Will VZW offer a credit to cover another carrier's EFT for new customers? I've heard comments around this happening, but wanted to get a second opinion before trying it myself. Thanks.
    07-03-10 12:00 PM
    Will VZW offer a credit to cover another carrier's EFT for new customers? I've heard comments around this happening, but wanted to get a second opinion before trying it myself. Thanks.
    I have never heard of this before, however in my area they are running ads offering a $100 for porting your number to VZW. It is an account credit (i think) but that is $100 you won't have to put toward your bill and you can put toward the ETF.
    07-03-10 12:02 PM

Nope, no carrier does that. Its against the law per the FCC.
    07-03-10 12:08 PM
    A Local carrier in my area, Union Wireless, buys out contracts so you'll sign on with them. They've been doing it ever since they first showed up about 6-7 years ago, but its never worth it since they have really spotty coverage.
    07-03-10 01:34 PM
    A Local carrier in my area, Union Wireless, buys out contracts so you'll sign on with them. They've been doing it ever since they first showed up about 6-7 years ago, but its never worth it since they have really spotty coverage.
    If they actually go and pay your ETF they are breaking the law. Now there are ways that ive heard of people getting it done such as a credit to your account to offset the termination fee.
    07-03-10 01:43 PM
    If they actually go and pay your ETF they are breaking the law. Now there are ways that ive heard of people getting it done such as a credit to your account to offset the termination fee.
    Yep, that's what they did. We went in to a VZW store yesterday. They gave some credit to partially offset the ETF. It wasn't enough to cover the full ETF, but enough incentive to make the switch.
    07-04-10 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD