i sold my curve on ebay (249.99 if you were wondering) and i am shipping it on monday. the buyer was really cool and he is sending me a old phone he has so it can tide me over until the launch of the storm. now, when i deactivate my blackberry and activate the phone he sends, what happens?

as in, what happens to my blackberry plan? am i going to have to reactivate the blackberry plan on friday when i get my storm? ahhhhh.
    11-14-08 03:21 AM
    Yes, you'll have to apply the "in the meantime" phone to a regular plan...then switch back to a BB plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 03:39 AM
    *228 the old phone, press option 3 and it'll let u program it w/o the plan switch... And w/o having to call in or go to store

11-14-08 03:53 AM
    You didn't want to wait a few days to sell the Curve? What if you go for the Storm and they're out?
    11-14-08 03:56 AM
    *228 the old phone, press option 3 and it'll let u program it w/o the plan switch... And w/o having to call in or go to store

That won't work. If he is on a specific Blackberry plan ( ie Blackberry Nationwide Email plan ), and the phone he gets is not a Blackberry, the programming will fail and advise him to call customer service. The same thing will happen with a phone that was reported lost or stolen, it will fail.
    11-14-08 10:06 PM
    Also be aware that removing your bb data plan and going to a standard voice plan is gonna cause your bill to look whacky...

you'll be credited back for the unused portion of your data plan and the advance month when u remove it....and then when you add it back on you will be pro-rated to the end of the bill cycle and advanced billed...

...and that's just if you had the add-on bb pkg....if it's a bundled plan then you'll have to change calling plans temporarily and then change back when you get the storm so your bill may be very hard to make sense of....

be warned...
    11-14-08 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD