Once again VZW ranks #1 in a call quality survey
    02-19-10 08:20 AM
    Very nice, go Big Red!
    02-19-10 09:49 AM
    Nice. Now I feel better about shelling out $200/mo.
    02-19-10 11:07 AM
    no surprise here! Verizons top gun!

P.S... Who came in 2nd and 3rd? you know?
    02-19-10 11:08 AM
    Probably not AT&T I bet.
    02-19-10 11:20 AM
    no surprise here! Verizons top gun!

P.S... Who came in 2nd and 3rd? you know?
    Nope sorry, just came across the article as posted.
    02-19-10 11:34 AM
    After doing some searching, here is the site where you can see the break down of the telcom catagories and ranking of other carriers.

JDPOWER.COM
    02-19-10 12:35 PM
    After doing some searching, here is the site where you can see the break down of the telcom catagories and ranking of other carriers.

JDPOWER.COM
    What the heck does "PIN: ED to a wall" mean in your info?
    02-19-10 12:41 PM
    What the heck does "PIN: ED to a wall" mean in your info?
    Not a thing
    02-19-10 12:48 PM
    Just thought you may have meant "pinned"?
    02-19-10 12:52 PM
    ah yes, consider it fixed.
    02-19-10 12:58 PM
    Ok. Now we are on the same page!
    02-19-10 01:06 PM
    Actually, unless I'm missing something (entirely possible) I did not see a ranking of cell phone carriers in that link, just devices and ISP info.

However, VZW did score #1 in the January, 2010 Consumer Reports rankings, with T-Mo coming in second (I think) followed by Sprint and ATT in last place (no surprise there).
    02-19-10 01:26 PM
    Actually, unless I'm missing something (entirely possible) I did not see a ranking of cell phone carriers in that link, just devices and ISP info.

However, VZW did score #1 in the January, 2010 Consumer Reports rankings, with T-Mo coming in second (I think) followed by Sprint and ATT in last place (no surprise there).
    Yeah it is not really clear, but you have look into each link under wireless to review each catagory. This is how I say the page set up. The original post refers mostly to Wireless call quality catagory.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-19-10 at 01:46 PM.
    02-19-10 01:42 PM
    way to go!
    02-21-10 06:54 PM
    Go big red, I have been satisified during my tenure with verizon
    02-22-10 12:53 PM
    Lowest Churn. This refelects customer loyalty.

Verizon Wireless Leads Industry In Customer Loyalty.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-25-10 at 04:52 PM.
    02-25-10 04:49 PM
    go VZW!!!!!
    02-25-10 05:21 PM
    There was a news article today, on MSNBC.com that discussed a recently updated study on comparing 3G speeds between carriers. It appears that AT&T has recovered some of their lost lead and VZW has lost some (I believe their average upload and download speeds were down 8% in 13 key cities). I hope VZW does something about that...yeah, I know, "LTE is right around the corner" but I'll believe it when I see it and, I just got my S2 so I won't be able to take advantage of it. Also, it appears that ATT has improved their call reliability capacity...now THAT I have a hard time believing...I've had more ATT folks lose their calls with me than I can count...and they complain about it themselves.

Sprint came in a close 3rd as I recall and T-Mo was last. As for service, I've been a VZW customer for over 10 years and even if it's not quite as fast as ATT, I'll stick with it. Speed is NOT everything!
    02-25-10 09:43 PM
    There was a news article today, on MSNBC.com that discussed a recently updated study on comparing 3G speeds between carriers. It appears that AT&T has recovered some of their lost lead and VZW has lost some (I believe their average upload and download speeds were down 8% in 13 key cities). I hope VZW does something about that...yeah, I know, "LTE is right around the corner" but I'll believe it when I see it and, I just got my S2 so I won't be able to take advantage of it. Also, it appears that ATT has improved their call reliability capacity...now THAT I have a hard time believing...I've had more ATT folks lose their calls with me than I can count...and they complain about it themselves.

Sprint came in a close 3rd as I recall and T-Mo was last. As for service, I've been a VZW customer for over 10 years and even if it's not quite as fast as ATT, I'll stick with it. Speed is NOT everything!
    Kind of easy to make gains when you are that far behind. If you you go to www.vzw.com/news you can see all the areas by looking around that VZW has improved for 2009 and already in 2010.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-25-10 at 10:27 PM.
    02-25-10 10:16 PM

The Powers Call Quality rankings are the most important for a wireless carrier. Broadband speed isn't that important to the vast majority of wireless customers. Also, most people here know that ATT's 3G (3.5G) is theoretically faster than Verizon's and it is about time they got it up to speed.
    02-25-10 10:25 PM
    Nice. Now I feel better about shelling out $200/mo.
    Lol, seriously

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 11:44 PM
    nice.
    10 char
    03-18-10 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD