02-22-09 02:06 AM
198 ... 5678
tools
    I am sure there is something you have that is a necessity to you that I disagree on. Ya'll need to quit belittling people who feel they are getting shafted.
    No belittling going on. Just reaffirmations of the painfully obvious.

If you didn't have mobile service, would the spouse have to quit being a referee?

There is a difference between need and convenience. Maybe you should brush up on those differences before jumping on people who do know what they are.

And, you're not getting shafted. You're just not getting something you're not paying for.

Personally, I'd be pretty upset if you got something for free that I have to pay for. Since I pay VZW bills that are in the four digit range each month, maybe I should be mad they don't give me 100 free numbers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 04:40 PM
    the worth of anything is "abstract!" There is no set worth to anything, including cell phone service! And ppl have the right to say that something is pricy, a thorn on ones side, but since its better, cut it close and agree to pay it even with a frog in ones throat. That doesn't mean that at this point u stay silent! If u think its that way, then I got a country u can move to in the caribbean that prides itself on keeping u silent!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-17-09 at 04:48 PM.
    02-17-09 04:45 PM
    good stuff..vzw comes through again..paying about 99.98 a month on one line, hopefully i can get the 10#'s no prob.
    How is Verizon coming through again when this is a feature they picked up from a company they bought?
    02-17-09 05:32 PM
    it does not defeat the purpose to only give it to people with lots of minutes already, we have more expensive plans with more minutes because we NEED more minutes. its only fair to give us more "fave" people plans because we use more minutes than people with $60 plans.
    Exactly, most people on a 450 plan are using only a little, while most people on a 900 are on the border of going over, but dont want to up to a 1350.....same as with the fs plans, most people on a 700 arent using a lot, while the 1400 min plans are going over all the time
    02-17-09 05:49 PM
    Exactly, most people on a 450 plan are using only a little, while most people on a 900 are on the border of going over, but dont want to up to a 1350.....same as with the fs plans, most people on a 700 arent using a lot, while the 1400 min plans are going over all the time
    I think this is more of a "Your mileage may vary" type of deal.....

I have 450 minutes a month. Most months I don't use all of them (prob somewhere between 350 and 400), but the past few months I have been coming perilously close to going over. Why? I've been doing phone interviews that last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. I also call my parents on a regular basis, and often talk to them for 30 minutes to an hour and a half. Most of the time I can call them after 9pm so this doesn't become an issue.

Here's where the fun part comes in. Currently, I live in central time, so 9pm my time is 10pm my parents time(they're in CT). All is still well and good, since they're still up or don't mind being bothered at that time. However, I'm job searching all over the country, so there's the chance I may wind up on the west coast, thus making 9pm my time midnight their time....I don't know about your 65 year old parents, but mine hardly make it to 9:45 without falling asleep. Wouldn't it be nice if I could pay a bit more($5-$7) money to add those 5 numbers? I'm not asking for something for nothing...I'm willing to pay....

Besides....T-Mo and Altel both gave their lowest price points either the My Favs or My Circle option? And I'm not being a cheapskate...I have the nationwide select plan with unlimited texting and a BB data pack....VZW...take my $5 additional a month and let me have my unlimited calling to five numbers!
    02-17-09 06:00 PM

How is Verizon coming through again when this is a feature they picked up from a company they bought?
    And they didn't even adopt it in the same manner the company they bought did.
    02-17-09 06:00 PM
    100% agree! And hey, I'm not knockin in that they added a feature that they never has before for free for those on 900 min plans and above. But again, don't sugarcoat it for what it is!

And the sad thing is... t-mobile has fav 5, sprint has the everything plan, at&t has roll over, and what did verizon have??? NOTHING until now and even then, its not a simple perk! Its a perk with a catch! Typical verizon! And ppl wonder why they have a rep of nickle and diming???
    02-18-09 06:52 AM
    i would never take this out on customer service, as I have always agreed, they have been for the most part, above average! But sensible ppl can agree on segments of issues as there is usually a lot of gray areas to go back and forth on.

Those who look at things as black and white scare me!!!
    02-18-09 07:01 AM
    If it wasn't for verizon amazing coverage I would probably go with tmo, but as we know their serivce isn't the best.

Oh well my bill is so much cheaper now!
    02-18-09 07:05 AM
    If it wasn't for verizon amazing coverage I would probably go with tmo, but as we know their serivce isn't the best.
    T-Mobile service is good. It is their coverage & speed that is lacking.

02-18-09 07:51 AM
    T-Mobile service is good. It is their coverage & speed that is lacking.

Yes that is what I was saying...service(coverage) sorry for the mix up!
    02-18-09 07:58 AM
    Does anyone know why I cannot get the friends and family deal? I have a nationwide blackberry email and messaging and it is well over 59.99 for my plan, should I call verizon on this or is there another plan that anyone could recommend to me with the same benefits as the nationwide email and messaging? Please let me know, Thanks
    02-18-09 08:15 AM
    I didn't read this whole thread, but I will put in my experience. Yesterday, I tried to get the Friends and Family Plan. I went online and found out I had to change my current plan. I had the Blackberry Nationwide E-Mail Plan 450 with 250 Messages. I tried changing it to another "promotional" Blackberry Nationwide E-Mail Plan 450 with 250 Messages. But, the system wouldn't let me change the plan. It kept prompting me to call CS. Well, there is a Verizon store right up the street from my house and I went up there. The Rep. at the store told me I couldn't get the Friends and Family Plan with the 450 minutes. I had to get a plan with at least 900 minutes. With 900 minutes, you can get 5 F&F and if you had 1350 minutes, you can get 10 F&F. So, I opted for the 900 minute plan. The good thing is the Blackberry Nationwide E-Mail Plan 900 with 250 Messages was the same price as the Blackberry Nationwide E-Mail Plan 450 with 250 Messages with the discount that they are offering. So, basically, I got more minutes plus the F&F Plan for the same price I was paying.
    02-18-09 08:17 AM
    Does anyone know why I cannot get the friends and family deal? I have a nationwide blackberry email and messaging and it is well over 59.99 for my plan, should I call verizon on this or is there another plan that anyone could recommend to me with the same benefits as the nationwide email and messaging? Please let me know, Thanks
    Must be a 900 Min single line (for 5 fav numbers) or a 1400 min family share (for 10 fav numbers). It goes by minutes not price as stated in the beginning of this thread.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 02-18-09 at 09:35 AM.
    02-18-09 09:14 AM
    can u have a single line with 1350 mins and still get 10 favorites?
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-18-09 at 10:00 AM.
    02-18-09 09:30 AM
    And they don't have to. They own the company they can do what ever they want. Verizon doesn't need any gimmicks. You all are on and sticking with Verizon for a reason. And its not obviously just for the f&f promotion. So until another cell phone giant steps up to compete with the reasons you are with Verizon I guess you are stuck with the "nickel and diming". Apparently they aren't "nickel and diming" with the reason you are with them. Other wise you wouldn't have signed that agreement. A company is more than what they charge and what promotions they offer. Hows that for grey area.
    02-18-09 09:33 AM

I give it 2 weeks until AT&T tries to play catchup with a similiar feature...
    Yeah, seeing how it will only be them and sprint without plans.
    I guess sprint has better deals anyways with their "Simply everything" They almost had me convinced until I read "BIS is an extra charge" Then I instantly decided on T-Mobile.
    02-18-09 09:40 AM
    ...SNIP......The good thing is the Blackberry Nationwide E-Mail Plan 900 with 250 Messages was the same price as the Blackberry Nationwide E-Mail Plan 450 with 250 Messages with the discount that they are offering. So, basically, I got more minutes plus the F&F Plan for the same price I was paying.
    dakingofhtx-

Can I ask how it is possible that the plans had the same rate? What are the rates of the two plans and what sort of discount are you getting?
    02-18-09 09:54 AM
    yea, I never heard of a discount for one plan verses another plan. Please explain what ur refering to, thx
    02-18-09 10:48 AM
    No, you will only get 5. I had the 1350 min plan.
    02-18-09 11:39 AM
    No you can't! 10 favorites are only for family share

02-18-09 12:05 PM
    Man you guys are all gettin raped over there. Got my att unlimted talk text n 3g internet on my BOLD for 85 a mont *grins *
    Guys gotta get with the program!

Verizon Wireless copies Alltel's My Circle

Verizon Wireless is set to announce Thursday that subscribers on some qualifying plans will be able to pick five or 10 phone numbers that they can call for free, without drawing down their plan's minutes.
    There is no added charge for the service. It mimics a popular feature called "My Circle" at Alltel Corp., a smaller carrier that Verizon Wireless bought in January.
    Verizon Wireless' announcement means that former Alltel customers will be able to keep the feature when they sign up for new plans, and expands the availability to other Verizon Wireless customers.
    Verizon Wireless, now the country's largest cellular carrier, is calling the feature "Friends & Family." It will be available starting Sunday. Customers on single-line plans starting at $60 per month will get five free numbers, and those on family plans starting at $90 per month for two lines will get ten free numbers.
    CustomeMan you guys are all gettin raped over there
    s will need to sign up for the feature and pick their numbers online.
    T-Mobile USA, the fourth-largest carrier, has a similar feature, which it calls "myFaves."
    MCI, which Verizon Communications Inc. later bought, had a long-distance plan called "Friends & Family" in the early 1990s.

02-18-09 12:17 PM
    Interesting how the AT&T unlimited calls plan is $139

02-18-09 12:24 PM
    Interesting how the AT&T unlimited calls plan is $139

what is the criteria for AT&T's Friends and Family like feature?
    02-18-09 12:25 PM
    Man you guys are all gettin raped over there. Got my att unlimted talk text n 3g internet on my BOLD for 85 a mont *grins *
    Guys gotta get with the program!
    This 3G service internet service you speak of. Is that pretty much everywhere?
    02-18-09 12:42 PM
198 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD