So I just moved to a new town, where from what I've heard Alltel was the best carrier and Verizon pretty much sucks. Right now setting here my storm has not a single bar of service, my Alltel work phone has full 3G service.

I heard about these hybrid PRLs and called CS and everything was going good and she said that the area is on the list of places you can actually get one and just when she was about to do it she claimed that it said PRL's cannot be pushed to Blackberry devices. Anyone else have an experience with this happening? I know people have gotten them sent to their blackberry, so is this a new thing or do I just need to call back and hope I get someone different? Could I tell them I have a voyager or something or do they know what phone I'm calling on?
    10-21-09 09:42 AM
    Do you know if the rep set you up with a trouble ticket?
    10-21-09 09:49 AM
    I'm not 100% sure but I don't think so.

I called and said I wanted a hybrid PRL, she checked the maps and said it was available for my area. Then asked me what phone I had and as soon as I told her she said it cannot be sent to a blackberry and that was it.
    10-21-09 09:53 AM
    hmmm... and was she just a rep or a technician?
    10-21-09 10:03 AM
    A hybrid prl can be pushed to any device, voice or data

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 10:38 AM
    dial *228 opt 2 and see if that will work for you, hybrid prls are only for vzw phns on Alltel network
    10-21-09 10:38 AM
    Hybrid PRLs don't need to be "pushed" out to subscribers anymore. Since last Friday I think it was, you now have the ability to dial *228 option 2 and your phone should update with the Hybrid PRL....
    10-21-09 10:41 AM
    *228 does not update the PRL to a hybrid one. The reason I want the hybrid is so that my phone will prefer Alltel towers, I have both services and my Alltel gets full 3G all over town and my Verizon is horrible. So a hybrid that prefers Alltel towers should help me out quite a bit.
    10-21-09 10:59 AM
    Yes I know what a Hybrid PRL does and when its required. I was just saying that since last weekend, if you're in a market thats designated to need a hybrid PRL, you should be able to get it by dialing *228 option 2 from your Verizon handset... in these markets its no longer required to have a rep "push" the PRL out for you....

After its done check your phones PRL and it should be 65XXX...
    10-21-09 11:05 AM
    I live in Ferndale, AR (stalkers will be shot) and Alltel is great here, Verizon sucks, anyway I had the wrong prl on my phone, it was an Alltel one but it bugged me, and they would not push it to me, I called Executive Relations at 501-905-8000 (those guys probably hate me, but they do actually help me) and they guy pushed it to me. But I did *228 a month or so later and it gave me the wrong one again, so I just manually load the updates now, I can give you instructions how to do that in a pm. Also I think you might be best with an Alltel PRL instead of a Verizon or Hybrid one. I will send the PRL files too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 01:25 PM
    I live in Ferndale, AR (stalkers will be shot)
    Ferndale, AR. Est Pop: 7.5 (Cousin Becky's family tree doesn't branch) - use caution as there are plenty of pickups up on blocks for the residents to hide behind when shooting stalkers.

10-21-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD