02-22-09 02:06 AM
198 ... 45678
tools
    Just like the disclaimer that tells you your payment will post within 24 hours, you do have to allow account changes to propogate throughout the system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I honestly have never seen that before. I use the auto payment option. I'd forget to pay for my house if it wasn't for that feature. Even with the organizing marvel that the BlackBerry is, I have the hardest time remembering to pay bills. It is probably some sort of subconscious mental block.

Pay more, get more. It is pretty simple, isn't it?

I've noticed that to be a reoccurring theme in life.
    Last edited by roeod4; 02-16-09 at 03:43 PM.
    02-16-09 03:37 PM
    I just wanted to clarify some things.

Any change you make to F&F take affect the next day. It's not instant. Also, the way the FS F&F works is the primary line adds the 10 numbers and every line on that FS gets unlimited calling to that number. So if dad wants unlimited calling to work and he adds it, then the daughter calls dad at work that call is unlimited.

It's not a per line thing.
    02-16-09 05:51 PM
    all changes take place the following day and if a number is added to the F & F its for all numbers on the FS Plan to use
    02-16-09 06:20 PM
    Yes. That's basically what I just said
    02-16-09 06:23 PM
    I've noticed that to be a reoccurring theme in life.
    u know.... I'm noticing that as well! lol I recently called to add a premium channel to my cable bill (I already have HBO n wanted showtime) and they tell me, oh just so you know, once u have the second, if u pay only $5 more, u can have all the premiums together.

Sure enough, I did it. Good deal right? just $5 more! But man, it never ends!
    02-16-09 07:21 PM
    Pay more, get more. It is pretty simple, isn't it?

Yep, well, I'm willing to pay a bit more to my current plan to get the F&F option on my 450 min plan....I don't want something for nothing, but something for something would be nice.

I don't ask for much...I have GPS in my car, so I don't need GPS unlocked, not always around wifi, so I don't need wifi on my BB, I'd just like to give VZW a bit more money a month (say $5) and be able to get my 5 F&F numbers.
    02-16-09 07:26 PM
    I'd just like to give VZW a bit more money a month (say $5) and be able to get my 5 F&F numbers.
    you say $5 ... Verizon says $20.
    02-16-09 10:09 PM
    just saw the commercial tonight< but is it still coping when they bought alltel?
    02-16-09 10:23 PM
    you say $5 ... Verizon says $20.
    LMAO!!!!!!
    02-16-09 10:39 PM
    this is ridiculous that u have to upgrade from a 450 minute plan to a 900 minute plan< and spend an extra $20 to talk to.....5 people for free. why cant they offer this on the lower plans. i like not having to pay $130 a month.
    02-17-09 08:21 AM
    this is ridiculous that u have to upgrade from a 450 minute plan to a 900 minute plan< and spend an extra $20 to talk to.....5 people for free. why cant they offer this on the lower plans. i like not having to pay $130 a month.
    Verizon Can do what they want. And the thing is that people will pay it. i know someone like my self already had the 1400 min plan and this is a great FREE add to my account.
    02-17-09 08:33 AM
    Verizon Can do what they want. And the thing is that people will pay it. i know someone like my self already had the 1400 min plan and this is a great FREE add to my account.
    Same Here. We are on the Family Share 1400 plan and this really brightened our day esp as we have a teen in the house

I know it may not seem fair for others with lower plans but at least in my case it is good news.
    02-17-09 10:14 AM
    Ok...I'm not cheap, I'm not stingy....I switched from Sprint to Verizon....what does that tell you?

I simply have no need to upgrade to the 900 minute plan since I don't use my phone more than 450 minutes per month. However, I do come very close to my 450 and would like to have five numbers to call w/o my minutes being used to keep myself well within my minutes. Those of us on the 450 min plan I think are willing to pay a slight increase in our plans to get these numbers. How does this make us cheap or stingy? We're willing to pay a bit to get something. I'm not asking for anything for free......

02-17-09 11:07 AM
    I am on a 700 min select plan. I would pay to have the friends and family on my plan. My select plan is $99. My bb data is $29.99. My vz nav is $9.99. My visual vm is $2.99. Cheap I am not... by no means (just ask my hubbyFAB). I love Verizon, but they should make allowances for those on lower rate plans as well.
    02-17-09 11:14 AM
    So your willing to pay for the minimum for service and nothing more. You would like to use more minutes but not increase your rate plan. So you want to get more for the same price. I see where you are coming from.

and to mrsFAB. Are you using all those features?? Then of course you should pay for them. Your jsut asking for a little more for free. Because you can pay for the friends and family option. Just increase the plan.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 02-17-09 at 11:18 AM.
    02-17-09 11:16 AM
    So your willing to pay for the minimum for service and nothing more. You would like to use more minutes but not increase your rate plan. So you want to get more for the same price. I see where you are coming from.

and to mrsFAB. Are you using all those features?? Then of course you should pay for them. Your jsut asking for a little more for free. Because you can pay for the friends and family option. Just increase the plan.
    No. I don't need to increase my plan. I never go over minutes anyway. I never have to check them. But if it was a need for me, I would pay. Just like my husband has a seperate unlimited premium plan at $139.99, because he will talk your socks off! I have no problem with paying for what I want. No matter the cost. I just think it would be nice if Verizon would make allowances for those who are on lower plans. Just have an option like pay $5 bucks or something. Just my opinion though. Have a FABday!
    Last edited by mrsFAB; 02-17-09 at 11:33 AM.
    02-17-09 11:24 AM
    Well see I agree with you there. Options are always nice. Just my opinion but this is a new feature adopted from another company. I'm sure with proven results we might see that in the future. Verizon doesn't seem to be a gimmick company (rely on sales from "extras" not quality) so this is most likely painful adaptation. Alltel's "Mycircle" was very limited for lower plans also. But that was the gimmick.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 02-17-09 at 11:38 AM.
    02-17-09 11:34 AM
    I have 1350 minutes right now. I just activated my F & F and I want to see if my minutes used dip below 900. If so then I'll be changing my plan.
    I have the same calling plan and I did the same exact thing. My bill didn't change by activating my F&F plan but it will be even better if I can reduce the cost of my plan also.
    02-17-09 01:35 PM
    I have 1350 minutes right now. I just activated my F & F and I want to see if my minutes used dip below 900. If so then I'll be changing my plan.
    I just checked the VZW website and when you upgrade or downgrade minutes it is usually a monetary difference of $20 p/mth. Unfortunately with downgrading from 1350 min to 900 min is only $10 p/mth. I guess it is better than nothing.
    02-17-09 01:56 PM
    Verizon is such an empire company now. They are going to charge you bookoo dollars for a plan that lets you call 10 people for FREE. Verizon is definitely not about that. That's for sure. There will be a HUGE catch somewhere. Read the fine print.
    Please do read the fine print. It pertains to the usual disclaimers like your F&F numbers won't be free if you're standing in downtown Tokyo. It also covers the numbers you cannot add. It is all pretty much straight forward & closely mirrors similar plans on T-Mobile & the former Alltel MyCircle.

Otherwise, there are no catches.

02-17-09 02:47 PM
    Verizon is such an empire company now. They are going to charge you bookoo dollars for a plan that lets you call 10 people for FREE. Verizon is definitely not about that. That's for sure. There will be a HUGE catch somewhere. Read the fine print.
    No catch, no charge. Verizon Wireless has millions of new customers from the Alltel aquisition that it doesn't want running off to other carriers, so they decided to add the "Circle" feature as a free add on to it's 2nd tier and above price plans to retain all of them.

It was that or deal with millions of calls into customer service requesting it by people used to having it or those people leaving for another carrier.

I give it 2 weeks until AT&T tries to play catchup with a similiar feature...
    02-17-09 03:07 PM
    well, if u already have a 900 minute plan or higher, u get a free fav 5! If u have a 450 min plan, u don't! Not fair! And neither t-mobile, or alltel had it set up this way. only the big red would do a money making deal like this and call it a bonus for the customer.

As I said before, it benefits some, others do not benefit. It isnt even a progressive thing. Verizon makes money off this hands down cause while a lot of ppl will downgrade from 1350 to 900 because of this, I think more will go from 450 to 900 because of this making the fav 5 feature in all reality..... a $20 feature!

As I said before, its a nice implimentation and they didn't have to do this. But make no mistake, its a strategic move as well. And its the same thing with the 2 for 1 storm deal. Some benefit, most dont. And in the end, thats fine... however, in the end, its verzon that wins everytime even though a few in the crowd of customers might have some benefit.

And while its their right to win, they are in it for profit and rightly so....... it just shouldn't be sugarcoated for what it is.
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-17-09 at 03:18 PM.
    02-17-09 03:12 PM
    You said WANT and not need. I refuse to do into the whole BB not being a necessity again - even though it is for some. But for you to sit there and call people cheap for not living out of our means is bs.

Just as ricanmedic says this is my opinion. And when Verizon adds a feature and some people who are not included cries "But what about me!!" I think its funny.

If you complain about not being able to afford something only you can do something about it.

This thread was to point out the glorious(haha) fact that Verzion had added a feature that some people can take advantage of. Not that fact that some despise the fact that it doesn't include them.

So apparently your NEED your blackberry hopefully outweighs your NEED for calling your family.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 02-17-09 at 04:08 PM.
    02-17-09 03:24 PM
    You said WANT and not need. I refuse to do into the whole BB not being a necessity again - even though it is for some. But for you to sit there and call people cheap for not living out of our means is bs.
    I want a BlackBerry. I don't need one. I can afford a BlackBerry so I indulge myself of the convenience of them. I could go without one, but choose not to.

The nice thing is that both my personal & business accounts are big enough to qualify for F&F.

Now I guess that if neither was high enough to qualify, I might wish I got free F&F, but that doesn't apply to me. Even if it did, I'd be only on the wishing side & not be holding it against VZW.

I don't hold it against Nordstrom's because I have to pay more for things there to get their level of service and I don't begrudge Walmart their lower prices and lower service. I also didn't get upset with the manufacturer because my last car purchase required the purchase of a sunroof to get the nav system.

It has nothing to do with ability to pay. It does have everything to do with wishes & wants. But the conversation might go south when there are those who condemn companies for only wanting to give premium features to those paying premium prices.

And like it or not, VZW and other carriers make a higher percentage of revenue in profit from voice services than they do BlackBerry plans. This is why they generally won't include data plans as part of service thresholds for added benefits.

The thing is that these stipulations are fairly similar across all carriers. Want more numbers included on MyFaves? Pay T-Mobile more. The AT&T rollover may have changed but it used to be that if you wanted rollover minutes, you paid more than the basic rate.

I have no intent on degrading anyone or sounding elitist. But people need to realize so much is left out of the communications process when conversing in text. We must read more & sometimes go back in the conversation for clues as the writer's intent. An innate ability to read between the lines is needed & picking apart single words or phrases is usually not a good idea.

02-17-09 03:57 PM
    i never condemned verizon. Why would I condemn them for adding a free unlimited feature they never had before???

The only thing I said was don't sugarcoat it for what it is. Thats not condemning anyone or any company.

Getting 2 storms for 1 is not a deal in that u are binded by 2 contracts for 2 years plus 2 blackberry plans. So in essense, theres nothing free ... hense, no real deal. Yet, its marketed as a deal on top of the fact that almost no one will be even allowed to partake in it either way! Its a store entering gimmick, bottom line.

Then having a fav 5 feature but at the same time only allowing it if u have a calling plan higher than the one u need making it essensially unnessecary to begin with since u have so many more minutes tacked on. But u know, the idea of "unlimited" is a very tempting proposition and verizon knows his ......... while at the same time, looking for a strategy for retaining alltel customers.

So while I'm not bashing verizon, I'm not gonna change my thoughts on them (good and bad) in light of these promotions. I don't hate them. I been with them for a long time (conformity maybe) and I took advantage of this fav 5 thing just yesterday even though I may not even need it. I like their CS nd their network is not too bad, especially the data side. And even though they get phones very late in the game, they usually come out better tested and more updated then the ones that come out for the competition... look at the curve 8330 as ur recent example.

However, as I've stated before, I have no stake in verizon and I receive no profit from their profit so therefore, I can speak my mind. ANd I will never sugarcoat anything that they do and see it all for what it is... good, bad, and in btwn. And any smart customer should do the same. You are customers today and you never know if u will be tomorrow. Defend ur family to the end..... don't defend a company to the end! Speak up.... make them do more for u! Its not about being cheap! Everything has a price! And that price is what is abstract. The worth is all based on what the masses are willing to pay. If u scream out how great they are and how much its worth it and how ur willing to pay ANYTHING.... then guess what! They will notice and u will pay EVERYTHING! If u question and are an objectional critical thinker, they will only be able to take what is fair in our free market! Be smart! I'm not saying never praise the good. I'm just saying, also notice the bad. Because in the end, if u don't, only one person loses, and guess what, it aint verizon!

Thats as sensible as I can be in my views. No one should disagree with this...
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-17-09 at 04:37 PM.
    02-17-09 04:19 PM
198 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD