Hey, I'm new to BB and will be getting a Curve next week. I have a question about the Verizon data plans. There are two plans, the $30.00 plan and the $45.00 plan.

My question is this: I want to be able to sync my email at work. My work uses a Microsoft Exchange server. Will the cheaper plan allow me to sync my email (just my email, not calendar, notes and other apps) only? Or, will I have to buy the more expensive plan?

I hope my question is clear. As I said I am a new user and will be getting a Curve next week.

Thanks!!!
    05-28-08 02:01 PM
    I get my work email sent to my Curve and we use Microsoft Exchange server. IT does not sync my calendar, and address book, just pushes my email to the phone. I use the BIS plan at $29.99 a month.
    05-28-08 02:05 PM
    I get my work email sent to my Curve and we use Microsoft Exchange server. IT does not sync my calendar, and address book, just pushes my email to the phone. I use the BIS plan at $29.99 a month.
    Yes, but does it sync your mail? In other words, if you delete an email on your BB does it also delete it on the server?
    05-28-08 02:09 PM
    Yes, but does it sync your mail? In other words, if you delete an email on your BB does it also delete it on the server?
    Yep it sure does. They show up in my deleted file marked unread. And if I leave the email on my BB, then I can open it at work if I need to do that.
    05-28-08 02:14 PM
    You may or not be able to depending on how your exchange server is configured...I would ask your IT folks...for most people trying to get their work mail you would need the 45 dollar BES package if your work uses a BES alongside their exchange server.
    05-28-08 02:28 PM
    You may or not be able to depending on how your exchange server is configured...I would ask your IT folks...for most people trying to get their work mail you would need the 45 dollar BES package if your work uses a BES alongside their exchange server.
    I agree with raylol, you'll need to ask them. Most likely they're using a BIS if you have to ask. Most companies that spend the time to have a BES would be providing you with a BB and would NOT allow you to sync your email to a personal phone.

Oh, you can set the email up to leave the message in your inbox if you delete it on your BB. I have it set up this way in case I hastilyu delete a msg from my BB that I stil need on my desktop.
    05-28-08 03:28 PM
    Sorry to hijack the thread, i am also new to BB's Can you cancel a data plan once you get the phone
    05-31-08 10:52 PM
    Yes you should be able to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-08 11:02 PM
    No you cannot. If you have a blackberry on Verizon, you must have a data plan.

This is at least the 4th time this has been answered in the last month.

05-31-08 11:50 PM
    Well I guess I was wrong. Guess BB plans are not like the smart phone plans.

Sorry

05-31-08 11:54 PM
    another thumbs up for at&t. welcome to cb!
    05-31-08 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD