If I get a family shair plan, do ALL lines commit to a 2 year contract? I'm about to make the plundge and forgot to ask this question from the rep I talked to yesterday.
    09-09-09 08:13 AM
    Only if new equipment is involved on each line.

If you have a line, with a phone you got six months ago, then get a new phone for a second family share line, only the new line is subject to the 2-year contract. The original line stays on its existing contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 08:26 AM
    Thanks. So, if I have an extra phone, and for a short period of time I can activate that phone by adding a line to my plan, and there is no contract in place for that extra line. I would just have to pay to activate it, and the 9.99 for the line.

Did I get that right?
    09-09-09 08:32 AM
    Thanks. So, if I have an extra phone, and for a short period of time I can activate that phone by adding a line to my plan, and there is no contract in place for that extra line. I would just have to pay to activate it, and the 9.99 for the line.

Did I get that right?
    Exactly - but don't just budget the $9.99, because the base Family Share plan is priced higher (with more minutes) than an individual plan.

09-09-09 08:37 AM
    Thanks TwinsX2Dad.

I understand the base plan costs. On top of that, I need to add my BB BES plan (Ouch!), $9.99 for each additional line, and what ever extra features I include.
    09-09-09 08:54 AM
    If I get a family shair
    Do people really type and/or spell this bad? This is the second best misspelling I've seen this week, the other being "calapse".
    09-09-09 02:09 PM
    I know i can't stand full posts that are like "my phn cant get on the verzion network what are the posible reasons? Its like they try to sound smart while mispelling
    09-09-09 02:12 PM
    I know i can't stand full posts that are like "my phn cant get on the verzion network what are the posible reasons? Its like they try to sound smart while mispelling

misspelling

09-09-09 05:01 PM
    Thanks TwinsX2Dad.

I understand the base plan costs. On top of that, I need to add my BB BES plan (Ouch!), $9.99 for each additional line, and what ever extra features I include.
    It can add up quickly, if you add things you don't need. I don't know how many people have asked me things about their phone service - I look at their bill & see things like 5000+Unl TXT $20. I ask them why & they say they don't want any overages - yet looking back at their bills, they never topped 250 texts. Or, more recently, the poor soul I know who got caught up with a lady in Florida - she was on AT&T, he is VZW. He went nuts when his bill hit him for 6800+ texts, of which he was charged for texts over the 5000 mark - he saw $20 unlimited mobile to mobile & assumed all texts were unlimited. He failed to notice VZW's top texting plan addon only provides 5000 out of network for that $20.

Knowing what you have & what is available pays off in the long run.

Do people really type and/or spell this bad? This is the second best misspelling I've seen this week, the other being "calapse".
    Yes they do - sometimes it is fatigue, a lack of time, or whatever. Don't forget that a sizable portion of Americans still think New Mexico is not part of the US, can't tell you where Guam is, nor can they name the Vice President or the US.

English is not one of the easier languages to learn - ask any legal immigrant. While Spanish has set rules for pronunciation emphasis, Arabic has definitive tense & French flows nicely, even poor Einstein got our most standard rule of I before E wrong. Twice.

Why do laugh, half & quaff all rhyme? Why do bough & bow sound alike, yet bow & beau sometimes do, too? Forget about explaining Then we have there, they're & their.

Twenty-one reasons why English is hard to learn

1. The bandage was wound around the wound.

2. The farm was used to produce produce.

3. The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.

4. We must polish the Polish furniture.

5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

7. Since there was no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.

8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10. I did not object to the object.

11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12. There was a row among the oarsmen on how to row.

13. They were too close to the door to close it.

14. The buck does funny things when does are present.

15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.

19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

20. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Encourage, suggest & assist. Don't chastise.

09-09-09 06:25 PM
    Excellent post! I force myself to not correct others spelling and grammer. We have to remember it's the WORLD wide web. Not everyone has English as a first language.

09-10-09 06:33 AM
    Its usually people who have English as a first language who have the worst spelling.

09-10-09 06:54 AM
    misspelling

Seeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
    09-10-09 07:09 AM
    Sometimes it is ignorance. Sometimes it is carelessness. Sometimes people don't care. Sometimes it is simple error. Sometimes it can be blamed on fat fingers. Sometimes it is deliberate. Sometimes it is even BlackBerry.

Try typing User ID on a BlackBerry & what appears? User I'd.

I am probably the most critical when it comes to spelling & grammar, but I try my hardest to not chastise people for it, except when it is obviously deliberate, like when you get a bunch of kidiots on Twitter. "That kewl boi iz so hawt!" almost makes "yo dude," "neato," "gnarly" & "peachy keen" palatable.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

09-10-09 08:28 AM
    I visit a local community forum where you are not allowed to post just to remark on spelling errors

My BB tried to use past instead of post but I fixed for the grammar police

09-10-09 08:31 AM
    I visit a local community forum where you are not allowed to post just to remark on spelling errors

Good for your local community forum.
    09-10-09 08:33 AM

Welcome to a global community forum where anything goes!
    09-10-09 09:22 AM
    Sorry I made a simple spelling mistake. Would you like me to go review all of your posts and remark on all spelling and grammar mistakes? Give a guy a break. My mind must have been some place else while I was typing.

And to answer your question, apparently people do really type and/or spell this bad, just look at my post!
    Last edited by p08757; 09-10-09 at 10:41 AM.
    09-10-09 10:22 AM
    typa
    See what he did there?
    09-10-09 10:26 AM
    You people are krazy!

09-10-09 11:05 AM
    Sorry I made a simple spelling mistake. Would you like me to go review all of your posts and remark on all spelling and grammar mistakes? Give a guy a break. My mind must have been some place else while I was typing.

And to answer your question, apparently people do really type and/or spell this bad, just look at my post!
    Thank you for confirming.
    09-10-09 11:27 AM
    Maybe this post should be moved to the Grammar Subforum...
    Oh wait, we don't have such a subforum.
    09-10-09 12:36 PM
    Good idea for a new forum!
    09-10-09 12:38 PM
    Sorry I made a simple spelling mistake. Would you like me to go review all of your posts and remark on all spelling and grammar mistakes?
    That could be scary.

Telco people should never critique spelling/grammar. Through years in the Bell System, I can tell you account notations & email could be very cryptic.

CUS CLD FRM 2065551212 & WNTD 2 KNW ABT ORD ROW1A 4 MTHR ACCT 4 CLS 2 044. ADV 2 HV MTHR CL 288 2 ORD PLN WHN RDY 4 IT. WNT OVR DTLS & PRC OPTS THN CVRD OPTS 4 HIS TN2065551234 AS NTD ON THT ACCT

Life with the likes of RCAM/BCAM/BOSS, etc. was unforgettable. And like leaving out periods/apostrophes on your home PC after BlackBerry messes you up, it is still difficult to shake that notation & communication habit

I still type like I was on a Smith-Corona manual typewriter. WHERE IS THAT ?!:#*@ CARRIAGE RETURN LEVER? Meanwhile, the keyboard is on the floor, with assorted fractured keys from me hitting them too hard - and I still can whip out 200WPM. New keyboard about every 90 days for me.

Maybe this post should be moved to the Grammar Subforum...
    Oh wait, we don't have such a subforum.
    Nah - 3/4ths of the posts here would be moved into that forum.

09-10-09 04:14 PM
    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
    ::Lady Khrystal lobs a stone at Twins.::

*whistles innocently* _

Just kidding, Twins. Just kidding. Everyone knows I'm not without sin. >: )
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 09-11-09 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Stupid auto-smilies.
    09-11-09 01:36 PM
    ::Lady Khrystal lobs a stone at Twins.::
    OWWWWWW!

Stone, dear - not boulder!

09-11-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD