09-09-09 10:19 AM
38 12
tools
    Indeed... You may want to do a search there are some fixes for this issue.
    I wasnt asking for "fixes" on the particular issue at hand, I was merely asking a simple question. I have looked over the numerous threads about the battery cover and I cant seem to locate where its stated that "1mm left to right is deemed within spec" or something to that nature. If there is not a general consensus then so be it, it was just a question.

I will have to compare when my wife's Tour shows up next week...
    08-27-09 06:15 PM
    I wasnt asking for "fixes" on the particular issue at hand, I was merely asking a simple question. I have looked over the numerous threads about the battery cover and I cant seem to locate where its stated that "1mm left to right is deemed within spec" or something to that nature. If there is not a general consensus then so be it, it was just a question.

I will have to compare when my wife's Tour shows up next week...
    It might be within spec but my Tour has had no battery cover issues so I may be lucky Anywho I'm sure that 1m left and right may be in spec but honestly I have no idea...
    08-28-09 08:17 AM
    Thanks for the insight b&b.

Another thing I noticed is that when the battery cover is off and you are looking at the inside of the phone, i.e. around the sim card & mem card area that has the black plastic, its like there are scuff marks all over. Now this could be from the manufacturing process but I would assume it would be nice and uniform all over. I dunno maybe I am just too ocd...

Does yours have this b&b?
    08-28-09 10:25 AM
    enjoy you're new tours!
    08-28-09 10:29 AM
    I ordered a new Tour on Sunday night after my 16 month old daughter smashed the screen on my Curve. I was going to upgrade in two months anyways, who doesnt like a reason to upgrade early? I call up customer care and tell them the story and listen to my options. I did bring up the fact that my NE2 was Oct 19th and to see if I could get my $100 credit early since I needed to get a new berry. She talked with her supervisor and they allowed the NE2 credit two months early given the situation and client relationship. I was ecstatic! I was charged $199 and then would receive my $100 rebate in the mail. $99 was a great deal in my eyes for a brand new Tour.

So yesterday night I'm looking at the forums and come across a post stating the VZW is going to be lowering the price of the Tour and making the bogo offer INSTANT! I only had to tell the wife once and she was totally on board with getting a new Tour as well.

This morning I call into customer care and get a very nice lady. I tell her the situation and what I would like to accomplish. She first told me that they couldnt offer the instant bogo offer and that I needed to go online. I politely told her that with my initial purchase of the Tour on Sunday, I had to order over the phone since I was getting a special manager approval for the early NE2 credit. She went back to her manager and the ball was rolling...yes!

After roughly an hour on the phone (had to get two mgr approvals) with a wonderful csr I got the 2nd Tour ordered free of charge and the $50 difference I paid on Sunday credited to my account. So when its all said and done we will have two brand new Tour's for $50...I am not even factoring in the "global credit."

Needless to say I am very happy with VZW and how they handle their clients in special situations. The rest of my family (5) switched over from sprint a year ago after I told them how great vzw is and how the treat their customers. We are very excited to get our new phone's, thank you again VZW.
    I have one up on you. I bought a Dare in December. I believe it was $179 with $50 rebate. A few days later I got a special in the mail that offered a $100 rebate on the Dare. I called CS and told the rep the situation and asked if I could get the additional $50. After a few minutes of banter about his wife being raised a few miles from where I live he told me that I could return the phone and order another but it made more sense for me to keep the phone and he would simply give me the added $50 rebate. He didn't have to consult with managers, just did it on his own. He was based in a Florida service center.
    08-28-09 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the insight b&b.

Another thing I noticed is that when the battery cover is off and you are looking at the inside of the phone, i.e. around the sim card & mem card area that has the black plastic, its like there are scuff marks all over. Now this could be from the manufacturing process but I would assume it would be nice and uniform all over. I dunno maybe I am just too ocd...

Does yours have this b&b?
    Thats a negative this baby is spotless
    08-28-09 01:49 PM
    Well just got off the phone with bb tech support and "Matt" was awesome! Probably the best rep I have spoken with over the last week, really knew his stuff. I let him know that my battery door was loose and that just today I noticed that the "trackball ring" that houses the trackball was loose??? I had the same exact problem on my Curve when I first got (within 2 days) and they swapped that out no questions asked. He didn't hesitate to order me up a brand new replacement which will be here on Tuesday (NEXT DAY AIR!).

The other great thing he did is that I had him check to see if my $50 credit was applied to my account for the price difference from when I bought the original phone on Sunday...it still hadn't been processed for some apparent reason. He gladly took the liberty to adjust the new phone price down to $164.54; so when I return my old one I will be credited $214.54...Bam!...$50 credit.

As always, thank you again Verizon!
    08-28-09 08:33 PM
    Verizon customer service is unparalleled, in my experience. They always knock themselves out to help me, and they've hooked me up so many times... I'll never use another carrier.

Good post.
    08-28-09 11:08 PM
    Well, I received my first replacement Tour last night, needless to say everything is great. The trackball is a bit tighter and doesnt have that really "loose" feel, has more resistance when pushing down. Left to right scroll is spot on with a 70/70 setting. Battery door is tight and secure with minimal left to right movement at the bottom. I swear the OS seems snappier...how this is possible is beyond me. No screen ripple. Keyboard is perfect, flat and tight. Very very very happy.

8/17/2009 build date

Mexico 5

One seal, retail pkg

...and yes, it had the infamous small green dot
    09-01-09 03:33 PM
    I have heard a lot of people complaining about VZW customer service but I can honestly say I have only had one phone rep who wasnt up to par and she admitted she was new and asked for help from her supervisor (maybe another rep, I dont know for sure) rather than screw up with the customer on the phone (me). Store employees have always been great to me.
    09-02-09 02:14 AM
    i took my new tour to england recently and was annoyed to find it not working after i got off the plane. I called verizon twice from my hotel and incurred international phone charges of $210.00. On the second call I found out verizon had the sim card entered incorrectly, and they credited my account for the full $210.00!!
    09-07-09 09:55 PM
    My situation was exactly the same, my brother over on Sprint couldnt believe I received two Tours for $50. He just bought he and his wife two as well, but paid just over $400.
    09-09-09 01:40 AM
    VZW CS is THE best IMHO! Too many caps, but VZW deserves it!
    09-09-09 10:19 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD