So I called on Monday because my phone (the storm) doesn't like me. It won't register that I am touching it on the bottom half of the screen(in portrait mode). So I call and the first person I talk to I tell him my issue. Not to mention the issue of booting up at 35mb of free app memory and then after about 2 hours being down to 0. So he says that he will do a warrenty exchange and send me out another one. Well this will be my third storm. He says he can send me out only a refub. I tell him that I shouldn't have to deal with these issues and would like a new one if thats possible. So he ordered me a new one! Yay! It should be here this afternoon. He also said that if this one has issues that he will send me out a curve or pearl so that I don't have to deal with phones that don't work. I was very happy with the customer service that I got. Or did I just get a good one on the first try. Lol.
    04-23-09 03:05 PM
    i totally agree, vzw customer services is excellent i always get my issues resolved fast, and i work in a call center too
    04-23-09 03:28 PM
    So I called on Monday because my phone (the storm) doesn't like me. It won't register that I am touching it on the bottom half of the screen(in portrait mode). So I call and the first person I talk to I tell him my issue. Not to mention the issue of booting up at 35mb of free app memory and then after about 2 hours being down to 0. So he says that he will do a warrenty exchange and send me out another one. Well this will be my third storm. He says he can send me out only a refub. I tell him that I shouldn't have to deal with these issues and would like a new one if thats possible. So he ordered me a new one! Yay! It should be here this afternoon. He also said that if this one has issues that he will send me out a curve or pearl so that I don't have to deal with phones that don't work. I was very happy with the customer service that I got. Or did I just get a good one on the first try. Lol.
    Gotta love it! Big Red at their finest. Glad you didnt settle for a refurb (You go girl!) I hope you dont have the experience I did with the Storm.
    04-23-09 03:47 PM
    I was just glad that if I do have another storm that doesn't work right that they will give me a curve or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 04:05 PM
    I was just glad that if I do have another storm that doesn't work right that they will give me a curve or something.

Did you by chance get that CS reps extension number? That way if you do have more issues you can call them back directly.
    04-23-09 04:30 PM
    I did. And his name. This aint my first pony show. Hahaha.

04-23-09 05:10 PM
    I have had similar experiences and absolutely love Verizon Wireless customer service. There usually isn't a long wait to speak with a human, and they are always helpful. However, Verizon's landline customer service has been a different story completely. We've been on the phone with them for the past two and a half hours, and the issue (simply trying fix a minor problem; to get email notifications that our OneBill bill is coming due since the paperless online stopped coming) has still not been resolved. It's bizarre how one company can have such fantastic wireless customer service and yet surprisingly atrocious landline customer service...

But as far as we're concerned here on CrackBerry with BB VZWireless service, it's great!
    04-23-09 05:50 PM
    I did. And his name. This aint my first pony show. Hahaha.

Lol....good girl!
    04-23-09 05:54 PM
    IHowever, Verizon's landline customer service has been a different story completely. We've been on the phone with them for the past two and a half hours, and the issue (simply trying fix a minor problem; to get email notifications that our OneBill bill is coming due since the paperless online stopped coming) has still not been resolved. It's bizarre how one company can have such fantastic wireless customer service and yet surprisingly atrocious landline customer service..
    Two companies, basically. One is still entrenched in the old unionized PUC tariff & regulation mode while the other is in the mostly unrestrained mode of competition and what the market wants & expects.

One doesn't have to treat you well.

04-23-09 07:56 PM
    Two companies, basically. One is still entrenched in the old unionized PUC tariff & regulation mode while the other is in the mostly unrestrained mode of competition and what the market wants & expects.

One doesn't have to treat you well.

I've heard this a lot twins. I was actually thinking of switching to vzw for landline and internet a few weeks ago when the "hub" came out. Since then I'm gonna hold off until it gets better. I'd write them a "pointed" letter.

04-23-09 08:12 PM
    I don't get it. When I had Verizon landline and DSL the only thing that frustrated me was I couldn't get FIOS... but the dealings I had with any reps were pretty good.
    04-23-09 10:53 PM
    I've heard this a lot twins. I was actually thinking of switching to vzw for landline and internet a few weeks ago when the "hub" came out. Since then I'm gonna hold off until it gets better. I'd write them a "pointed" letter.
    Well, as they say, your mileage may vary. I don't think there is a single local telco - at least not with roots to the old Bell System - that gets stellar reviews. They are still hampered by the old ways of doing things. With the local CATV carrier, if I order CallerID, it is on within 15 minutes, and usually before I get off the phone. If I order it on a local telco line, I am told two business days.

Still, if you keep your expectations in check, the local telco performs well for most folks. They usually offer some things that the alternatives don't - mine offers an enhanced AIN CallerID/Caller Rejection service that automatically screens anonymous/restricted numbers with password override that is unmatched elsewhere. They also deliver a warm analog signal that always works. But look at the reviews and they don't rate so well, even though anytime I call them, they are polite, courteous and usually knowledgeable.

A positive of working with the local telco is that they are typically under PUC oversight. If you have a justifiable problem that the company cannot or will not fix, you can file a complaint with the PUC and get quick resolution. CATV operators usually pay licensing fees and are under a city cable authority and these often have few teeth or even a desire to go against the cash-cow CATV operators. Other options, such as VoIP, wireless or independent providers have little or no consumer oversight. I've had issues with both local telco & CATV providers - I went to the PUC and had the problem rectified within 48 hours of the PUC receiving the complaint. The city cable authority often only sends a form response. For other communications providers, you're stuck with the BBB (a joke) or switching to another provider. So, you have more protections going with the local telco - and lately, they are often cheaper than the alternatives.

I love competition and abhor regulation and government oversight. The only branch of government that works is the military, after all. But as long as we have a mishmash of regulations and protected communications companies, it is nice to have a good PUC to complain to. In the future (if this country has one anymore), we may see completely open communications markets, where I can choose from several wired providers, like I can with wireless. In this scenario, PUC oversight will no longer be needed and I might be able to get local phone service from the electric company, CATV service from Sears and electric service from Costco. Then if I have insurmountable problems with my providers, I can switch quickly and all would need to improve to compete.

Our wireless providers already show that this works - we need to celebrate the fact we can choose from AT&T, VZW, Sprint, T-Mobile, USCell, Telus, Rogers, etc. Competition makes all better. In the meantime, I vote for the local telco for wireline service, no matter what the consumer polls say.

04-24-09 11:15 AM
    Well, as they say, your mileage may vary. I don't think there is a single local telco - at least not with roots to the old Bell System - that gets stellar reviews. They are still hampered by the old ways of doing things. With the local CATV carrier, if I order CallerID, it is on within 15 minutes, and usually before I get off the phone. If I order it on a local telco line, I am told two business days.

Still, if you keep your expectations in check, the local telco performs well for most folks. They usually offer some things that the alternatives don't - mine offers an enhanced AIN CallerID/Caller Rejection service that automatically screens anonymous/restricted numbers with password override that is unmatched elsewhere. They also deliver a warm analog signal that always works. But look at the reviews and they don't rate so well, even though anytime I call them, they are polite, courteous and usually knowledgeable.

A positive of working with the local telco is that they are typically under PUC oversight. If you have a justifiable problem that the company cannot or will not fix, you can file a complaint with the PUC and get quick resolution. CATV operators usually pay licensing fees and are under a city cable authority and these often have few teeth or even a desire to go against the cash-cow CATV operators. Other options, such as VoIP, wireless or independent providers have little or no consumer oversight. I've had issues with both local telco & CATV providers - I went to the PUC and had the problem rectified within 48 hours of the PUC receiving the complaint. The city cable authority often only sends a form response. For other communications providers, you're stuck with the BBB (a joke) or switching to another provider. So, you have more protections going with the local telco - and lately, they are often cheaper than the alternatives.

I love competition and abhor regulation and government oversight. The only branch of government that works is the military, after all. But as long as we have a mishmash of regulations and protected communications companies, it is nice to have a good PUC to complain to. In the future (if this country has one anymore), we may see completely open communications markets, where I can choose from several wired providers, like I can with wireless. In this scenario, PUC oversight will no longer be needed and I might be able to get local phone service from the electric company, CATV service from Sears and electric service from Costco. Then if I have insurmountable problems with my providers, I can switch quickly and all would need to improve to compete.

Our wireless providers already show that this works - we need to celebrate the fact we can choose from AT&T, VZW, Sprint, T-Mobile, USCell, Telus, Rogers, etc. Competition makes all better. In the meantime, I vote for the local telco for wireline service, no matter what the consumer polls say.

Wow..Im impressed twins! You typed all that on your Curve! It would take me forever to type that much and would end up looking like jibber jabber!

Totally agree and Im with you on the direction this country is going. I dont know why but I just have a really bad feeling about our future.
    04-24-09 11:34 AM
    Pm me the extension for who helped you. Def wanna talk to that person.

04-24-09 01:57 PM
    I cant give verizon's customer service enough praise. even off the clock the employees are so polite and whatnot. i really enjoy be affiliated with this company!
    04-24-09 05:00 PM
    Verizon does have the best customer service. I ALWAYS get what I want when I call with any issues money,phone what ever the problem it is sloved fast and friendly. been with with since 97. LOVE UM
    04-24-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD