Around Monday @ Midnight, I e-mailed VZW with a phone upgrade question. I explained my discontent for the BlackBerry Storm, letting them know that I have already had 3 replacements, and that I would like to upgrade to a Tour. I asked if they would be able to offer me some sort of discount on the phone, or even to let me re-contract for 2 more years.

When I sent in the e-mail, they said typically it would be answered in 24 hours. But that was days ago. I even sent a 2nd e-mail to remind them that I still didn't get an answer, but I have yet to hear something back.

Why is this taking so long? I always opt to go through e-mail support because I usually get better results, nicer responses, and a quick return. This is the first time it has taken days for an issue to be addressed. Even if they were to say no to my request, they would send me an e-mail saying so without ignoring me, right?
    08-06-09 04:17 PM
    They should....Are you receiving your other emails?

If you are than politely call and explain that you email them twice with no response an would like one.
    08-06-09 04:19 PM
    Yes, and I've even checked my Spam folder to make sure they weren't getting blocked. I haven't seen any e-mails from VZW other than the automated responses to acknowledge I sent an e-mail. :-(
    08-06-09 04:21 PM
    Just pick up the phone and call. They will make it happen for you.
    08-06-09 04:21 PM
    Wow. I guess they saw that I e-mailed them a while ago, but a VZW rep called and let me know that I usually wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade, but due to my loyalty I could buy a Tour at a 1-year contract discount. So all in all, once I sell the Storm I own w/ all the cases n such, I could break even.

I felt very happy that someone called me to let me know I wasn't forgotton. Thank you to all the VZW reps on the forums that help the little guy out when you can.
    08-06-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD