07-31-09 11:13 AM
64 123
tools
    Today I went into my local vzw store to buy my wife a new bb (i'm keeping my storm). When I went to go check it out about 2 min later a csr from vzw took the phone from me to show it to someone else he was working with. As I stood there in disbelief he turn to me and started laughing and then looked back his clients who also where very confused to why he was doing this. This makes me for the first time not want to renew my 3 BB accounts with vzw and go check out a bold. If this is the service vzw is becoming then they will loose me and many others.
    07-12-09 01:32 PM
    wow, thats pretty wild to be honest. i mean i understand a lot of people want to check it out, but only 2 minutes using it, lameeeee
    07-12-09 01:35 PM
    it would be understandable if it was a customer or if the store was crowded but there was hardly any here. It was around 1:30 in a small town. No one was trying to look at it. If so I would of put it down after a few seconds b/c I knew I would be getting one I was just waiting for my number to be called?I have never called and complained to anyone for things like this but this time I may.
    07-12-09 01:38 PM
    I would have spoke to a store manager on the spot, that is not acceptable in any form. They could have opened a box and showed a customer if it was that big of a deal to them.
    07-12-09 01:40 PM
    You would think. I think Ill head back over there to have a little chatt.
    07-12-09 02:56 PM
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience. That is not business as usual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 03:45 PM
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience. That is not business as usual.
    It isn't, but I can picture it happening in a store.

07-12-09 03:53 PM
    This sounds pretty rare. Whenever I deal with VZW, no matter what level, they are nothing but professional and courteous.
    07-12-09 07:18 PM
    I have been with big rid since 96' and never had a complaint until today. I dont expect to be treated with a red carpet but with come on really? I Know it was just an individual employee but two other staff members saw the whole thing and said nothing just keep looking at me to see what I was going to do. Im not one to cause a seen (it is just a phone) so I just walked out. Rare - Extremely. Acceptable - Never!
    Do they care - no. Will I get a call back prob not.
    will I get over it - prob. But now I am for the first time open to looking around for other service. Yes they have a great track record with me but that was completely insulting to the point I want to take my 2 line bb account elsewhere.
    Last edited by the12thskin; 07-12-09 at 09:08 PM.
    07-12-09 09:05 PM
    I wouldn't let this one incident overshadow your years of good service. Just go back and talk to the manager and he should address your concerns.
    07-12-09 09:26 PM
    Yeah I know if I ventured away things like this would happen more often. But I also dont see them doing anything either again well see if they bother to call me back. So I guess this is now just an official rant. My apologize.
    07-12-09 10:01 PM
    Just out of curiosity - how does your size compare with the dolt who did this?

I ask this because they tend to not get close enough to me to even TRY something like this.

And, apologies not needed. Rant on. We can all benefit, if for no other reason than to remember to hold the phone tighter in a VZW store.

07-12-09 11:47 PM
    I guess I'm confused by the title of the thread.

The sales rep took a customer's phone out of their hand to show another customer? Was the demo phone not out or something?

07-13-09 12:08 AM
    well, I would definitely not be happy

but that is no reason to go to AT&T, that would be a mistake
    07-13-09 12:14 AM
    I guess I'm confused by the title of the thread.

The sales rep took a customer's phone out of their hand to show another customer? Was the demo phone not out or something?

I think the CSR took the demo phone..
    07-13-09 01:57 AM
    Absolutely inexcusable.

I would have dressed him down right then and there if I were a customer. If I was his superior, I would have taken him in the back and handled the matter professionally, but painfully, for him.

Please, do not let that clown reflect on the rest of us.

07-13-09 02:03 AM

I ask this because they tend to not get close enough to me to even TRY something like this.

Lol, I get that same issue..

For years, it kind of puzZled me why people would kind of go out of their way for me. I'm a fairly decent-sized dude, (5'9", 225 lbs) but I'm not some kind of He-Hulk or anything..

My wife let me on a few years back. She let me know that it's because I look "mean as ****". Lol! Her words, not mine.

It's not like I try to look mean, I just do, apparently. I've even had a couple of friends confirm that more recently.

It's jus my normal look, apparently. The odd thing is I'll probably be one of the nicest dudes you know..

07-13-09 02:11 AM
    I open carry a full 5" Tactical .45 Caliber Springfield so maybe thats why no one messes with me.
    07-13-09 03:39 AM

Oh please..........I can imagine you as someone who has no problem shooting your mouth off on the internet, but stands there like a scared little geek typing his every little thought on to Crackberry.
    07-13-09 07:54 AM
    Today I went into my local vzw store to buy my wife a new bb (i'm keeping my storm). When I went to go check it out about 2 min later a csr from vzw took the phone from me to show it to someone else he was working with. As I stood there in disbelief he turn to me and started laughing and then looked back his clients who also where very confused to why he was doing this. This makes me for the first time not want to renew my 3 BB accounts with vzw and go check out a bold. If this is the service vzw is becoming then they will loose me and many others.
    So, you were working with a rep. When you say "when I went to go check it out", explain? It's not something you would have picked off of a shelf, the rep has to go back to the inventory room to bring the phone out, so I'm sure you hadn't handled it yet. Explain further.
    07-13-09 07:55 AM
    Oh please..........I can imagine you as someone who has no problem shooting your mouth off on the internet, but stands there like a scared little geek typing his every little thought on to Crackberry.
    Even for an internet troll you have a really bad imagination that couldn't be further from the truth I am 6' and 225 and 10 years younger and the man could still crush me if he wanted to.

07-13-09 08:37 AM
    Oh yes, the true words of a hit & run buffoon whose only acts of toughness are through the modern-day anonymity of the Internet.

Go back under your rock until you can learn reality, manners & some decorum.
    I open carry a full 5" Tactical .45 Caliber Springfield so maybe thats why no one messes with me.
    Wait a second - you work for a corporation that will terminate your employment for having spent brass in your car on company property. How do you manage on those roughly 240 working days between leaving home & returning in the morning?
    The odd thing is I'll probably be one of the nicest dudes you know..
    You show it well here, my friend.

07-13-09 08:37 AM
    Not something you really want to flaunt, if you know what I mean.

07-13-09 08:38 AM
    Even for an internet troll you have a really bad imagination that couldn't be further from the truth I am 6' and 225 and 10 years younger and the man could still crush me if he wanted to.
    Heh - you'd better not forget it, either, my friend.

Since we're all showcasing our fat, at about 6' 8" & 285, try this old man on for size. Maybe not a good idea, eh?

07-13-09 08:45 AM
    Since we're all showcasing our fat
    No fat there. Just bone crushing weight.

07-13-09 09:05 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD