Id been having many problems with my BB Storm, so I posted a letter on planetfeedback. Someone from Verizon called and left a message on my phone, they said to call back to discuss the issue. When I called back, I was told that I couldn't speak about my phone problems, that just because I was younger and I wasn't the main account holder, my mom had to speak for me. I don't believe this is fair, if I took the time to write to them on my own, and call them back, I should be able to speak for the phone that I paid for! I don't want to get my mom to call back, she won't even know what to say since it isn't her phone! Im the one who uses it and I know what the problems are.
    07-30-09 12:35 PM
    Wipe your tears. Have your mom put you on as an account manager.
    07-30-09 12:41 PM
    They just want to speak to your mom to make sure that you have authorization to talk about stuff on her acct. if they need to.
    07-30-09 12:47 PM
    Id been having many problems with my BB Storm, so I posted a letter on planetfeedback. Someone from Verizon called and left a message on my phone, they said to call back to discuss the issue. When I called back, I was told that I couldn't speak about my phone problems, that just because I was younger and I wasn't the main account holder, my mom had to speak for me. I don't believe this is fair, if I took the time to write to them on my own, and call them back, I should be able to speak for the phone that I paid for! I don't want to get my mom to call back, she won't even know what to say since it isn't her phone! Im the one who uses it and I know what the problems are.
    So really there is no problem. Wireless is a contractual business and if your name is nowhere on your account with Verizon they are in no way obligated or permitted to speak with you, no matter if you wrote your big boy letter or not

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 01:29 PM
    PM ME and Ill give you some OUTSTANDING contact info and get you squared away....ignore the other fool above
    LOL, and as long as he is not on the account, he'll continue to hear a dial tone.
    07-31-09 06:40 AM
    LOL, and as long as he is not on the account, he'll continue to hear a dial tone.
    Yeah I can give you keys to a car... But if its not the right car then you're going nowhere.
    07-31-09 07:28 AM
    While some of the preceeding comments may be accurate, they are not necessarily helpful.

Well, you can't be an account manager if you're under 18 & most parents wouldn't allow their minor children that much control over the account anyway.

So here is what you do. Get your mom to call. She will verify she is the responsible party. She can then give the rep authorization fo speak with you about this particular issue. If it takes more than one call to resolve the issue, she may have to do it for each call, since you're under 18.

I have had friends do this, since they don't know what to say to resolve the issue, so they call, give authorization, then put me on the phone. Sometimes they stay on the line, sometimes they just hand me the phone. It all depends on the person & the situation - either way, it doesn't matter.

It is a simple process and it will work for problems like yours, regardless of the carrier. The experienced corporate reps here should be able to corroborate this process and suggestion.

07-31-09 08:42 AM
    While some of the preceeding comments may be accurate, they are not necessarily helpful.

Well, you can't be an account manager if you're under 18 & most parents wouldn't allow their minor children that much control over the account anyway.

So here is what you do. Get your mom to call. She will verify she is the responsible party. She can then give the rep authorization fo speak with you about this particular issue. If it takes more than one call to resolve the issue, she may have to do it for each call, since you're under 18.

I have had friends do this, since they don't know what to say to resolve the issue, so they call, give authorization, then put me on the phone. Sometimes they stay on the line, sometimes they just hand me the phone. It all depends on the person & the situation - either way, it doesn't matter.

It is a simple process and it will work for problems like yours, regardless of the carrier. The experienced corporate reps here should be able to corroborate this process and suggestion.

This is truth, ofentimes girls do this with their bf's cuz the bf may be more techy. Normally if someone calls in and they cant verify info on the account and/or arent on the account we can go through troubleshooting still. We cannot however make changes to the account or send replacements.
    07-31-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD