03-11-10 12:59 AM
107 ... 345
tools
    552 error is easy to fix... All it takes is an OS reload...
    tsguy posted one method of doing this...
    If it "didn't work," it was likely done wrong...

If one customer keeps having identical issues with four or more phones... The customer is often times going to be at fault... For example: pulling your battery in certain situations can lead to these types of errors...

If you're only out to humiliate Verizon and RIM, you're wasting your time, and that of those who are going to be reading your edge of sanity rants...

Hardly.

The guy is having equipment issues (ones likely caused by his own use). And even if it isn't user error, its a manufacturer defect; which, would be covered under manufacturer's warranty.

If the customer was having issues with his service, as in: signal issues, dropped calls, no service...etc... And Verizon was not willing to resolve or give compensation for these issues, then Sports would have a legitimate gripe...

But if the issue is only device specific, then Verizon has no obligation to go beyond replacing the phone with the same model...
    May this impact customer satisfation? In this case yes...
    But this customer is out for blood and wants heads to roll, so appeasing him would likely only shut him up until he has an issue with his next phone, at which point of course the cycle would begin again...

Verizon is almost always willing to compromise. So I'm assuming the customer will settle for nothing less than a brand new Droid...
    This was my point in seeking to get him to contact Verizon, in my experience they have gone above and beyond to resolve things fairly and to settle, and as you said compromise, and often bend a rule or two for a good customer.
    03-10-10 09:46 AM
    This was my point in seeking to get him to contact Verizon, in my experience they have gone above and beyond to resolve things fairly and to settle, and as you said compromise, and often bend a rule or two for a good customer.
    Maybe there is a reason Verizon isn't being as accomodating as he would like. The OP has posted volumes about the error but nothing about what is being installed, how it is being installed, etc. Why is that?

e.g., If the OP went through 4 Tours because google maps caused the 552 each time, I would think that would be something easy to track down.

It does appear to be user error, at least until more facts are disclosed. He may win anyway in small claims court.
    03-10-10 09:54 AM
    well my replacement is on it's way today...
    I wiped my old one and am still getting emails on it.......
    I did the on device wipe, but still stinks....
    03-10-10 10:18 AM
    Does it really look like the customer is looking to compromist or is willing to settle with a fair resolution? The customer clearly has been in contact with Verizon many times. There's obviously a reason why Verizon hasn't been willing to give what he wants, but these details were left out of the customer's rant.
    03-10-10 08:22 PM
    The method tsguy posted had been on RIM web site at least as far as when my first crash happened. There was similar methods here as well and I've tried all of them to the teeth. I've had this done with verizon tech support as well with step by step guide walking me through every step and it didn't work.

The RIM tech, the only guy who was able to do this did it differently. It isn't same as the posted method nor with Verizon's method. He admitted that other methods have high failure rate. So please don't try be a know it all...you assume too many things on your post.

Especially a droid remark. Why do people think I wan Droid?? Is that what you want? So I"m supposed to want what you want is that it?

552 error is easy to fix... All it takes is an OS reload...
    tsguy posted one method of doing this...
    If it "didn't work," it was likely done wrong...

If one customer keeps having identical issues with four or more phones... The customer is often times going to be at fault... For example: pulling your battery in certain situations can lead to these types of errors...

If you're only out to humiliate Verizon and RIM, you're wasting your time, and that of those who are going to be reading your edge of sanity rants...

Hardly.

The guy is having equipment issues (ones likely caused by his own use). And even if it isn't user error, its a manufacturer defect; which, would be covered under manufacturer's warranty.

If the customer was having issues with his service, as in: signal issues, dropped calls, no service...etc... And Verizon was not willing to resolve or give compensation for these issues, then Sports would have a legitimate gripe...

But if the issue is only device specific, then Verizon has no obligation to go beyond replacing the phone with the same model...
    May this impact customer satisfation? In this case yes...
    But this customer is out for blood and wants heads to roll, so appeasing him would likely only shut him up until he has an issue with his next phone, at which point of course the cycle would begin again...

Verizon is almost always willing to compromise. So I'm assuming the customer will settle for nothing less than a brand new Droid...
    03-10-10 09:00 PM
    Because they never gave me any reason why they wouldn't compromise other than that it's their policy until yesterday. Again you assume things...
    you assume good of the verizon and bad of me...ok..world is not fair I accept that...

I finally got different reason yesterday. It's the cost issue. When they give me a different phone, it's like giving me 2 phones. As long as they give me refurbished blackberry, they send it back to RIM and RIM sends refurbished ones and they don't lose anything.

Storm 2 is their compromise...I think they have leftover stock of storm 2 from the recall or something that they can refurbish I guess. Why do I say that? When they asked me which phone would suit me, I asked for a phone $30 lesser than Storm 2. Did you think there would be any other reason?

Does it really look like the customer is looking to compromist or is willing to settle with a fair resolution? The customer clearly has been in contact with Verizon many times. There's obviously a reason why Verizon hasn't been willing to give what he wants, but these details were left out of the customer's rant.
    03-10-10 09:07 PM
    Four BlackBerry Tour's, all got the 552 error...

You failed somewhere...

USER ERROR...

Yes, I'm just assuming this...

But its a very legitimate assumption...
    03-11-10 12:59 AM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD