Hello!

I've been searching the internet for an answer to my Verizon account question, and have heard good things about the Crackberry community. Figured you guys might be able to help provide me with some answers!

Okay, so here's my situation. I am currently signed up on a Verizon Family Share plan along with 3 other users (so, 4 users total). As it stands currently, none of us are using any sort of Blackberry or other smartphone/PDA. In other words, we have no special data packages or anything.

I am looking to upgrade my current phone to a Blackberry (thinking the Curve, if anyone has input). I understand that Verizon does not sell the BBs without a data plan, but that is okay with me seeing as the reason why I plan to buy the phone is for internet and email usage.

There is another user on our same share plan that would also like to make use of a data plan on the account, but they do not plan on purchasing a Blackberry (just upgraded to an enV 2). Is the data plan for a non-BB the same as for a BB?

Now, I understand that unlimited (5gb... whatever) data plans for BBs are $30 ($29.99... something like that), but is this price for each individual phone in the plan, or is there a way to buy a data plan for the entire account that would help cut the cost back a bit?

Basically, I'm looking for a really simple rundown on how all of this works out-- and what would be the absolute cheapest way to get data plans for both of these phones on the current plan.

Thank you in advance! I hope I've provided you with enough here, but if there is any other information you'd like from me, please send a message and I would be more than happy to offer it up!

07-29-08 08:40 PM
    Vzw now offers an unlimited data plan for $29.99/month. You must have a separate data plan for each device; you cannot share.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 08:43 PM
    29.99 unlimited data for the berry $15.00 for the env2 (or any other non PDA/smartphone)
    Curently there isn't a family share plan for data other than the premium plan but that won't work with a blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 08:47 PM
    I'm on the unlimted one. I have had verizon for a couple of months. I use mine a lot.

Lindaga35
    07-29-08 09:12 PM
    Yes each device needs its own data as stated above.

As for the curve, you cannot go wrong.
    07-29-08 09:14 PM
    Go for it!!!

I've been on vzw for years, but only recently made the plunge...I'm surprised at how much i like/use my curve - and i expected to like/use it a lot.

(plus, as was explained to me - you have a 30 day guarantee - the CSR said if i wasn't satisfied, i could return it - I'm not sure on the details and i dont care, b/c I'm not parting with it now!
    07-29-08 11:10 PM
    Go for it!!!

I've been on vzw for years, but only recently made the plunge...I'm surprised at how much i like/use my curve - and i expected to like/use it a lot.

(plus, as was explained to me - you have a 30 day guarantee - the CSR said if i wasn't satisfied, i could return it - I'm not sure on the details and i dont care, b/c I'm not parting with it now!
    it means just that, 30 days to try it out. if you dont like it bring it back and we'll exchange it for a different device you might like or refund your money back.
    07-29-08 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD