hey sorry if there is already a similar thread of some sort. but i wanted to know people's experience with the call quality of the bold 9650 on vzw. dropped calls? bad sound quality? that sort of thing.
    thanks!
    06-25-10 10:39 PM
    Call quality is excellent but I must say the best call quality VZW phone I've heard was the HTC Incredible. Reception on the Bold is average at least in my case... constant signal fluctuation even in good areas. Best reception phone on VZW is probably the Motorola Droid.

Bottom line: Great call quality: average signal reception.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 11:25 PM
    Reception is great, on both my previous Tour and now my Bold, unfortunately when talking on the phone on shoulder (hands free) reception disappears & drops.
    That happen on both my Tour and Bold.
    06-26-10 01:27 AM
    I've dropped a very few calls and usually when it's been several minutes into it. The RF is very decent tho since I've removed sim and set to 1XEV/HOME. I hear the new OS6 will fix all....Yay!!
    06-26-10 10:04 AM
    call quality on mine seems better than the 8330 i had but i drop a lot more calls. i have it set to 1x but i didn't set it to home. that could be part of the problem but i was afraid i would not have reception in some of the areas that i'm in.
    06-26-10 12:28 PM
    Reception is great, on both my previous Tour and now my Bold, unfortunately when talking on the phone on shoulder (hands free) reception disappears & drops.
    That happen on both my Tour and Bold.
    yea cause u bury the antenna, the antenna is down by the mic hole and if u bury it in ur shoulder/face it dies out. mine does this too. it blows but its life if u were to hold ur hand over an antenna on an old phone when they put them on top , the call would prob drop or cut out too. it sounds muffled too when away from the face but thats any bb i have learned. since they introduced the new style(since storm 1) u get that muffled sound if u handsfree it on shoulder or talk with it away from ur mouth.
    06-27-10 02:28 AM
    My call quality and reception is great on the new Bold, slightly better than on my Tour which was very good. Volume and vibrate were slightly stronger on the Tour than they are on the Bold, but not that big a deal to me, better call quality and better reception more than makes up for it.
    06-27-10 03:12 PM
    I have no complaints about call quality, I rarely drop any calls, I'm in Philadelphia!
    06-28-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD