02-22-09 03:06 AM
198 1234 ...
tools
    I can and will complain because I can't talk to my family when I want/need. Verizon is not an option for them and their service is not an option for us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 02:19 PM
    "I can and will complain because I can't talk to my family when I want/need. Verizon is not an option for them and their service is not an option for us."

What will make you happy? Can you complain some more about getting things for free?
    02-12-09 02:31 PM
    I am as happy as you are!!! And I was just going to have an unlimited minutes plan go into effect tomorrow and pay what I thought was way too much for a monthly cell plan!! I don't think I will need unlimited with this new Friends & Family feature!!!
    yay!! we can be excited together. this is going to be an amzing feature! i talked with a verizon rep and hour or so ago and i told her that verizon just got a whole lot better!
    02-12-09 02:36 PM
    This will make the phone bill even smaller now. Good public relations move for Verizon I would think.
    Last edited by ssee; 02-12-09 at 04:12 PM.
    02-12-09 03:29 PM
    they are not copying it, they ate Alltel's brain and absorbed their calling plans.
    02-12-09 04:04 PM
    "I can and will complain because I can't talk to my family when I want/need. Verizon is not an option for them and their service is not an option for us."

What will make you happy? Can you complain some more about getting things for free?
    You know what you can take your attitude and check it at the door. I don't gritch about my GPS only working on BBM etc. I don't ask for things for free. I don't think I deserve something I am better than others. I just believe this is something that if they offer to some, they should offer to all. I am not even saying I should get all 10. Five would be nice.

02-12-09 04:13 PM
    Seems like someone else is having a tude problem.
    02-12-09 04:16 PM
    No, I just get tired of the holier than thou attitudes. It seems only some people are allowed to have an opinion. Because a couple of us were saying it is worthless to us, we are in the wrong and are not allowed to have opinions. I have stated why I didn't like it. I didn't ask for anyone to come after me for having an opinion.

02-12-09 04:29 PM
    As an employee of VZW I can see why this is GREAT news to some of us, and not so great for others....but at the end of the day, its giving options to a lot of our customers who constantly go over mins every month but cant afford to go to the next plan up....and who knows....there just may be something in the works for those on the 450 single line or 700 family share account in the future who dont need all of the mins they pay for
    02-12-09 04:49 PM
    As an employee of VZW I can see why this is GREAT news to some of us, and not so great for others....but at the end of the day, its giving options to a lot of our customers who constantly go over mins every month but cant afford to go to the next plan up....and who knows....there just may be something in the works for those on the 450 single line or 700 family share account in the future who dont need all of the mins they pay for
    Thank you!

02-12-09 04:56 PM
    Thank you!

I knew exatly what you were saying some ppl just take things to offensively...but I feel you and everyone is intitled to their own opinion!!
    02-12-09 04:58 PM
    RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT!

Chatting with a VZW-type over lunch today. Mentioned the new Friends & Family thing. He said that, off the record, VZW is planning a stepped expansion of this program.

1) If you have a higher minute plan, 5 or 10 numbers will be free - that is rolling out shortly

2) A second segment will mirror practices by the former Alltel Circle Plans & T-Mobile MyFaves plans, where ANYONE will be able to select a F&F plan, with a slightly higher rate. Something like F&F/5 for $5 or $10/10, etc. again, similar to T-Mobile.

3) Third wave will include businesses.

All should be in play by the time Alltel is completely integrated.

Did I mention this is only a rumor (rumour)?

02-12-09 06:29 PM
    To the OP "Verizon Wireless copies Alltel's My Circle".

Now wait a minute copy? they bought it, the whole darn company
    02-12-09 09:28 PM

Chatting with a VZW-type over lunch today. Mentioned the new Friends & Family thing. He said that, off the record, VZW is planning a stepped expansion of this program.

1) If you have a higher minute plan, 5 or 10 numbers will be free - that is rolling out shortly

2) A second segment will mirror practices by the former Alltel Circle Plans & T-Mobile MyFaves plans, where ANYONE will be able to select a F&F plan, with a slightly higher rate. Something like F&F/5 for $5 or $10/10, etc. again, similar to T-Mobile.

If this rumor one day is true I would switch to one of these plans in a heart beat. I'm very happy they have the myfav alltell feature coming out sunday.
    02-12-09 10:48 PM

I hope this would be true. I'd be willing to pay $5 a month to get 5 numbers to call w/o taking off my minutes...
    02-12-09 10:50 PM
    It makes sense, even if I heard it only from some Internet message board. They give 5 or 10 free to the people who spend more to begin with. Many of those people already leave minutes on the table each month. They are also much more valuable, as the admin costs of a 900 min user would be about the same as a 450 min user.

For the lower users, they need to implement a fee structure to the billing system.

Overall though, many users of these types of plans would be better off not paying the extra for them.

02-12-09 11:51 PM
    once we pick our mycircle, do we have to keep those 5 til our contract is over?? or are we able to switch them up??
    02-13-09 12:45 AM
    Why does there always have to be a catch with Verizon?! I had 1400 minute family plan and then I added a second Blackberry. So, I lowered my minutes to absorb a little of the addt'l data plan. And now, a feature my wife (who certainly as the gift of gab) would love to use and we can't unless we up our minutes again? Boo!

02-13-09 01:10 AM
    once we pick our mycircle, do we have to keep those 5 til our contract is over?? or are we able to switch them up??
    You can switch them up anytime you want.

02-13-09 01:25 AM
    Its on verizonwireless.com so it can't be a rumor. But here is my question. It says family plan with 1,400 mins but also says plans starting at $89.99 a month. If you have a family select plan that is 700 mins but is $99.99 do you qualify?

02-13-09 02:44 AM
    Now if the numbers call us is it still free, or just us calling the numbers?
    02-13-09 07:18 AM
    Now if the numbers call us is it still free, or just us calling the numbers?
    Nevermind this from the VZW website anwsered my question, guess I should read better first.

You will be able to sign in to My Verizon to add the feature to your account and identify 5 or 10 numbers as a Friends & Family calling group. Minutes used when placing or receiving calls to anyone in your calling group will not count against your plan minutes.
    You can even include landline numbers or wireless numbers of those who havent yet switched to the nations largest, most reliable network.
    02-13-09 07:23 AM
    700 minutes doesn't qualify. It is saying the base plan $89.99 not what your bill is.

02-13-09 07:24 AM
    700 minutes doesn't qualify. It is saying the base plan $89.99 not what your bill is.

The family select base price is more than $89.99 though

02-13-09 07:48 AM
    If you are paying that much for a family plan and have less minutes, I would be calling in and having my price reduced. Your base price on the 1st line is $99? Why is yours so much more?

02-13-09 07:52 AM
198 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD