I just was just watching CSI and saw a verizon commercial about the "hub" and the son on the commercial had the Pearl flip. So any news on the release date???

P.S.- I still don't like verizon. The day they fix their data network and data roaming on extended network then maybe their service may be worth a damb. But until then it isn't worth the penny people pay for the service.
    04-06-09 10:55 PM
    I just was just watching CSI and saw a verizon commercial about the "hub" and the son on the commercial had the Pearl flip. So any news on the release date???

P.S.- I still don't like verizon. The day they fix their data network and data roaming on extended network then maybe their service may be worth a damb. But until then it isn't worth the penny people pay for the service.
    UH....you do realize the VZW has purchased Alltel, right? You also realize that a lot of the data roaming would have been on Alltel's network?
    04-06-09 11:15 PM
    UH....you do realize the VZW has purchased Alltel, right? You also realize that a lot of the data roaming would have been on Alltel's network?
    In fact, MOST of Alltel is and has been on VZW.

I just love people who make statements like that in the VZW forum. You'd think that if they wanted an honest answer, they'd either leave out the negative comments or they'd ask them in the Pearl forums.

Then there is the issue of "extended roaming" or "extended network." Are we talking about VZW phones roaming on other networks or other phones roaming on VZW networks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 11:54 PM
    K, not wanting to interrupt the network argument, but has anyone heard of any release dates for the phone??
    04-07-09 11:33 AM
    K, not wanting to interrupt the network argument, but has anyone heard of any release dates for the phone??

No official release date, I tend to think the "Niagara" will be released first.
    04-07-09 03:53 PM
    Verizon is JUNK. They have the cheapest and crappiest phones. Yet they expect people to pay more to use their "best" network. Sorry but verizons network is awful except in big cities.

04-07-09 05:19 PM
    Verizon is JUNK. They have the cheapest and crappiest phones. Yet they expect people to pay more to use their "best" network. Sorry but verizons network is awful except in big cities.

Yet you posted this from what I presume is your BlackBerry?

Maybe you can tell us how your comment makes any sense in the world of BlackBerry? What is the best Curve? Is it the AT&T/T-Mobile versions with less processor & memory than the CDMA versions? What of the difference in Pearl?

Maybe the Bold is your cup of tea, with its rickety construction that is so great, no other carrier wants it?

Then there are the comparitive coverage maps that prove it is the rural areas where VZW shines and others choke. Maybe you're unable to view those on the network you're currently using.

You sound like another drive-by dummy, ignorant to reality and without anything worthwhile to say.

04-07-09 06:25 PM
    I h ave even heard the flip pearl may have push to talk (PTT) as well. When this happens this will make 4 devices with VZW that will PTT. VZW PTT being used on the NETWORK, might even take more business from Sprint.
    04-07-09 07:00 PM
    I h ave even heard the flip pearl may have push to talk (PTT) as well. When this happens this will make 4 devices with VZW that will PTT. VZW PTT being used on the NETWORK, might even take more business from Sprint.
    Don't push that too much. PTT sucks on Nextel, but it is better there than anywhere else.

04-07-09 07:24 PM
    I agree, PTT is rude an obnoxious. Has it place for certain applications though.
    04-07-09 07:28 PM
    But on Nextel, while the coverage stinks, at least it is instant.

04-07-09 08:17 PM
    Have you tried the vzw ptt?

04-07-09 08:30 PM
    We had some around here. Press button & wait.

We went with radios instead for backup communications.
    04-07-09 08:51 PM
    how long ago wa this? at launch or just recently? appreacitate the feedback
    04-07-09 09:19 PM
    It was probably two or three years ago. I believe VZW is on year seven or so...

04-08-09 01:37 AM
    As long as you've got EVDO the new PTT is MUCH better.
    04-08-09 01:55 AM
    No one answered is the pearl flip coming to verizon?
    04-11-09 10:31 PM
    It is coming to vzw, no one can say when, for sure, but it was originally scheduled for late February.
    I would be surprised if it doesn't drop this month..
    04-11-09 11:37 PM
    We should be seeing the pearl flip within the next few months, before the Niagra is what I heard from a vzw data rep.
    04-13-09 11:25 AM
    I swear I will be SO HAPPY when that happens. I despise, despise... did I say DESPISE... sprint/nextel!! I have been forced to use their phones for about a decade now (whenever Nextel first came out) because I work in transportation and they got rid of the old push petal radio (CB) dispatch style and phased in Nextel. When Nextel got bought out by Sprint I thought to myself - Wow, they actually made it crappier - who knew that was even possible?

I don't use these anymore as a phone but I do as a dispatch radio from time to time when I am forced to - and I really, really despise it. Did I say despise yet?
    04-13-09 07:31 PM
    Hopefully thie Pearl flip comes soon to VZW....
    04-15-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD