07-14-10 01:51 PM
32 12
tools
    This ones a goodie...

So after 17 8330 replacements VZW gave me the option to get another device (certified pre owned).

Curve 2
    Storm 2
    Tour (Without a back,I would have to buy it and they would credit me)

What should I do ? I need to decide asap before the verizon rep calls me back.
    07-09-10 08:35 AM
    why do people always ask this? we don't use your phone. you need to ask yourself if you want a touchscreen phone or one with a keyboard. i'll tell you that you probably don't want the tour, because the trackball has issues, but if your choice in between the curve2 and storm2, thats for you to decide. im a touchscreen user and i love it.. so i would pick the storm2, but i dont know what you use your phone for, so the curve2 might be better suited for you.
    07-09-10 08:52 AM
    why do people always ask this? we don't use your phone. you need to ask yourself if you want a touchscreen phone or one with a keyboard. i'll tell you that you probably don't want the tour, because the trackball has issues, but if your choice in between the curve2 and storm2, thats for you to decide. im a touchscreen user and i love it.. so i would pick the storm2, but i dont know what you use your phone for, so the curve2 might be better suited for you.
    Im asking because ive never used eather device,ive played in the store with the storm 2 and it wa pretty cool.Every one I work with has tours and they work fine.
    07-09-10 09:08 AM
    Probably the Curve 2. Tour be a close second.
    07-09-10 09:09 AM
    This ones a goodie...

So after 17 8330 replacements VZW gave me the option to get another device (certified pre owned).

Curve 2
    Storm 2
    Tour (Without a back,I would have to buy it and they would credit me)

What should I do ? I need to decide asap before the verizon rep calls me back.
    *17* replacements? How is *17* possible?

Wow.

Get Storm if you want Touch Screen. Get Curve if you want qwerty but don't go overseas. Get Tour if you want qwerty and do.
    07-09-10 09:16 AM
    Anything besides the storm. Once you have a physical keyboard and you goto a device without one, you'll want to come back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 09:19 AM
    *17* replacements? How is *17* possible?

Wow.
    I know. Sounds like a bunch of user error.

07-09-10 09:36 AM
    I know. Sounds like a bunch of user error.

Nope they were all legit problems.Im probally going to go with the Storm to prepare me for future touch screen phones.I had a voyager but that was a joke.
    07-09-10 09:43 AM
    In your situation, I would recommend the Curve 2, given the choices. Imo, it has a flimsy feel to it but seems to be a reliable device...and has a trackpad (a plus).

I had issues with my Curve as well and VZW was kind enough to replace it with a Tour. They sent me a new in the box unit. The device worked fairly well but had OS issues (ran a leaked OS to get it to work well). When the opportunity to upgrade (for free) to a Bold arose I took advantage of it. My Bold fru works perfectly. Thanks VZW!

Not a fan of touch screen devices.

I would call them back and ask for the Bold. You have nothing to lose. Tell them you don't care for a touch screen. The Curve 2 has a flimsy feel to it and you want a reliable device, after all the Curve issues you've had. The Tour issues are well documented and the obvious solution is the Bold. Maybe you'll get lucky.
    07-09-10 09:47 AM
    In your situation, I would recommend the Curve 2, given the choices. Imo, it has a flimsy feel to it but seems to be a reliable device...and has a trackpad (a plus).

I had issues with my Curve as well and VZW was kind enough to replace it with a Tour. They sent me a new in the box unit. The device worked fairly well but had OS issues (ran a leaked OS to get it to work well). When the opportunity to upgrade (for free) to a Bold arose I took advantage of it. My Bold fru works perfectly. Thanks VZW!

Not a fan of touch screen devices.

I would call them back and ask for the Bold. You have nothing to lose. Tell them you don't care for a touch screen. The Curve 2 has a flimsy feel to it and you want a reliable device, after all the Curve issues you've had. The Tour issues are well documented and the obvious solution is the Bold. Maybe you'll get lucky.

That would be great if they did thatbut she keeps saying im getting a pre owned device.
    07-09-10 09:51 AM
    Well...I heard the Storm 2 isnt too Grand...and if you get the curve 2 you might as well get the tour, but the tour is just about discontinued, and with your luck, you'd end up with a warranty swapped bold anyway. So yeah, either shoot for the bold from the jump, or swap to the tour, then swap to (hopefully...well probably) the bold.

I thought I was bad. how'd you end up with 17 replacements?
    07-09-10 10:02 AM
    I'd go for the Storm2, it's a great device.
    07-09-10 10:02 AM
    That would be great if they did thatbut she keeps saying im getting a pre owned device.
    My Bold is a FRU (Field Replacement Unit). Supposedly pre-owned and refurbished. Shipped to me with the back cover and SIM card...nothing else except the return shipping label for my Tour. Works perfect.
    07-09-10 10:23 AM
    Nope they were all legit problems.Im probally going to go with the Storm to prepare me for future touch screen phones.I had a voyager but that was a joke.
    I think you are the joke.

07-09-10 03:35 PM
    from those three choices i would go with the tour. i have never had a problem with mine and i don't get how all these tour owners have so much hardware and software issues. mines perfect. all around solid device. and who knows, you might be able to warranty swap for a bold just like miss23ad said.
    07-09-10 03:57 PM
    I think you are the joke.

Thats great for you,but unlike you im posting a situation that I am tring to figure out.You on the other hand are just being a moron.So unless your saying something useful why dont you just not say anything
    07-09-10 05:59 PM
    Anything besides the storm. Once you have a physical keyboard and you goto a device without one, you'll want to come back.

Not True.
    I had a Treo 700W.
    I then had a Samsung i760.
    I don't miss a physical keyboard in the least.
    I went from the i760 -> Storm I -> Storm II
    Heavy email and text use.
    More email then text.

Real keyboards are overrated.
    07-09-10 06:05 PM
    I do not believe that 17 8330s failed due to a device problem. That phone was a beast.
    07-10-10 02:45 PM
    I do not believe that 17 8330s failed due to a device problem. That phone was a beast.
    Agreed. I wouldn't believe it if someone said 17 Storms.
    07-10-10 11:24 PM
    Wow 17 and they're offering u a refurb? They should offer u either a comparable replacement (new) or the option to upgrade to something better and let u pay the difference.

My mother and I both bought Curve 2's in FEB this year and by mid June had gone thru 3 each. They are flimsy and have a tendency to fry (in my experience). I previously had an 8330 and it was great. The Curve 2 is such a disappointment at least to me anyway as far as quality.

After going thru 6 between the two of us my mother is now using an Ally (comparable as far as pricing $49.99 after MIR if purch'd w/new 2yr after MIR). I myself am waiting on a DINC (should be here next wk if all goes as planned). I will be paying dif but that's because I personally chose a huge upgarde.

Now maybe its because we've been with the big red since 96 ish...and have 5 active lines. But if u rly have been thru 17 phones then seems to me they cld do a little better than offering u a refurb of some other model. But that's JM2C.

07-11-10 12:11 AM
    did they go over the warrenty period? cause 17 phones is alot lol. id go with the tour, i had a tour and got a bold now. but the tour was alright. the curve 2 has a crap screen and its cheaply made. the screen is less resolution than the other devices. good luck.
    07-11-10 03:12 AM
    Thats great for you,but unlike you im posting a situation that I am tring to figure out.You on the other hand are just being a moron.So unless your saying something useful why dont you just not say anything
    I wouldn't call someone else a moron when you claim to have the same phone replaced 17 times.

Ask for a Samsung Knack for a replacement, I think you would do much better with that.
    07-11-10 06:50 PM
    Don't pay attention to Wireless Vet, he likes to give his .02 when it isn't welcomed or appriciated.

07-11-10 10:08 PM
    I say go Storm or Tour. I love my Storm 2, its an amazing device. If you want to keep the keyboard, go for the tour. The Curve 2 is hideous and looks cheap. Plus with either the storm or tour, if you make a trip overseas (which you may, never say never), you're partially invested. Also, you can unlock them and use them on AT&T or T-Mobile if you decide to part ways with Verizon.
    07-11-10 10:11 PM
    I'd go for the Storm2, it's a great device.
    I agree. If you are wanting to try out a touchscreen, the S2 is awesome. I had a Pearl 8130 before my S2, and now I wouldn't go back to a physical keyboard phone for anything. I love the SurePress, and the phone as a whole has been great for me. I haven't had any problems with my S2 at all.
    07-12-10 09:52 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD