07-31-09 11:13 AM
64 123
tools
    Verzion and Me, a love to hate relationship
    07-13-09 09:39 AM
    Yes, it was the demo phone that was taken out of my hand.Ha and yes I am bigger then the kid who took it from me but like I said it is just a phone not sure if would be worth a throw down in the store for. I was just more stunned then mad at the time. But good idea.
    07-13-09 10:07 AM
    Much ado about....
    07-13-09 10:55 AM
    It's silly to talk about leaving vz because some ***** did something idiotic. Angry yes but not take your ball and go home kinda mad. In every job in every field of work some people are just an a**. Just my opinion.
    07-13-09 11:20 AM
    It's silly to talk about leaving vz because some ***** did something idiotic. Angry yes but not take your ball and go home kinda mad. In every job in every field of work some people are just an a**. Just my opinion.
    I agree with this! Definately don't switch to an inferior service because of one a**hole employee. Eventually you will forget about that, but you will be haunted by inferior service for 2 yrs.
    07-13-09 12:44 PM
    Wait a second - you work for a corporation that will terminate your employment for having spent brass in your car on company property. How do you manage on those roughly 240 working days between leaving home & returning in the morning?
    No comment.

Not something you really want to flaunt, if you know what I mean.

Why not? I carry it openly usually, that's flaunting it
    07-13-09 12:55 PM
    It is silly, and even sillier to think there is any reason to get a supervisor involved. I've never seen a customer base complain about such petty things as wireless customers do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 02:27 PM
    Just another case of Mr. Entitled Long-Time Customer overreacting to a simple mistake by a CSR.
    07-13-09 03:04 PM
    Hmmmm. Exactly how did I overreact codeyh. A simple mistake? wow I would hate to work with you if you think that was a simple mistake.
    07-13-09 07:57 PM
    I think the CSR took the demo phone..
    Ohhhhhhhh.

See, when the thread is called "VZW csr took my tour from me", i thought that mean it actually belonged to the OP, not the store where the employee worked.

Maybe the thread should be renamed, "VZW rep took the demo away from me to show to another customer."
    07-13-09 09:32 PM
    If I were the OP I would buy a tour from that store, and make a point of NOT buying it from THAT rep. And explain why.
    A loss of a couple of lines to V wouldn't be noticeable, but that rep probably has a use for that commision he's not getting.

07-14-09 03:45 AM
    Ohhhhhhhh.

See, when the thread is called "VZW csr took my tour from me", i thought that mean it actually belonged to the OP, not the store where the employee worked.

Maybe the thread should be renamed, "VZW rep took the demo away from me to show to another customer."
    I agree 100 percent. There were a lot of people in the stores looking at them, I'm sure there is another side to this story, and I'm sure after all it was useless to post this.
    Last edited by Wireless Vet; 07-14-09 at 11:33 AM.
    07-14-09 07:41 AM
    Oh yes, the true words of a hit & run buffoon whose only acts of toughness are through the modern-day anonymity of the Internet.

Go back under your rock until you can learn reality, manners & some decorum.
    Who is talking about anonymity, manners and decorum? Mr Deeeeeeeeep inside the industry.
    07-14-09 07:42 AM
    I also highly doubt that the rep just walked up and grabbed it out of the OP's hand. And if he was waiting for his name to be called, maybe the rep needed to show it to someone who was actually being helped......not someone who was still waiting.
    Last edited by gettinthere; 07-14-09 at 09:09 AM.
    07-14-09 09:07 AM
    I also highly doubt that the rep just walked up and grabbed it out of the OP's hand. And if he was waiting for his name to be called, maybe the rep needed to show it to someone who was actually being helped......not someone who was still waiting.
    Well the CSR could say

"Excuse me sir, would if bother you if I show this Tour to my customer really quick."

That's all he needed to do.
    07-14-09 11:20 AM
    Well the CSR could say

"Excuse me sir, would if bother you if I show this Tour to my customer really quick."

That would have definitely been the appropriate thing to do.

Now me, I'm a strong looking girl, but I'm kinda shy, so I find myself just waiting for the customer to finish with the phone before I can show a customer, or if they're taking a while, I'll pull a new one out of the box to show. I get really weird about asking to use a demo phone that a customer is already looking at, because honestly, if someone is deep in playing with a phone, I feel like I'd get a response like, "nooooo I don't wannaaaaaaa... I was playin' with it!!!" and then I'd feel bad.
    07-14-09 11:28 AM
    I think that's the real situation.
    07-14-09 11:34 AM
    Well the CSR could say

How do you know that the rep didn't say that or something similar?
    07-14-09 12:12 PM
    I still think walking up to a customer who is using a demo phone and asking to take it from them to show another customer is inappropriate. Why is the customer you're helping more important the customer you will be helping when you're done?

Come on.
    07-14-09 02:00 PM
    I still think walking up to a customer who is using a demo phone and asking to take it from them to show another customer is inappropriate. Why is the customer you're helping more important the customer you will be helping when you're done?

Come on.
    Cuz the chances you get the customer is slim, thats someone elses meat, let them suffer. Get the sale you are with now.

Isn't that a commission based employee way of thinking.
    07-14-09 02:17 PM
    The best way to be a successful sales rep is to get your customer to respect and trust you and your company. Repeat business and referrals are where all the money is.
    07-14-09 03:10 PM
    Well the CSR could say

===================

Come on.
    Both very good points - we can make a reasonable assumption the sales rep did not say anything like this, because if he did, this would be a non-issue. Either the customer agreed or not. If he agreed, no harm, no foul. If he did not agree, it would have been mentioned in the OP.

As written, it was bad form on the part of the CSR & indicative of very poor customer service. We have to remember it was the CSR and not company policy that did this, though. If not brought to the attention of management, the guy will be free to do it again.

07-14-09 04:03 PM
    Same thing happened to me at the Super Mall in Auburn, Wa. While the salesman was completing my transaction another salesman grabbed my phone from the counter and gave it to a customer to play with (they did not have a demo model out). I quickly asked what he was doing and grabbed my phone back from the other customer. I said that it was mine and I did not appreciate him "just taking it"......they both looked at me like I had just slapped them both in the face, not that I cared.

BBSeattle
    07-15-09 08:42 AM
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the problem. Yes, if he wanted to show the phone to others he should have asked your permission beforehand. I don't think I would be bent out of shape about it.
    When I went to AT&T with my iphone 3G with 3.0 installed last week a salesman took it right out of my hand to check out the Navigator app. I thought it was funny.
    07-15-09 09:00 AM
    Same thing happened to me at the Super Mall in Auburn, Wa. While the salesman was completing my transaction another salesman grabbed my phone from the counter and gave it to a customer to play with (they did not have a demo model out). I quickly asked what he was doing and grabbed my phone back from the other customer. I said that it was mine and I did not appreciate him "just taking it"......they both looked at me like I had just slapped them both in the face, not that I cared.

BBSeattle
    Interesting.. I've always had good experiences at that store.
    07-15-09 09:01 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD