So I decided to give my wife my Tour and reconnect my S1 and download 5.0 onto it. What a difference 5.0 made on this phone! But that's a whole other post.

Anyway...I noticed that my memory was draining ridiculously fast as many others have posted. It was draining so fast by the end of the day I would have no app memory left at all, none! And I only had 5 apps total installed on my phone. So I went in my local VZW store and asked a rep about the memory drain and what could be done about it. The rep asked if I had any themes downloaded onto the phone, which I did have. She said that may be my problem and to go back to the stock theme for a couple of days and see if that works. I knew that was not the problem at all. So to appease her, I do just that. I wait 3 days and go back and let her know her suggestion did not help. She's says no problem, let's get you a replacement. So I say to her, what's the possibility that you could give me an S2 as a replacement? She says give me a minute, I'll be right back. 30 seconds later she comes back and says, no problem, we'll ship you out an S2 instead!! How sweet is that!!! I am so stoked! Will have my new S2 tomorrow. And a brand new one to boot. She said it would not be a refurb! Sweet!

So to my Thread title, VZW Customer Service is HANDS DOWN the BEST out there!!

Just had to share my story!
    02-01-10 12:34 PM
    Thats awesome! When I had dust in my Storm, I took it right up to the store and told them about it, the rep nodded like he'd seen this problem a million times, took the phone in the back, 10 min later comes back with a brand new storm (this was long before the storm 2 came out)...but I didn't even have to ask for a new phone lol
    02-01-10 12:39 PM
    Same with me. When I got my 8530 The Screen had slightly pooped up the same day that I had bought it. So I took it back and the rep told me that he will get me another one and even transfer my phone book over for me. I have always been very happy with the customer serves at Verizon.
    02-01-10 12:59 PM
    happy your getting a nice upgrade good to see things work out.
    02-01-10 01:11 PM
    Moving to Verizon Forum
    02-01-10 02:23 PM
    Yes I agree!
    But stay away from verizon home phone services
    They SUCK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 05:58 AM
    I've never had a problem with Verizon CS ever in the past 8 years I have been with them now. There the best out there!
    02-03-10 07:34 AM
    Boy, this is sweet. I'm kinda hoping for a similar thing, but I'm doubtful. My experience with VZW CS has been very positive in terms of attitude, however, so I'm definitely a fan of theirs.
    02-04-10 04:47 PM
    Just throwing this out here bc it's very big within the company but make sure you do the NPS surveys. They give us the most feedback as far as how we are doing. Yes we really do read them!

Hopefully you guys are completing them for the rep who helped or didn't help you!
    02-04-10 04:50 PM
    I have to agree. I've been with VZW for...I have to think about this....at least 10 years now, if not a bit longer. Obviously, this says a lot about my experiences with them, they've always been first class (not to say I've been miffed a time or two by a rep who offers me some party line rather than the truth, but that's not a biggie). You'll love the S2, even after putting 5.0 on your S1 (I know that I did. I posted somewhere else this morning, that after I put 5.0 on my S1, I thought long and hard about whether or not I should upgrade to the 2. Ultimately, I decided to do so, but mostly for increased memory and WiFi than anything else).

VZW is not perfect (their recent FORCED Bing default search is an example of how they've ticked me off from time to time), but I think they're the best of the lot.
    02-04-10 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD