Or the customers are to stupid (or were lieing) to use phones. Just sayin...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Stupidity seems to exist on both sides of the fence, in this situation.

03-05-10 07:44 AM
    Once again, if the situation had been resolved by VZW personnel in the store, it would have never escalated. Evidently, store clerks were only capable of replacing the phone...multiple times, rather than helping the customer fix the problem.

And as I mentioned in another post, if you knew how many times in a day we see this type of thing with every model you can think of, you would understand. This is one reason this new phone replacement policy is going in to effect. The reps can not be handing replacement phones to everyone who cries about the least little issue.

We found out late last year that over 80 percent of the phones our store replaced had no issue at all. That seems to be the norm in most stores. Most of the time, and I mean multiple times a day, we see phones, like Env-3's and such, that have 3 to 4 hundred messages in the inbox and/or sent box, or hundreds of pictures with no memory card. And the customer wonders why the phone doesn't work well.
    03-05-10 08:00 AM
    Why would I do that if I just came from a corp store? What about me being in AZ makes you think something?

Ohhh there's someone, make that "2" people, who just happened to be from AZ, that we haven't heard from in some time.
    03-05-10 08:01 AM
    And as I mentioned in another post, if you knew how many times in a day we see this type of thing with every model you can think of, you would understand. This is one reason this new phone replacement policy is going in to effect. The reps can not be handing replacement phones to everyone who cries about the least little issue.

We found out late last year that over 80 percent of the phones our store replaced had no issue at all. That seems to be the norm in most stores. Most of the time, and I mean multiple times a day, we see phones, like Env-3's and such, that have 3 to 4 hundred messages in the inbox and/or sent box, or hundreds of pictures with no memory card. And the customer wonders why the phone doesn't work well.
    In one of my first posts on this site I stated "a smart phone is only as smart as the person using it." A motto I have lived by with my business is "a companys strength lies in it's ability to resolve issues."

03-05-10 08:36 AM
    "a companys strength lies in it's ability to resolve issues."

I think it's been proven time and time and time again that Verizon goes more than out of it's way to resolve "issues". Was this situation an "issue"? Or considering the original poster, did it happen in the first place? I'm sure there is a link out there somewhere.
    03-05-10 08:50 AM
    My wife went through 9 voyagers just always went bad. Been on a touch for 8 months no issues except worn buttons from texting...

Imagine of all the storm users did this? News companies would have a field day.
    Bottom line, sometimes you get a batch of phones that have some errors, etc.
    Where was the free warranty replacements?
    I prefer refurbs to new devices, etc.

Would I be ticked like the customer? Absolutely, but there had to bet other alternatives that could have been used before calling the press.
    03-05-10 09:00 AM
    My wife went through 9 voyagers just always went bad.
    Situations like this are so hard to believe.
    03-05-10 10:16 AM
    My wife went through 9 voyagers just always went bad.
    Most of the time it was a charging port issue. With the 18 pin phones I could fully see that being an issue. As far as software goes that phone had some glitches but wasn't too bad.
    03-05-10 10:20 AM
    why is hard to believe?
    2 the keyboard lights went out......
    2 is when THEY were doing a firmware upgrade (she had the original black one)
    They changed her to the titanium one, but:
    Another shipped unpainted from the factory....looked cool though
    Others were charging port issues and screen calibration issues.
    Heck I went through quite a few treo 650's....
    It happens.
    My moto q9m had to be replaced once in two years (using insurance) and that was it.
    Sometimes it's just bad luck.
    03-05-10 10:27 AM
    I think it's been proven time and time and time again that Verizon goes more than out of it's way to resolve "issues". Was this situation an "issue"? Or considering the original poster, did it happen in the first place? I'm sure there is a link out there somewhere.
    There's a link to a news video earlier in this thread regarding this "incident."

I worked in retail for several years. Periodically I "head hunt" in electronic stores and I'll admit, in conversation, my past flirtation with retail. I'll ask the associate, "do you know what I really miss about retail?" They ask "what?" I respond, "not a darn thing!" I've gotten a small taste of what you go through in my reading some of the tripe written by some of the posters on this site. I'm not sure how much money I would have to make to be in your business. I'm fortunate that I don't have to make that decision.

My personal experience in VZW retail stores has been mixed. I've come to the conclusion that there must be a lot of turn over, and training seems inadequate. You meet someone who really knows their stuff...and they're gone. They guy that takes his place does not know the business. I like to pay my monthly bill at the retail kiosk just so I have an excuse to go into the store and check out the current device line up. There's new faces every month. My experience with CSR has been much better (thanks).

I'm from a different age when the customer was "always right." I see the rule book has been rewritten, and justifiably so, for the mobile industry. Unfortunately, a bad day could lead to prejudging a situation where the customer is actually right. I hope it doesn't happen to you. Be well.
    03-05-10 05:27 PM
    Ohhh there's someone, make that "2" people, who just happened to be from AZ, that we haven't heard from in some time.
    Do you think AZ has only a couple hundred people or something? Why do you keep making comments about me being in AZ??? Stfu.

03-05-10 09:54 PM
    Do you think AZ has only a couple hundred people or something? Why do you keep making comments about me being in AZ??? Stfu.

St. Foo?
    03-05-10 10:08 PM
    St. Foo?
    What?

03-05-10 10:19 PM
    I hate Arizona. I can't wait to get out of this crappy state.
    03-06-10 01:28 AM
    I hate Arizona. I can't wait to get out of this crappy state.
    Don't hate, I love AZ! So when are we doing drinks??

03-06-10 01:33 AM
    Don't hate, I love AZ! So when are we doing drinks??

I'm only 15, I can't drink legally.

And AZ sucks. It has an overbearing psuedo conservative government and police force that fines the crap out of you for everything. Among other things...
    03-06-10 01:41 AM

And AZ sucks. It has an overbearing psuedo conservative government and police force that fines the crap out of you for everything. Among other things...
    Idaho would be a good state for you.

03-06-10 08:41 AM

I hope you're kidding.....

03-06-10 10:20 AM
    I don't think a 15 year old could work for VzW
    03-06-10 11:48 AM
    I don't think a 15 year old could work for VzW
    Well 15yr olds do have wild imaginations....

03-06-10 03:17 PM
    60 Seconds of doing a Google search shows numerous instances of the same issue with the env3 and the results always seemed to be the same. Pics,Vids, and numerous text messages ate up too much memory. Putting a memory card in the phone frees up the memory and all is fine.

"Consumer News Task Forces" exist in every city, and they're nothing more than the Michael Moore of the news industry. They sensationalize issues to make themselves look bigger than they are.
    03-06-10 03:37 PM

True. I guess u'll never know then
    03-06-10 04:37 PM

Spend a lot of time with 15 year olds OC?
    03-06-10 04:48 PM
    Spend a lot of time with 15 year olds OC?
    Zing......
    03-06-10 04:53 PM
    Its easier to shut them up with new device and come out the hero, then to deal with those types of people.
    Well put...you and I obviously understand that people will go to any length to get something for free. I had an issue with my storm 9530 not charging after installing a new OS. Call VZW c.s.-they tried to trouble shoot to no avail. Sent out a new device(a refurb I'm sure) but it looked and worked flawlessly. Communication and little bit of professionalism go a long way. And that was the only time I had a serious problem and they resolved it plain and simple.
    03-06-10 05:01 PM
107 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD