05-10-10 01:58 PM
51 123
tools
    Does anyone think that Verizon may be making it available for preordering on 5/10? I remember I first saw the Incredible available for ordering online a couple of weeks or so before the actual release date.
    They won't do preorders for the 9650. It'll just go on sale.
    05-08-10 12:24 PM
    They won't do preorders for the 9650. It'll just go on sale.
    And that would be you just guessing aloud.

The phone won't come out for at least 5 days!
    The phone's wifi will be messed up!

See I can do it too.
    Last edited by Biezestreet; 05-08-10 at 12:27 PM.
    05-08-10 12:25 PM
    Because the rebate form is for all Verizon phones, not just the Bold 9650. It does mean however that it will definitely be released in that window of time.
    But is there another phone on there that hasn't been released for at least pre-orders yet?
    05-08-10 12:29 PM
    And that would be you just guessing aloud.

The phone won't come out for at least 5 days!
    The phone's wifi will be messed up!

See I can do it too.
    You're awesome.
    05-08-10 12:30 PM
    I'm hoping for the 10th, but would Verizon just randomly release it without ANY sort of announcement? I figure that they have to at least do an official release date announcement (regardless if it's a big/small one) prior to releasing it. Maybe they'll announce it tomorrow (given that it's Mother's Day) and then we can begin to pre-order on Monday with a release on Thursday/Friday, or a week from Sunday on the 23rd like Sprint? Just a thought!
    05-08-10 12:53 PM
    And I think the two different UPC codes have to be for camera/non-camera. If you look at the code differences between the two Curves and then compare with the Tour and Bold, the second to last portion of the codes on the Curves differ greatly (ie - color) but the ones on the Tour & Bold are at least semi-close.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but that's what I gathered
    05-08-10 12:55 PM
    But is there another phone on there that hasn't been released for at least pre-orders yet?
    the Lg ally and Lg Fathom.
    05-08-10 02:20 PM
    Does anyone think that Verizon may be making it available for preordering on 5/10? I remember I first saw the Incredible available for ordering online a couple of weeks or so before the actual release date.
    That sounds about right. I bet vzw is figuring everybody has this phone pegged for somewhere between 5/23 to 5/30. If they do the preorder mon. 5/10 and it takes 2 weeks to arrive like the incredible that has it in stores and delivered 5/24 same day as sprint.
    05-08-10 02:30 PM
    That sounds about right. I bet vzw is figuring everybody has this phone pegged for somewhere between 5/23 to 5/30. If they do the preorder mon. 5/10 and it takes 2 weeks to arrive like the incredible that has it in stores and delivered 5/24 same day as sprint.
    I am really hoping that this is the case with the Bold.
    05-08-10 04:14 PM
    I took the rebate announcement into the store and they were like, "Cool, if that was on the web, it can't be long now." ?? These people are clueless. The manager even said (when I mentioned Sprint and May 23rd), "Oh we're (VZW) always the last to get the new phones."
    05-08-10 04:46 PM
    Finally some concrete evidence it's actually coming! Nice find.
    And yes, the two UPCs are for a camera and non-camera model. The same way with the Tour.
    The two Curve UPCs are for the two colors: black and smokey violet.
    05-08-10 09:53 PM
    Finally some concrete evidence it's actually coming! Nice find.
    And yes, the two UPCs are for a camera and non-camera model. The same way with the Tour.
    The two Curve UPCs are for the two colors: black and smokey violet.
    05-08-10 09:54 PM
    im glad to see there will be a rebate offered with this phone!
    05-08-10 11:43 PM
    I took the rebate announcement into the store and they were like, "Cool, if that was on the web, it can't be long now." ?? These people are clueless. The manager even said (when I mentioned Sprint and May 23rd), "Oh we're (VZW) always the last to get the new phones."
    Can you say duh? VZW employees are not supposed to talk about this stuff until it is officially released.
    Like that rebate form, it's not officially being used till the 10th. It's not supposed to be shared till then.
    If they are caught talking about that stuff before it is officially released they can potentially be fired. It has happened.
    It's called proprietary information.
    05-09-10 01:45 AM
    I was at the local VZW on Friday looking at the HTC Incredible and the employee at the counter told me to wait a week. He said something is coming out soon. So I am still holding off my NE2 upgrade hoping the Bold would show up.
    05-09-10 10:12 PM
    I was at the local VZW on Friday looking at the HTC Incredible and the employee at the counter told me to wait a week. He said something is coming out soon. So I am still holding off my NE2 upgrade hoping the Bold would show up.
    I'm pretty sure that the KIN one & KIN two are launching sometime this week/this weekend, so that might have been what he was referring to.
    05-09-10 11:20 PM
    The kin is going to fail , the engadget review of those were not so good.
    05-10-10 01:43 AM
    The kin is going to fail , the engadget review of those were not so good.
    KIN two looks pretty cool, but yeah, the reviews I've read aren't insanely good.
    05-10-10 02:02 AM
    I noticed in an VZT internal site that the Bold 9650 release date of 5/10, however I thought it was an old page. Maybe Monday is the day!!

Definitely not today.
    05-10-10 06:19 AM
    Can you say duh?
    Can you? I agree that the rebate form is a good sign, and I'll bet it will be out before the end of the month, but we still have not received anything internally about the release of this month.
    05-10-10 06:22 AM
    Definitely not today.
    Well, not today, hoping soon! That may have been one of the original release dates and not updates when it got pushed back. Oh well, soon anyway I hope..

I did get my son a new phone last week and we had asked about the Kin.. I was told it was great for young kids and social networking but it doesn't really do anything else well.

I'm just sitting here patiently while by 8830 is on it's last breath waiting for the 9650...
    05-10-10 06:37 AM
    Hmm...wifey is up for an upgrade on the 19th and she just can't wait to get a new phone. It's between this 9650 and the Incredible. I guess it just depends on when this one comes out!
    05-10-10 09:56 AM
    Well, not today, hoping soon! That may have been one of the original release dates and not updates when it got pushed back. Oh well, soon anyway I hope..

I did get my son a new phone last week and we had asked about the Kin.. I was told it was great for young kids and social networking but it doesn't really do anything else well.

I'm just sitting here patiently while by 8830 is on it's last breath waiting for the 9650...
    There has never been a date announced by Verizon. Dates you have seen on this website or others are speculation, and nothing more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 11:52 AM
    There should be some internal material right before it's launched. i'll keep looking for it! Employees are about the last to know though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 01:09 PM
    Hmm...wifey is up for an upgrade on the 19th and she just can't wait to get a new phone. It's between this 9650 and the Incredible. I guess it just depends on when this one comes out!
    Go with the Incredible. I left the BB Storm for the Incredible, it's a great phone. It's not as good at email as a BB (if the BB is 100%, then the Incredible is about 90%), but it's far better at everything else (if the Incredible is 100%, the BB is 50%).

Moreover, a full year after the Tour 1, all BB can do is add a track pad and wi-fi. These were already available when the Tour 1 came out!
    05-10-10 01:56 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD