02-22-09 02:06 AM
198 12345 ...
tools
    Select v Basic

Select Plans include unlimited txt, pix, vids for all lines.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-13-09 at 06:59 AM.
    02-13-09 06:54 AM
    Than I go back to no. Looks like they are putting a 1400 minimum as previously stated.

02-13-09 06:58 AM
    Than I go back to no. Looks like they are putting a 1400 minimum as previously stated.

Then I don't think they should state "family plans starting at $89.99 monthly then" because that's a little misleading

02-13-09 07:17 AM
    They state both so not to be confusing. Most don't have your plan. Weren't you grandfathered in to your plan. It wasn't even an option for me.

02-13-09 07:20 AM
    Why does there always have to be a catch with Verizon?!
    No catch. If the stages I mentioned above come to fruition, it would still be better than or at least as good as what T-Mobile offers.

If it doesn't, it is an added benefit for people who pay more.

once we pick our mycircle, do we have to keep those 5 til our contract is over?? or are we able to switch them up??
    No - you will be able to manage them online.

02-13-09 08:00 AM
    2) A second segment will mirror practices by the former Alltel Circle Plans & T-Mobile MyFaves plans, where ANYONE will be able to select a F&F plan, with a slightly higher rate. Something like F&F/5 for $5 or $10/10, etc. again, similar to T-Mobile.
    Now I definitely would do this! One of the features I miss when I switched from T Mobile was the myFaves plans.
    02-13-09 08:33 AM
    RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT!

Chatting with a VZW-type over lunch today. Mentioned the new Friends & Family thing. He said that, off the record, VZW is planning a stepped expansion of this program.

1) If you have a higher minute plan, 5 or 10 numbers will be free - that is rolling out shortly

2) A second segment will mirror practices by the former Alltel Circle Plans & T-Mobile MyFaves plans, where ANYONE will be able to select a F&F plan, with a slightly higher rate. Something like F&F/5 for $5 or $10/10, etc. again, similar to T-Mobile.

3) Third wave will include businesses.

All should be in play by the time Alltel is completely integrated.

Did I mention this is only a rumor (rumour)?

RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT!

I talked with a verizon rep and saw it on the verizon website! It is true they are doing family&friends plan. It starts saturday the 15th of this month (sunday ppl)!

Last edited by thinkamp; 02-13-09 at 10:09 AM.
    02-13-09 08:50 AM
    Today is Friday 02/13/09.

Saturday will be 02/14/09.

The F&F starts Sunday.

02-13-09 08:53 AM
    They state both so not to be confusing. Most don't have your plan. Weren't you grandfathered in to your plan. It wasn't even an option for me.

We just upgraded over from alltel a couple of weeks ago. Its one of the options if you go to verizon's website. There are actually 4 different family plans.....Basic, Select, Connect, and Premium. I'm unsure of what all is included with the connect and premium. Like a previous poster stated though, the select comes with unlimited texting (sms and mms) for both lines. Also all the 700 min plans above the basic start over $89.99.

And yes it does state both, BUT it goes on to say that "Customers on an eligible Nationwide Family SharePlan, starting at $89.99 monthly access for the first two lines, may select up to 10 numbers for their Friends & Family directory to share among account users."

It doesn't say Nationwide "basic" shareplan, or any others for that matter. So therefor It should be arguable that a Nationwide "select" plan that is $99.99 month should be eligible.........................

and I know I love to argue
    02-13-09 08:56 AM
    LOL I was wondering what happened to valentines day.

02-13-09 08:57 AM
    This is awesome news, spells the end of my land line, which translates to $62 a month for me.....

I believe 1400 minutes is the minimum minutes, from what I was told anyway..
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 02-13-09 at 09:35 AM.
    02-13-09 09:30 AM
    it is minute based. 900 or more for single, 1400 or more for family. basic, select, connect or premium.

Qualifying Calling Plans

Friends & Family is included on the following calling plans:
    Nationwide single line plans with 900 Anytime Minutes or more (Basic, Select, Connect, and Premium)
    Nationwide Family SharePlan with 1400 Anytime Minutes or more (Basic, Select, Connect, and Premium)
    Many of our Nationwide Email, Global, and Canada plans
    For additional qualifying plans go to: InfoCenter > Price Plans Tab

Ineligible Plans

Nationwide Unlimited Calling Plans
    Single Line $39.99/ 450
    Family SharePlan $69.99/ 700
    Nationwide 65+ Plans

Eligible Friends & Family Numbers
    Any home or business numbers in the 50 United States
    Numbers active on other wireless provider’s network
    Toll-free numbers such as 800#’s 888#’s, 877#’s, and 866#’s

Ineligible Friends & Family Numbers
    Special dialed service
    Premium numbers such as 411 or 900#s
    Customer's own wireless number or voice mail access number
    International numbers including Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Puerto Rico or any other country
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-13-09 at 09:56 AM.
    02-13-09 09:49 AM
    Now I have to decide if its worth upping my minutes just for the feature.

02-13-09 10:07 AM
    And yes it does state both, BUT it goes on to say that "Customers on an eligible Nationwide Family SharePlan, starting at $89.99 monthly access for the first two lines, may select up to 10 numbers for their Friends & Family directory to share among account users."

It doesn't say Nationwide "basic" shareplan, or any others for that matter. So therefor It should be arguable that a Nationwide "select" plan that is $99.99 month should be eligible.........................
    I may be wrong here but VZW typically puts a dollar figure out there as a qualifier. If your plan (before addons) equals XXXX amount or more, you get it, no matter if what it is called or how many minutes it includes.

and I know I love to argue
    That makes two of us.

02-13-09 10:12 AM
    I may be wrong here but VZW typically puts a dollar figure out there as a qualifier. If your plan (before addons) equals XXXX amount or more, you get it, no matter if what it is called or how many minutes it includes.

That makes two of us.

Exactly my point, lol.........

Our plan BEFORE addon's is $99.99 and like I quoted in a previous post, vzw said any eligible plan of $89.99 month..........so according to that our family plan should qualify
    02-13-09 10:18 AM
    It is minute based. 900 single, 1400 family.

Basic, Select, Connect, and Premium
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-13-09 at 12:15 PM.
    02-13-09 10:41 AM
    Exactly my point, lol.........

Our plan BEFORE addon's is $99.99 and like I quoted in a previous post, vzw said any eligible plan of $89.99 month..........so according to that our family plan should qualify
    VZW says nothing now on their website about a price minimum. It's all minutes now.
    02-13-09 10:53 AM
    VZW says nothing now on their website about a price minimum. It's all minutes now.
    I beg to differ

Friends & Family Will Forever Change The Way Customers View Their Verizon Wireless Calling Plans

Customers wanting to take advantage of Friends & Family must have a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Single Line plan with 900 or more Anytime Minutes or a Nationwide Family SharePlan with 1,400 or more Anytime Minutes. Customers on an eligible Nationwide Single Line plan, which starts at $59.99 monthly access, may select up to five numbers to add to their Friends & Family directory. Customers on an eligible Nationwide Family SharePlan, starting at $89.99 monthly access for the first two lines, may select up to 10 numbers for their Friends & Family directory to share among account users. Nationwide plans include Unlimited Night & Weekend minutes, no domestic roaming or long distance charges, and access to Mobile Web. Verizon Wireless customers also enjoy unlimited Mobile to Mobile calling with Americas largest calling family of more than 80 million customers.

So I still have a legit argument in my opinion
    02-13-09 11:08 AM
    The press releases all indicate price. Any minutes plans mentioned MAY just be for further clarification.

Either way, my personal account qualifies, but I have more than enough minutes anyway.

02-13-09 11:28 AM
    The press releases all indicate price. Any minutes plans mentioned MAY just be for further clarification.

Either way, my personal account qualifies, but I have more than enough minutes anyway.

Add up to TEN Friends & Family numbers to Nationwide Family SharePlans with 1400 minutes or more (Basic, Select, Connect, and Premium).

Unlimited Night & Weekend minutes

it is minute based. notice the $59.99 Select Plan for 450 minutes is NOT highlighted (this is showing SINGLE line prices).

Last edited by chrisy520; 02-13-09 at 12:43 PM.
    02-13-09 11:39 AM
    The dollar amounts are only there to clarify the minimum price of the plans that qualify.

900 minutes start at 59.99, 1400 minutes start at 89.99. That's all there is to it.

02-13-09 11:58 AM
    The dollar amounts are only there to clarify the minimum price of the plans that qualify.

900 minutes start at 59.99, 1400 minutes start at 89.99. That's all there is to it.

right. i think they need to word it a bit better. i'm sure they are working on that.
    02-13-09 11:59 AM
    Come to think of it, the reason I have more than enough minutes is simple. If you're not smart enough to be on VZW, I don't want to talk to you anyway.

02-13-09 12:20 PM
    right. i think they need to word it a bit better. i'm sure they are working on that.
    Exactly............

I knew our plan wouldn't qualify and its not worth the extra money to upgrade cause 90% of the numbers we call are vzw or alltel

I just felt like arguing my point because of the way they worded it
    02-13-09 01:37 PM
    This is really great news! I can actually lower our family plan now. I only call 3 numbers on a regular basis that are not Verizon numbers already and they make up for 50% of my minutes used. With this I can drop my minutes down and don't have to worry about going over at all.

Thanks Verizon!
    02-13-09 02:55 PM
198 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD