I haven't been on in a couple of days but after just catching up on the forum..seems almost every other post is asking about the Bold/Niagara and Curve/Javelin.

Us as employees get maybe a week's notice before a phone is launched. Just because the manufacturer says to be releasing it for a company doesn't mean launch is imminent. The phone must be produced, must have working software, and must function properly on our network. Plus VZW might want to add 4G LTE software and compatibility on it which would really throw a wrench in RIM's plans.

What I'm basically advising is this. If you're eligible for your NE2 upgrade now or next month, then get the Storm or take advantage of the Curve for $79.99 or Pearl for $19.99 online or at any VZW Store. These are all great phones.

*RUMORS* have it that a new BB will be released in 2nd quarter 09...we are in in the 1st month of the 1st quarter. How many times does any major electronics get a release date and then gets pushed back...and back...and back.

There is a good possibility that we might not see any new BB til the holiday season. Just know that if you upgrade NOW, you can upgrade again in 12 months, not with NE2 but we won't stop you from upgrading at 1 year contract price. Or you can take advantage of Blackberry's trade-up program.

Sorry for the rant but I just hope this clears the air a little.
    01-22-09 07:28 PM
    I haven't been on in a couple of days but after just catching up on the forum..seems almost every other post is asking about the Bold/Niagara and Curve/Javelin.

Us as employees get maybe a week's notice before a phone is launched. Just because the manufacturer says to be releasing it for a company doesn't mean launch is imminent. The phone must be produced, must have working software, and must function properly on our network. Plus VZW might want to add 4G LTE software and compatibility on it which would really throw a wrench in RIM's plans.

What I'm basically advising is this. If you're eligible for your NE2 upgrade now or next month, then get the Storm or take advantage of the Curve for $79.99 or Pearl for $19.99 online or at any VZW Store. These are all great phones.

*RUMORS* have it that a new BB will be released in 2nd quarter 09...we are in in the 1st month of the 1st quarter. How many times does any major electronics get a release date and then gets pushed back...and back...and back.

There is a good possibility that we might not see any new BB til the holiday season. Just know that if you upgrade NOW, you can upgrade again in 12 months, not with NE2 but we won't stop you from upgrading at 1 year contract price. Or you can take advantage of Blackberry's trade-up program.

But we have heard from Verizon and RIM device testers that the Niagara should be coming out this May or possibly earlier. I am kinda of confused by your post. What is the point?
    01-22-09 08:43 PM
    The point is that no matter what we all "hear", don't bet on it. Like I mentioned in my previous post, we get maybe 1 weeks notice before a phone comes out. And there are always delays.

The point of this post, as a VZW employee, is that none of us know when exactly the next BB is coming out and if we did know and it has not been made public, I really don't think anyone would value their jobs to release this kind of company sensitive info.

Instead of beating a dead horse...this horse is done beaten to the ground and heavily mutilated at this point.
    01-22-09 08:52 PM
    I understand athat caus ei hear that the Curve will be discontinued and a new BB is coming in the 2nd quater. I asked a VZW rep this morning and she laughed and said no new phones are coming.
    01-22-09 08:58 PM
    The point is that no matter what we all "hear", don't bet on it. Like I mentioned in my previous post, we get maybe 1 weeks notice before a phone comes out. And there are always delays.

The point of this post, as a VZW employee, is that none of us know when exactly the next BB is coming out and if we did know and it has not been made public, I really don't think anyone would value their jobs to release this kind of company sensitive info.

Instead of beating a dead horse...this horse is done beaten to the ground and heavily mutilated at this point.
    Well that's why most of the people who are credible and release this information are NOT Verizon employees. If you are a sales rep then I would expect you to know nothing, but from what we've heard on this site, and more specifically WHO we have heard it from, it all adds up to a May/Spring launch.
    01-22-09 09:01 PM
    Not sales rep...tech support.

By all means, I hope we get the new phones in May. The Storm was supposed to be a summer release and got held back til late November.

Credible or not, majority of these devices never get released on time.
    01-22-09 09:15 PM
    The most credible sources are generally not employed by the carriers. Of course, they are usually not message board posters either.

You see, the carriers, including VZW, like to treat their employees like mushrooms. You all know what they say about mushrooms, right?

Still, rwking is mostly correct. No one here wili be able to tell you anything about a release, unless the device is to be released tomorrow.

The LTE conversion will not affect any CDMA releases this year, though. There will probably be a conversion period lasting several years, where you'll find CDMA & LTE devices running on "The Network" and this is a good thing. Can't have 80 million devices condemned to obsolescence overnight, you know.

While the Storm was delayed, it was a new device & input strategy for RIM. They'd never done a touchscreen interface before. The Bold was delayed on AT&T too; it was a new device.

However, the Curve and many other existing phones were not delayed. Existing devices with new radios generally are not delayed.

So the question remains, when will these new devices arrive? Unless you're in the engineering, planning or marketing departments of a carrier or manufacturer, you don't know and can only speculate. You can forecast the future about as well as any other seer or soothsayer online (translation: your guess is as good as anyone else's - still just a guess).

I can go to any of a dozen mobile related sites and there are newly started daily threads on each of them asking for info on when the latest gizmodic contraption is supposed to be out.

What does this bring to my mind? I think these people hate their current device so much that they cannot wait to get rid of it for something else. Can I suggest a nice little WinMo device or LG phone? Sheesh, people!

When Kevin posts a confirmed release on the front portal page, we may have something. Until then, leave the carrier reps alone. As nice and as intelligent as they may be away from work, they don't do so well out of that dark area their employer keeps them in while they're in the phone arena.

WAIT! THIS JUST IN!

AT&T JUST ANNOUNCED THEY ARE BEING TAKEN OVER BY VZW IN A LEVERAGED BUYOUT THAT INCLUDES FULL CONTROL OF APPLE AND HTC! SPECULATORS SEE THAT STOCKS OF KIMBERLY-CLARK WILL NEED TO BE INCLUDED TO HELP STOCKHOLDERS CLEAN UP THE MESS!!! NEW BLACKBERRY KILLER WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT MERGER TO BE PRODUCED BY YUGO USING LUCAS ELECTRICS & PACKARD-BELL CHIPSETS!

There you go folks - it written in the ether, so it must be true, right? Wrong. It is a lie. Speculation isn't true, so it too is a lie. It cannot be truth until it is a reality. Once a reality, it is no longer speculation.

So quit bugging the reps and quit trolling the sites looking for speculation and lies to salve your hopes. Then you might have time to enjoy the device you have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 04:42 PM

WAIT! THIS JUST IN!

AT&T JUST ANNOUNCED THEY ARE BEING TAKEN OVER BY VZW IN A LEVERAGED BUYOUT THAT INCLUDES FULL CONTROL OF APPLE AND HTC! SPECULATORS SEE THAT STOCKS OF KIMBERLY-CLARK WILL NEED TO BE INCLUDED TO HELP STOCKHOLDERS CLEAN UP THE MESS!!! NEW BLACKBERRY KILLER WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT MERGER TO BE PRODUCED BY YUGO USING LUCAS ELECTRICS & PACKARD-BELL CHIPSETS!

This had me literally on the floor laughing!
    01-23-09 06:42 PM
    WHat this!?! Enron is not involved somehow?
    01-23-09 06:48 PM
    Shhhhh! If they hear about the Enron connection, everyone will buy old Ford Pintos & switch to Cricket!

01-23-09 10:38 PM
    I see no problem with bugging the local reps. Their jobs is to answer questions. No matter how far fetched, how simple or how complex. Its their job. True you may get different answers, but its ultimatley up to the consumer to do their own homework to find out which answers are right or wrong.

Plus I love speculation. It keeps me and probably other posters going. I know things get delayed, but the fact that something is coming down the pipe for VZN gets me all geeked.
    01-24-09 01:33 AM

Thanks for the info...very helpful!
    01-24-09 01:44 AM
    I see no problem with bugging the local reps. Their jobs is to answer questions. No matter how far fetched, how simple or how complex. Its their job.
    Yes, it is their job, but I believe they are here on their own time.

It would also be nice if most of the "Is the new Doppleganger 86 going to be released on Shadetree Mobile February 30th????" questions be confined to a single thread, instead of several separate threads each week.

01-24-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD