Does anyone know if you are able to set up a vzw.blackberry.net email up with outlook? Had this call today and realized the the server name it gives on the admin site says Internal... Anyone know if this is possible?
    08-25-09 01:23 PM
    Never thought about it. Intersting thought though.
    IMO probobly not based on server info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 02:00 PM
    Yeah i couldn't get it pain in the a
    08-25-09 02:04 PM
    I knew I saw this question already, sort of...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/che...s-home-137784/
    Anyhow, I believe the same answer applies; you can only receive email from this account on your BB.
    08-25-09 02:22 PM
    AHA I wanted to see if it could be set up thru outlook but it looks like no thx alleycat
    08-25-09 02:30 PM
    Does anyone know if you are able to set up a vzw.blackberry.net email up with outlook? Had this call today and realized the the server name it gives on the admin site says Internal... Anyone know if this is possible?
    There is no direct access to the email using a PC client, there is no IMAP or POP3, or web interface. Incoming mail is only accessible by push direct to the device.

The only way it might work is to setup the @vzw.blackberry.net (BIS?) to forward or copy to a different Outlook email address.

Whether Outlook can be setup to look like it was sent from a BlackBerry is another issue entirely. It may be possible to configure at least ReplyTo if the user has appropriate permissions, but the email headers would still show the true origin on the SMTP server instead of the BB.
    08-25-09 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD