03-10-10 11:59 PM
107 ... 2345
tools
    Spend a lot of time with 15 year olds OC?
    LOL you don't have to, to know kids have wild imaginations. "Zing"

Wow..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 01:14 PM

Wow..

Now that we've gotten so off topic that even tom tom can not bring you back, let's address your initial post once and for all.

There is no more rule for "3 strikes" or "3 replacements within 90 days" any more. You will get another CLNR device (fru) and that is that until you get a working device-----of the same kind as a clnr.

Seriously, stop posting this stuff christine. If a store makes a decision to replace it at their location with a new device for customer satisfaction, then that is not following company policy but an individual situation. And it does in fact mean your results are going to vary so do not recommend doing that any more. It is not going to work and if it does, then your mileage is most assuredly going to vary.

Seriously moderators, can we close this thread now because I think it has really outlived its usefulness with its loads of inaccuracies and just plain invective and accusations against others.
    03-07-10 07:01 PM
    Now that we've gotten so off topic that even tom tom can not bring you back, let's address your initial post once and for all.

There is no more rule for "3 strikes" or "3 replacements within 90 days" any more. You will get another CLNR device (fru) and that is that until you get a working device-----of the same kind as a clnr.

Seriously, stop posting this stuff christine. If a store makes a decision to replace it at their location with a new device for customer satisfaction, then that is not following company policy but an individual situation. And it does in fact mean your results are going to vary so do not recommend doing that any more. It is not going to work and if it does, then your mileage is most assuredly going to vary.

Seriously moderators, can we close this thread now because I think it has really outlived its usefulness with its loads of inaccuracies and just plain invective and accusations against others.
    Who said you get to dictate what I post? Also, I did not recommend doing this, I just brought it to the forums attention. Who are you to join the thread at the end and make such an ignorant post? Go away.

03-07-10 09:35 PM
    Ok 1. 4 phones same problem?? 2 how is this verizon's fault did they make that phone??? Whatever these ppl prob got better phones for their money and their faces on tv

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-07-10 11:25 PM
    Its easier to shut them up with new device and come out the hero, then to deal with those types of people.
    well you must just be lucky to not have had an issue with service. In the last two weeks I have been charged 488.00 for a 9630 verizon said I did not return even though they show the esn acctive on someone elses acct. Missed 3 calls with no notifacation of voice mail. I might have to look into doing this to get verizon to fix my issues. Mybe you will change your mind after verizon f@@@s you over. Oh yah the calls were my son going to the emergency room. I find it anoying that I can only use verizons towers. Set to 3G or rome only still only verizon towers. I know this since the new company I'm trying I get -80 dbm instead of -115 on verizon

03-08-10 02:34 AM
    Since I am actually going through same thing (had by 9630tour breaking down 4 times) I think I can shed some light into what it's like. BTW, I wish I had called news first...now that I'm pissed with Verizon, I'm preparing to sue them...anyway...

I had my Tour malfunctioning 6-7 times (4 replacements) due to, not user error, but because the OS has inherent problem. Google 552 error and you'll see what I mean. BB goes into irreparable state..going into repeated booting cycle..sometimes it's recoverable sometimes not...but you lose all your data in either case....

I had 3 different reps from both corporate store and phone rep tell me that they'd replace it with new phone then later to back track and give me the same phone. And yes I'm sure this isn't user error as in one of the occasions, all i did was battery pull due to sluggish performance and it went into error...piece of crap machine I'd say...

Well, they are now sending me 5th BB that's supposedly on the way 4 days after they were supposed to send....Maybe I should email cnn..and report this error 552...you can google it and it's all over the place..it's happened to me half a dozen times causing 4 replacements...yet both RIM and verizon tells me this is a very rare problem...

yes...I think I will email CNN...this'd hurt them the most...after so many lies, I don't care about the money...i just want to cause verizon damage...they wanted to save money on a phone? well, they'll lose thousands with bad press..and so goes RIM for lying about the OS issues...

Corporate people just don't get what they drive people into when they lie and make people mad...
    03-08-10 08:28 PM
    ok..i just emailed cnn about this problem. Both RIM and Verizon should've been forthcoming and notify their customer about this problem. In this information society we live in, data can be extremely valuable (as one study found that average notebook contains $1million worth of information). To have this kind of irrecoverable data loss causing bug and not notify customers is just irresponsible. While I'm on it, I'm going to email every news station locally and nationally about this bug...

RIM and verizon will have a press nightmare...bastards...

once this bug becomes publicized, they'll have class action attorneys all over them in every state lol...
    Last edited by sportsdc; 03-08-10 at 08:47 PM. Reason: addendum
    03-08-10 08:46 PM
    um my curve crashed, I called Saturday night and replacement will be here on Wed.

What the heck are you talking about?
    Were you expecting a different device?
    Do you backup your data at all?
    03-08-10 09:15 PM
    No. I'm sure he doesn't. Because technology is flawless you know. He just wants a new phone. If he would have emailed or mailed VZW, he might have got a new phone anyways. Now he just wants to throw a fit.

03-08-10 09:33 PM
    ok..i just emailed cnn about this problem. Both RIM and Verizon should've been forthcoming and notify their customer about this problem. In this information society we live in, data can be extremely valuable (as one study found that average notebook contains $1million worth of information). To have this kind of irrecoverable data loss causing bug and not notify customers is just irresponsible. While I'm on it, I'm going to email every news station locally and nationally about this bug...

RIM and verizon will have a press nightmare...bastards...

once this bug becomes publicized, they'll have class action attorneys all over them in every state lol...
    I know your frustrated and all but your coming off as a ranting lunatic with the tone of your posts. Get a good nights sleep and start your day off tomorrow clear and level headed.

Submit your complaints via the FCC and BBB. In your complaint state what the problem is, the steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve it, and what course of action you would like them to take to resolve the issue.

Do not make accusations, be respectful, and most important do not lose your cool. Do this and I think you'll find people will be willing to help you.

Good luck!
    03-08-10 09:52 PM
    Well, it's kinda tiresome to keep typing same story over and over. But I'll humor you guys.

9630Tour has OS bug that causes total failure of the device. Either you lose all data or phone is unusable...While this happened to me half a dozen times, both verizon an rim told me that the issue was with 3rd party software I'm downloading. I've never downloaded software not approved by Verizon or RIM.

As far as getting a new phone goes, I wasn't even aware of it until VZW cs mentioned it to me first. Second time I had to replace the phone, one of the rep told me that I should be able to get a different phone if it happens for the 3rd time. Well, it did couple more times and I'm on my 5th phone. each time, they promised to change it to new phone if it happens one more time and they didn't. Each time it breaks down, all data between latest backup and crash is lost. And yes I do backup frequently. Each time it happens, I have to spend hours trying to re-setup the softwares and accounts. Each time it happens, I'm without phone for days. (By the way, it is crucial for me to have a phone because I'm "on call" sometimes because of emergency patients...I'm either borrowing my wife's phone or sitting next to a landline in case I get a call..cannot go anywhere without my wife's phone).

They are the one's who suggested that I get a new phone to begin with. I'm getting tired of setting up a new phone twice a month, they are not refunding days I was without phone, they have refused to get supervisor(phone rep) or manager (store rep) available, and I have talked to store rep and phone rep..twice each Last Thursday who said they'd over night a new phone Friday to find out that the order was never placed today.

Sure...big corporations are the good guys and people with complaints are lunatics with their own agenda...

Of course I sound like a lunatic. I'm pissed as ****. They just called my wife at home while I'm sitting in my clinic, telling her (since I don't have the phone) that they'd send a different phone if it breaks again. Every time this happens, they tell me this. It's like they were trained to say this whenever phone breaks down.

You know what's so idiotic also? They were supposed to send me a new phone because my phone is not working and they left a message on my cell number to tell me that there's a delay in order. Now how am I supposed to confirm that?

And yes I am taking this to BBB and FCC and major news carriers. I think they just made a major mistake sitting on flaws like this without notifying their customers for potential issues.

Do you know what it was like the 3rd time this happened to me? I was driving to a mountain cabin when this happened. Road condition was dangerous due to unusually heavy snow, I trusted gps on the phone to get there. If I had not actually looked at the map and entire trusted gps only, I'd be lost not able to call anyone with dangerous road condition...

Yes I'm pissed and radiating lunacy...I'll channel all my crazy energy into publicly humiliating these 2 companies. I'm waiting for the 5th phone within 2 months and both verizon and rim have the gall to tell me that this is rare problem. What's so funny is that I don't even have to tell the store techs. It happens so often that as soon as they see my screen, they know what it is. And phone reps still claim this rarely happens...

Supermario, either you work for BB or are a complete *****. There's no such thing as flawless technology. Just type error 552 on search string and see how many people have this problem just on this site...
    03-08-10 10:23 PM
    In all reality you are probably restoring your entire blackberry backup from your computer - do not do this. It will continue to cause problems.

Error 552 is easy to recover from if you know what you're doing. It is a strange error and RIM doesn't really know what is going on to cause it. But in my experience it is due to corrupt databases and files. SO when you restore those backup files you continue to have this issue. Start from scratch. It helps.

BlackBerry KB article on this issue: View Document

Error "Reload Software: 552" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

Document ID:KB18751
    Modified Date:12-01-2009
    Document Type:Support

Products

• BlackBerry Devices

Environment

• BlackBerry smartphones
    • BlackBerry Device Software version 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.7.1
    • SDR322523
    • SDR371635
    • DT364168

Overview

The following error message may be displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone:
    Reload software: 552 or App Error 552

Cause

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team.

Resolution

Upgrade to the latest available BlackBerry Device Software version provided by your wireless service provider to resolve this issue.

Workaround

Complete the following steps:

1. Verify that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the current BlackBerry Device Software (for your BlackBerry smartphone) is installed on the computer.
    2. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not re-insert the battery.
    3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer.
    4. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    5. On the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main screen, click Application Loader.
    6. In the Update Software area of the Application Loader, click Start.
    7. Click Options. This allows you to add or remove applications from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    8. Select the applications that you want to install.
    9. Click Next.
    10. Click Next.
    11. Click Finish.
    12. When the application load process starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.

Disclaimer

By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
    (a) that the terms of use for the documents found at BlackBerry apply to your use or reference to these documents; and
    (b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.

Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at BlackBerry Technical Solution Center.
    03-08-10 10:36 PM
    Sounds like Sports has a legit gripe to me! Have you tried contacting Verizon Executive Customer Service? 910-794-6200 Or the website Planet Feedback?

PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many
    03-08-10 11:21 PM
    This is the copy of solution that is on the RIM web site isn't it? This is the first method I tried which didn't work. I tried everything else that was posted on this forum plus several more from other sites. This was all done first time it happened to me. And I don't think backing up corrupt files is what's causing this issue for me. I went over this with RIM tech support also and last time this happened, I only restored contacts...

This not only happens after the install and deleting of clean installed file, but also it happens withtout any installations or deletions. Between 2 battery pull due to sluggish performances, I did not have any new programs deleted or installed and 552 happened anyway. It happened to me enough times that I know what RIM techs are telling you are either rubbish or lie. Initially they said it was caused by 3rd party softwares which I told them otherwise. If you look at the pattern, there's no pattern. There's no specific program that causes it.

And 'til now, they still won't issue warning or recall. They kept silent, both RIM and Verizon.

In all reality you are probably restoring your entire blackberry backup from your computer - do not do this. It will continue to cause problems.

Error 552 is easy to recover from if you know what you're doing. It is a strange error and RIM doesn't really know what is going on to cause it. But in my experience it is due to corrupt databases and files. SO when you restore those backup files you continue to have this issue. Start from scratch. It helps.

BlackBerry KB article on this issue: View Document

Error "Reload Software: 552" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

Document ID:KB18751
    Modified Date:12-01-2009
    Document Type:Support

Products

• BlackBerry Devices

Environment

• BlackBerry smartphones
    • BlackBerry Device Software version 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.7.1
    • SDR322523
    • SDR371635
    • DT364168

Overview

The following error message may be displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone:
    Reload software: 552 or App Error 552

Cause

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team.

Resolution

Upgrade to the latest available BlackBerry Device Software version provided by your wireless service provider to resolve this issue.

Workaround

Complete the following steps:

1. Verify that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the current BlackBerry Device Software (for your BlackBerry smartphone) is installed on the computer.
    2. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not re-insert the battery.
    3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer.
    4. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    5. On the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main screen, click Application Loader.
    6. In the Update Software area of the Application Loader, click Start.
    7. Click Options. This allows you to add or remove applications from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    8. Select the applications that you want to install.
    9. Click Next.
    10. Click Next.
    11. Click Finish.
    12. When the application load process starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.

Disclaimer

By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
    (a) that the terms of use for the documents found at BlackBerry apply to your use or reference to these documents; and
    (b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.

Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at BlackBerry Technical Solution Center.
    03-08-10 11:50 PM
    No...I tried talking to the supervisor just now because of new information I found out. I had 4 replacements due to technical issues. Specifically told them I do not want another blackberry. They told me only device they can replace it with is Storm 2...then storm 2 is out of stock and not being shipped. I just found out why...it's been recalled...

So they want to replace my bb with defective software with another one that has hardware defection. Pisses me off.

I just talked to supervisor and she says she cannot replace out of "replacement matrix."

I will try the number you've just posted... Thanx. I really don't want to go through another technical support again.

Sounds like Sports has a legit gripe to me! Have you tried contacting Verizon Executive Customer Service? 910-794-6200 Or the website Planet Feedback?

03-08-10 11:53 PM
    Supermario, either you work for BB or are a complete *****. There's no such thing as flawless technology. Just type error 552 on search string and see how many people have this problem just on this site...
    I know it's not flawless, it's called sarcasm. And I see you like to name call, maybe that's why they don't want to help you. You probably whine like a self-entitled little ***** in heat, huh?
    03-09-10 03:00 AM
    Funny I've never gotten a 552 error and I know many people with tours who do not get them.
    03-09-10 03:05 AM

Wow..

LOL. We're just playin'

Did you see that Murphys Law was on the news for what it drew on it's roof? I go there a lot..
    03-09-10 03:06 AM
    Funny I've never gotten a 552 error and I know many people with tours who do not get them.
    Me either.

....psst....I think this guy just wants a new phone....
    03-09-10 03:07 PM
    LOL. We're just playin'

Did you see that Murphys Law was on the news for what it drew on it's roof? I go there a lot..
    I did see that, did you go to beer fest?

03-09-10 03:43 PM
    Negative but I'll be at the St Patties day celebration on the 17th.
    03-09-10 04:13 PM
    Negative but I'll be at the St Patties day celebration on the 17th.
    Its a date!

03-09-10 07:49 PM
    Its a date!

O rly?

10char
    03-09-10 10:26 PM
    O rly?

10char
    Yessssir ; )

03-09-10 10:44 PM
    552 error is easy to fix... All it takes is an OS reload...
    tsguy posted one method of doing this...
    If it "didn't work," it was likely done wrong...

If one customer keeps having identical issues with four or more phones... The customer is often times going to be at fault... For example: pulling your battery in certain situations can lead to these types of errors...

If you're only out to humiliate Verizon and RIM, you're wasting your time, and that of those who are going to be reading your edge of sanity rants...

Hardly.

The guy is having equipment issues (ones likely caused by his own use). And even if it isn't user error, its a manufacturer defect; which, would be covered under manufacturer's warranty.

If the customer was having issues with his service, as in: signal issues, dropped calls, no service...etc... And Verizon was not willing to resolve or give compensation for these issues, then Sports would have a legitimate gripe...

But if the issue is only device specific, then Verizon has no obligation to go beyond replacing the phone with the same model...
    May this impact customer satisfation? In this case yes...
    But this customer is out for blood and wants heads to roll, so appeasing him would likely only shut him up until he has an issue with his next phone, at which point of course the cycle would begin again...

Verizon is almost always willing to compromise. So I'm assuming the customer will settle for nothing less than a brand new Droid...
    03-10-10 07:15 AM
107 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD