Anymore word on the "supposed" early upgrade for those with an upgrade due this year??
    07-15-10 10:49 AM
    What about them?
    07-15-10 11:06 AM
    This is the first I'm hearing about it...

Do you have a source for this info?
    07-15-10 11:56 AM
    Verizon HAS been known to work with people on upgrade eligibilty, it's ALWAYS worth asking. The worst that can happen is that they say no. I have been able to get upgrades pushed up multiple times. I think it's always case by case though, I don't believe they will ever do a mass program like ATT did with the iphone4.
    07-15-10 12:02 PM
    I got an email last week saying I can upgrade to the Droid X right now. I am only one year into my 2 year contract on my Tour as of this week.

I assume they are trying to match ATT's iPhone early upgrade offer, at least for the Droid X.
    07-15-10 12:35 PM
    Do you have more than one line on your account? The primary line usually qualifies for annual upgrades.
    07-15-10 12:37 PM
    Well, I've never known them to let you get your NE2 discount early, but it's a little known fact that as long as you've had your current phone for at least a year, you can upgrade to a new one at the 2-year contract price (assuming you're willing to renew). They don't really come right out and say this, but after about year I usually also start getting emails with a "special offer" to upgrade whenever new devices come out.

Sometimes they'll even send these offers a bit earlier than that...but there have been times in the past when I've just called them as and asked if I could buy a new device w/ 2 year contract renewal, and they've always let me, as long as my current phone was at least a year old. The key is to call them, you can't do this online (don't know about in person at a store).
    07-15-10 12:56 PM
    At my one year mark they told me I could renew with a new 2 year contract. Still holding strong with my 8330 though. I'm gonna stick out these last two months and make sure I only sign a 1 year next time.... even though I'll probably never leave VZW
    07-15-10 01:02 PM
    Verizon HAS been known to work with people on upgrade eligibilty, it's ALWAYS worth asking. The worst that can happen is that they say no. I have been able to get upgrades pushed up multiple times. I think it's always case by case though, I don't believe they will ever do a mass program like ATT did with the iphone4.
    This is the one I was referring to http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...2/#post5285615
    07-15-10 05:52 PM
    Yup that looks familiar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 05:56 PM
    Yes I am curious if anyone has been able to get their upgrade date pushed up?
    07-15-10 05:56 PM
    Just called VZW and inquired about this and it is a valid promo as long as your contract is up by Dec.31 2010, they will let you early upgrade now and extend the contract for 2 more years, however it doesn't apply to other lines on the contract, just the primary. Oh well, my upgrades in Nov. so not that much longer to wait as I'm not the primary on our account and the contract isn't due up till 2011.
    07-15-10 06:32 PM
    Just called VZW and inquired about this and it is a valid promo as long as your contract is up by Dec.31 2010, they will let you early upgrade now and extend the contract for 2 more years, however it doesn't apply to other lines on the contract, just the primary. Oh well, my upgrades in Nov. so not that much longer to wait as I'm not the primary on our account and the contract isn't due up till 2011.
    This isn't that much of a special deal...as I said, I've talked them in to doing this plenty of times, well before my contract was due to be up. Maybe they're more strict about that now, who knows?

Doesn't matter, I love my Storm 2, and have no desire to upgrade right now...I'll wait at least until more info on LTE is available.
    07-15-10 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD