04-13-11 12:28 PM
35 12
tools
    I was offered, and accepted, a job with a Verizon Authorized Dealer. Does anyone know what type/s of rate plans that dealer employees qualify for?
    03-24-11 12:32 PM
    Well since it isn't directly Verizon probably they are gonna give you a discount just on your bill to carry around a smartphone.
    03-24-11 02:00 PM
    I was offered, and accepted, a job with a Verizon Authorized Dealer. Does anyone know what type/s of rate plans that dealer employees qualify for?
    Didn't the dealer mention/explain that during the job offer process? Seems like the kind of thing that would have come up before you accepted the job.
    03-24-11 07:15 PM
    As the poster above has stated since it is an authorized Verizon dealer and not an official store the rates will be different along with the hourly salary and most of the benefits such as health insurance and many of the job perks as well. Just out of curiosity how much is the hourly salary?
    03-24-11 07:18 PM
    Didn't the dealer mention/explain that during the job offer process? Seems like the kind of thing that would have come up before you accepted the job.
    No, it never came up. Actually it wasn't something that I thought about until later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 10:56 PM
    As the poster above has stated since it is an authorized Verizon dealer and not an official store the rates will be different along with the hourly salary and most of the benefits such as health insurance and many of the job perks as well. Just out of curiosity how much is the hourly salary?
    It's $9.00/hr.

03-24-11 10:56 PM
    Your discount is up to your boss, and COULD be as high as 50% off that in house employee's get, BUT don't count on it.
    03-25-11 09:56 AM
    Your discount is up to your boss, and COULD be as high as 50% off that in house employee's get, BUT don't count on it.
    50% wouldn't be too bad...

03-25-11 12:31 PM
    It's $9.00/hr.

Don't you get commission along with the hourly salary?
    03-25-11 01:43 PM
    It's $9.00/hr.

I also turned in a resume for an authorized dealer near here and they also said the pay rate is also the same and it's 10-20% commission on all sales. But I don't remember if there was any other benefits included in with the position but I'm guessing it's nowhere near that of a retail store when speaking about the payrate and the percentage in commission.
    03-25-11 04:29 PM
    Don't you get commission along with the hourly salary?
    Yes...it varies based upon the type of "transaction" done (upgrade vs. new) and features added.
    03-25-11 04:31 PM
    I also turned in a resume for an authorized dealer near here and they also said the pay rate is also the same and it's 10-20% commission on all sales. But I don't remember if there was any other benefits included in with the position but I'm guessing it's nowhere near that of a retail store when speaking about the payrate and the percentage in commission.
    10%-20% isn't bad at all!

I'm not sure how corporate VZW handles their employees' phones/plans. I am told that AT&T Corporate gives you a smart phone of your choice every six months. AT&T Dealer stores make you buy a phone, but for about $40.00/mo you get unlimited data, unlimited texts, and 2,000 minutes...or that's how it was back in 2008-2009 when I worked at an AT&T Dealer.
    03-25-11 04:36 PM
    Sweet, hook up the 50% discount =P
    03-25-11 06:38 PM
    Verizon in house, get 50% off plan, and get upgrades yearly at the 2 year discounted cost. (I believe)
    03-25-11 11:41 PM
    When I was an agent I got what was called a dealer line (I think that was the name). It was $10 a month and if I'm not mistaken, 1500 minutes, unlimited SMS, something like 500 MMS, 5000 nights, weekend and mobile to mobile. I also received 50% off all data so a $29.99 BIS plan for a BlackBerry was only $15 (I somehow got 100%). This was about a year ago so things might have changed by now.
    03-26-11 12:15 AM
    Sweet, hook up the 50% discount =P
    I'll try!

Off topic, but do you still have that BodyGlove case for the 9800? Any info?
    03-26-11 12:32 PM
    When I was an agent I got what was called a dealer line (I think that was the name). It was $10 a month and if I'm not mistaken, 1500 minutes, unlimited SMS, something like 500 MMS, 5000 nights, weekend and mobile to mobile. I also received 50% off all data so a $29.99 BIS plan for a BlackBerry was only $15 (I somehow got 100%). This was about a year ago so things might have changed by now.
    That's actually a great deal! How did purchasing the phone work? Did you get the two-year contract price or not? I'm only asking because when I worked for an AT&T Dealer we had to purchase our phone at the no commitment pricing...which kind of sucked...
    03-26-11 12:34 PM

This is their concession plan. $10 for 1500 mins & unlimited messaging. $15 for data. There was a list of 5 phones to pick from for free. Upgrade every year.
    03-31-11 11:33 PM
    That's actually a great deal! How did purchasing the phone work? Did you get the two-year contract price or not? I'm only asking because when I worked for an AT&T Dealer we had to purchase our phone at the no commitment pricing...which kind of sucked...
    I had to supply my own phone or purchase one at retail price.

This is their concession plan. $10 for 1500 mins & unlimited messaging. $15 for data. There was a list of 5 phones to pick from for free. Upgrade every year.
    I never got a choice. What did they offer? Something basic I'm guessing?
    03-31-11 11:38 PM
    I'll try!

Off topic, but do you still have that BodyGlove case for the 9800? Any info?
    Yeah I still have it, what do you wanna know?

04-01-11 01:14 AM
    I had to supply my own phone or purchase one at retail price.

I never got a choice. What did they offer? Something basic I'm guessing?
    With such a cheap monthly bill you can afford to buy a phone.
    04-01-11 08:14 PM
    With such a cheap monthly bill you can afford to buy a phone.
    I rocked an old 8330 or a Storm 1.
    04-01-11 08:33 PM
    That isn't too bad. Do you remember what the five free phones were/are? I'm told that one of them is the Droid 2 Global. I'm hoping that the Droid X is one as well.

04-03-11 07:53 AM
    That isn't too bad. Do you remember what the five free phones were/are? I'm told that one of them is the Droid 2 Global. I'm hoping that the Droid X is one as well.

The phones I was offered just over a month ago were: HTC Incredible, LG Ally, BB Curve 8530, BB Bold and the Samsung Reality.

The account manager said they were in the process of changing the lineup but thats what was available at the time.
    04-04-11 10:27 PM
    The phones I was offered just over a month ago were: HTC Incredible, LG Ally, BB Curve 8530, BB Bold and the Samsung Reality.

The account manager said they were in the process of changing the lineup but thats what was available at the time.
    From that list it's a no brianer, Bold if you want a BB, or Incredible if you want an Android!
    04-04-11 11:37 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD