01-20-10 08:52 AM
128 1234 ...
tools
    oh this is bull plain and simple im leaving vzw and i will get out of the etf because ppl have stated any changes in contracts is an out right?
    11-05-09 07:53 PM
    VZW lost its mind a long time ago, lol
    11-05-09 07:58 PM
    it's all the better for t-mobile, who will have the fastest HS data network very soon, and have no contract options, while vzw might be raising the prices, i see this more as a last stand action rather than a new trend, i'd take t-mobile over vzw (worst cell provider in the usa) any day of the week, i don't even care if i drop 50% of my calls vzw and att are both jokes...
    11-05-09 08:02 PM
    oh this is bull plain and simple im leaving vzw and i will get out of the etf because ppl have stated any changes in contracts is an out right?
    They aren't changing your contract. This only applies to contracts/upgrades as of 11/15.
    11-05-09 08:03 PM
    it's all the better for t-mobile, who will have the fastest HS data network very soon, and have no contract options, while vzw might be raising the prices, i see this more as a last stand action rather than a new trend, i'd take t-mobile over vzw (worst cell provider in the usa) any day of the week, i don't even care if i drop 50% of my calls vzw and att are both jokes...
    Didn't T-Mobile just have an 8-12 hour data/voice mixed global outages this week? Because a DC in Indiana, of all places, got overloaded. What happened to redundancy? It wouldn't appear that their network is terribly well engineered if a single point of failure could take out, at least large portions, of their network.

And didn't their contracted storage provider, Microsoft/Danger, lose all Sidekick data for, what, a week plus? Like last month?

I've been with VZW for many years and I've never had those kinds of issues. Spotty coverage in places, sure. BIS outages, sure, but that's RIM's issue and typically affects all carriers. VZW costs more, sure. But I'll gladly pay a little more each month for a little piece of mind.
    11-05-09 08:08 PM
    Didn't T-Mobile just have an 8-12 hour data/voice mixed global outages this week? Because a DC in Indiana, of all places, got overloaded. What happened to redundancy? It wouldn't appear that their network is terribly well engineered if a single point of failure could take out, at least large portions, of their network.

And didn't their contracted storage provider, Microsoft/Danger, lose all Sidekick data for, what, a week plus? Like last month?

I've been with VZW for many years and I've never had those kinds of issues. Spotty coverage in places, sure. BIS outages, sure, but that's RIM's issue and typically affects all carriers. VZW costs more, sure. But I'll gladly pay a little more each month for a little piece of mind.
    i wasn't aware you could purchase brains with vzw, i had them for years too, cdma is awful, sorry, i don't like anything about verizon, i was in 2 class action lawsuits during my stay with them, both of which they lost, they overcharged me every single month until i hired a lawyer, small claims court awarded me all of my money back as well as out of my contract. they rip you off unless you sue them, and they're fantastically more expensive than anyone else, they disable and cripple all of their phones... i just had enough, their service isn't better than att for SURE and i don't care about a microsoft sidekick outage, we're talking about blackberry here. and as far as the 8-12 hour outage, yeah thats pretty lame, sort of like the 10 day outage i experienced everytime i sent an 8330 back to vzw (4 times).
    11-05-09 08:13 PM
    Good Luck. Being a former Alltel customer who was forced to verizion I am so at them. I no longer have a signal at my home. I would estimate that 75% of my calls get dropped at least once. I used to have 4 to 5 bars of signal at my home. Now I have 1 to none. Called cust service. They said there are 3 towards within 5 miles of my home. Last Saturday I went to the store and find out that Alltel contracted to Sprint for some of their data services and verizion lost those contracts. Rep PROMISED I would have normal service by Monday. Well today is Thursday and I still have no signal. It will be worth it to pay the ETF and tell them where to put their phone. But they can charge me whatever they want. Can't make me pay it.
    Collections baby and a mark on your credit.
    11-06-09 12:54 AM
    My take on the raised fees. A lot of people that were getting a free phone by signing a new contract then selling that phone on eBay for a huge profit and only paying a 175 ETF (thus still making money on a 500 dollar ) will maybe now think twice before doing that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And that's is the point of the $350 etf being created.
    11-06-09 12:56 AM
    that high of an ETF fee doesn't sway people from doing that, it sways people from signing a contract at ALL.. verizon are f'n idiots, it's that simple :
    11-06-09 01:16 AM
    I got my Tour at $300 off retail, a retail price that was lower than TMOs 8900 retail at launch if I remember correctly. My ETF was 175 instead of TMO's 200. I could have turned a profit but didn't. Remember these flipped phones go on the market and compete with the other VZW retail units, so they were essentially feeding their own competition. I don't like the 10 off per month, if that turns out to be true because you still have a hefty ETF when there is only 1 month left in the contract.
    Whatever your discount is should be your ETF, including rebates, even if you are too lazy to turn in the receipt to claim it. The ETF should decrease by 1/12 or 1/24 each month the bill is paid. This would castrate the BOGO offers but would be the fairest way to do things.

11-06-09 02:12 AM
    that high of an ETF fee doesn't sway people from doing that, it sways people from signing a contract at ALL.. verizon are f'n idiots, it's that simple :
    So you're saying people will continue to get the phone, pay the $350 EFT and still cancel and pay the $350 ETF. Wow....unethical AND stupid.

Bottom line is if you don't like this, then you can thank all the scheming little ******* out there who look for (and find) ways to make money in a less than honest way. Perhaps if they concentrated their efforts on getting a REAL job instead, those of us who make an honest living wouldn't have to pay the price.
    11-06-09 05:00 AM
    $350 is nothing. I paid almost $500 for a ETF for Telus in Canada.
    11-09-09 10:33 AM
    11-09-09 10:46 AM
    Hopefully Sprint won't follow
    11-09-09 10:51 AM
    BIG BIG OMG NEWS..................

I heard on the 5am Good morning news that Vzw will be doubling there termentation fees for all smart phone as of Nov15 2009 due to the release of the Dural phone. ' not sure the spelling on that'

This new smart phone from VZW has gotten much better reviews then the Iphone..

The termination fee will Be 350.00 dollars.. THIS WILL BE STARTING NOV15,2009

OK tha't my Q to get out of my ETF for free.............. I will be calling them at 6am .

I will update to let you know how that went.

Maybe there is a GOD I wanted out of my ETF and VZW did not have that in my contract.

Thanks
    What's this you say about ETF fees? I can't seem to concentrate on a word you say because I keep looking at your avatar LOL.
    11-09-09 11:00 AM
    Hopefully Sprint won't follow
    sprint already made the announcement that it will not change its ETF fees.
    11-09-09 11:56 AM
    The service it self is better than any carrier to me. I don't care if they spike up the EFT to 1K, cause I'm planning on staying with them for a very long time. ATT was the worst svc I had anyway.

11-09-09 12:18 PM
    exactly! if katiepea is happy at ATT or T-Mobile go and be happy!
    11-09-09 01:01 PM
    my point was that as usual, verizon heads in an opposite direction of trend, for financial gain at the expense of a good customer experience. it's obvious that contracts will be a thing of the past in the not so distant future, and with smaller networks offering extreme upgrades soon, what will verizon have to offer except horrific customer service?
    11-09-09 01:04 PM
    I laugh because you think $350 is bad. I have to pay up to $450 ($30 per month left on contract up to 450 max) Telus customers have no limit, it's $x/month for the remaining months on your contract.
    11-09-09 05:45 PM
    Yep, Most contracts don't have an early buyout clause at a reduced amount. They are actually doing you a favor, even at $350. AT&T will let you suspend an acct as if it were lost for up to six months at $10 per month.

How bad do you need out?
    11-09-09 06:19 PM
    my point was that as usual, verizon heads in an opposite direction of trend, for financial gain at the expense of a good customer experience. it's obvious that contracts will be a thing of the past in the not so distant future, and with smaller networks offering extreme upgrades soon, what will verizon have to offer except horrific customer service?

Sounds like to me you are the same kind of whiney, sue on the first hint of trouble, person that is ruining this country! GROW UP!!! I have been with Verizon since the company changed names all those years ago! No Problems what so ever. I have friends on T-mobile who have zero bars everywhere in west texas, southern new mexico, and they pay as much as i do on verizon for way better coverage! Go spew your venom some place else!
    11-09-09 06:45 PM
    Sounds like to me you are the same kind of whiney, sue on the first hint of trouble, person that is ruining this country! GROW UP!!! I have been with Verizon since the company changed names all those years ago! No Problems what so ever. I have friends on T-mobile who have zero bars everywhere in west texas, southern new mexico, and they pay as much as i do on verizon for way better coverage! Go spew your venom some place else!
    no i sued them because they advertised obex bluetooth support then didn't deliver it, it's called false advertising and it's illegal, i don't think i'm required to 'grow up' to get something i paid for. i'm not on tmobile either.. go start a thread on wrongology if you want to be wrong about everything you say, the adults are speaking here...
    11-09-09 06:47 PM
    What's this you say about ETF fees? I can't seem to concentrate on a word you say because I keep looking at your avatar LOL.
    I couldn't focus because it was so illiterate. Seriously, learn to type and use the preview button. Supposed to be a serious post, but i can't focus on your horrible typing! Hot is no substitute for literate.
    Last edited by lunchbox1982; 11-09-09 at 06:56 PM.
    11-09-09 06:49 PM
    no i sued them because they advertised obex bluetooth support then didn't deliver it, it's called false advertising and it's illegal, i don't think i'm required to 'grow up' to get something i paid for. i'm not on tmobile either.. go start a thread on wrongology if you want to be wrong about everything you say, the adults are speaking here...
    Wrongology? yeah you are an adult for sure.
    11-09-09 06:50 PM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD