your fellow consumers for taking advantage of VZW's promotions in an unethical way.

Getting a line, free phone and selling it for profit, while legal, is not right, and VZW is plugging that little leak. If you don't like it, it sucks to be you, because the only reason you would be affected by it is if you plan on breaching your contract or are trying to beat the system. Either way, you've got yourself to blame, not VZW.
    11-29-09 11:50 AM
    I could care less about ETF. I have never had an issue in close to 14 yrs. w/ Vzw. I think they should bump it up to $500!
    11-29-09 11:54 AM
    Well I think what it does it encourages customers, both current and future, to not buy smartphones from VZW. Customers are looking for the best bargains.
    It doesn't change the bargains, unless you decide to break the contract you agreed to.

If you're thinking about divorce, don't sign the pre-nup...
    11-29-09 12:24 PM
    ...and suddenly retail BlackBerrys feel much cheaper...

Just makes me a bit upset that people scream when they see the retail price for an unlocked BlackBerry, yet they are the very people who (let's be honest) are in the group that want to take advantage of everything possibly in unethical ways as well and have a problem with the ETF now, because they can't get around the barrier with an almost free BlackBerry.

Of course there is the honest group of people too and I believe many of you could belong into that group and here facing the ETF can feel bitter, but understand that a contract is binding and you should not agree to it if you want to terminate it early. I say respect Verizon Wireless' decision for they only want to protect their own business.
    11-29-09 01:27 PM

I heard on the 5am Good morning news that Vzw will be doubling there termentation fees for all smart phone as of Nov15 2009 due to the release of the Dural phone. ' not sure the spelling on that'
    Thanks
    Why are you so surprised. It's customer like you that drives companies to raise fees and cut services.

Read you own post for this thread. Read about how you and your friend cheated Verizon out of the contract.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ho...our-s2-334957/
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-29-09 at 04:00 PM.
    11-29-09 03:53 PM
    the new etf is a way for vzw to erk more people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 05:15 PM
    Inferior smartphones and now this absurd ETF. Might be time to make the switch to AT&T.
    11-30-09 01:02 AM
    I thought they did this because people were buying phones on contract, then canceling them and selling the phones. They did this to reduce the chance of early termination.

11-30-09 02:17 AM
    But Verizon is so great and their coverage is so wonderful and customer service is so amazing. Right?
    11-30-09 03:22 AM
    I think it's a bad move on VZW's part. I was this close || to making the switch to VZW for the S2, but after this EFT hike there's no way in the world I'll ever use VZW. I'm in no way an unethical person, and I've never tried to cheat my carrier. But the bottom line is that I have 3 cell phone lines all with BBs. If I switched to VZW and then had some type of family emergency (job loss, accident, you name it...), I would be looking at over a grand just to get out of my cellphone contract. That's completely ridiculous!

I think VZW is nuts for doing this. Anyone who wants multiple lines is going to REALLY have to want VZW before signing into a contract with those terms. Imagine someone wanting 5 lines... that would be just shy $2,000 to get out of his CELLPHONE contract! Multi-line plans are VZW's bread and butter. I think this is bad decision on their part. Maybe they thought the other carriers would follow along, but that's not happening. I think VZW might end up reconsidering this decision is a couple of quarters.
    11-30-09 06:30 PM
    It is those who cheat the system that ruin it for everybody.

11-30-09 06:41 PM
    ^^ agreed lol, but of well, looks like 1 year contracts from here on lol
    12-03-09 10:13 PM
    Why are you so surprised. It's customer like you that drives companies to raise fees and cut services.

Read you own post for this thread. Read about how you and your friend cheated Verizon out of the contract.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ho...our-s2-334957/
    That was an amazing post! rofl
    +1 for you
    12-03-09 10:36 PM
    FCC is now getting involved with this. They will probably make them cut this back down to the original ETF.
    12-05-09 10:21 AM
    That's freakin' awesome.
    12-05-09 11:51 AM
128 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD